Misunderstood Monsters: Wyverns and more!

Erichermit

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man the wyverns are generous to everyone but me! XD

I just got my first wyvern task not long ago actually. It took me 113 duradel tasks to finally get the wyvern task I had been waiting for for so long. I didn't get any notable drops but it was fun! I hope I can get some more soon.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

A note on the Black Mask: If you have a slayer mask, please use the black mask.

The +15% bonus will be extremely useful here. Duradel is the only slayer master

who can assign skeletal wyverns and he assigns them in portions of 60-90

I had 48 of them a few tasks ago, maybe that this has been said, haven't read all the posts. :-w

99 Magic; achieved on 4-4-2009.

85 Slayer; achieved on 6-8-2009.

99 Defence; achieved on 14-8-2009.

99 Constitution; achieved on 12-3-2013.

99 Attack; achieved on 12-5-2013.

99 Slayer; achieved on 21-6-2013.

I came, I saw, I ran away.

osiris_1993.png

Actually I just got 40ish of them a bit ago. I'm pretty sure the game guide used to say 60-90 but it seems they have since changed it to 40-80

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A great guide all round.

Interesting techniques, well explained.

For Warped Terrorbirds however, there is an easy way to trap 2 at a time. When you run into the sewer, climb the ladder(Obviously ::' ), then run the the very end room. If you stand parrell to the railing the 2 birds will spawn, move diagonally to attack you and get caught at the ends of the railings. So if you stand in line to where I am standing you can make easy work of them.

88921586.png

dragon_elf45.png

Thanks surf legend! I think I tend to use the area just down that ladder (I think that's the ladder) but there's a hallway with just 2 of them and 1 turtle. The turtle never attacks and by the time you kill one the other has respawned. They seem be to similar in effectiveness

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love this guide, I just got a Wyvern task, so I immediately searched for this guide. The Warped T birds also helped me. :D

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I made a change to the guide concerning melee wyverns equipment. I no longer recommend you wear Karils.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I have added a new monster! I now have a guide on Bandos Spiritual Mages!

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Awesome. I really like the Bandos Mages part. I've been wanting to range Mages for quite a while now. I'll be using this guide without a doubt :P

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Good job on Bandos mages part ^^ Did it once myself too:

090315024145.png

(I was using yak just to hold ranging potions)

You could add that you can easily use boost prayers (hawk eye) too for no cost. Just choose a lootshare world and go in to recharge your prayer at altar between every 10 minutes. You can go in safely after boss is dead, minions won't attack you. If you save some prayer points you can go in to recharge even if boss is alive, just put your range prayer on and spamclick altar until it recharges your prayer, boss doesn't really spec you that often.

Oh, and you can also try your luck in getting imp champion scroll if you prefer to do so ^^ I had no luck :(

Nice boots! I'd be shooting imps too if I didn't already have all the champ scrolls :D

Nice idea with the prayer recharging. I was considering that but forgot about lootshare worlds

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Cool, an update.

I really like it, ashame I'm already 99 ranged and I value melee xp higher. I would just like to add that you underestimate the killing rate of mages with melee by A LOT. One can easily kill over 200 zammy mages an hour, probably even 300 with piety, a fighting familiar, and on task.

I love this guide, but in the new update part (the bandos mages) none of the screenies are showing, unfortunately, I'm not familiar with photobucket, so I can't offer a solution.

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

The safespot has been fixed? Oh bother! >.< I shouldn't have written a guide about it!

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Southern mage won't attack if you're on long range, but I can't get the North mage to stop attacking :(

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]