The Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide - UPDATED

unorclan

Compared to my style of playing, your guide is better in some aspects, but you may have also missed out some of my strategies. Nevertheless, it is a marvellous guide, 9/10.

F2Per, F2P style only.

A range/mage hybrid in FoG.

Yeah, like that zaryte bow

wait

recharge costs = ammo.

So, all melee weapons are overpowered, at least.

this combat triangle finally makes sense...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome guide, I have used all of these tactics and they work wonders. :thumbsup:

Two strategy suggestions:

A little thing that might work when you are fighting against a Center Defender: after you have attacked your opponent with Ranged/Magic and they have turned on their Protection Prayer, run next to them (make sure you stand on a crowded spot so they can't see you) and continue Ranging/Maging them. Some people believe that you are going to Melee them and switch Prayers. Of course, at some point they see that you are not meleeing them, but before that you should be able to deliver a nice amount of damage to them.

Also, if you are using all the three combat styles, a nasty trick to use on players using Protection Prayers is to switch from a bow to a melee weapon/from a melee weapon to bow and make your opponent believe you are going to use Melee/Ranged on them and switch Protection Prayer. But, when they switch the prayer, you attack them with Magic instead, and when they switch to Magic Protect you start using Ranged/Melee and continue with switching attack styles. This sometimes confuses your opponent's Praying horribly, letting you deal massive amounts of damage.

Anyways, like I said earlier, this is an awesome strategy guide. 10/10.

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

• 2 weeks later...

Im not a paticularly experienced FoG player, but out of the 20 or so games i have played i reckon i've won at least 16. It really didnt take me long to hit upod an eficient tactic.

The big thing here is 52 summoning for the terrorbird and a decent agility level - once you have that you have near infinite cheap, free energy. This means my pack normally contains...

Ahrims

Torags

Black D hide

Tireless run scroll

AT LEAST 5 OTHER TERRORBIRD POUCHES

After a bit of practice you can restore energy while running quite easily, even eith the weight of 3 armour sets. The catch to this is that you cant use the houses. But...

Heres where the other pouches come in. You dismiss the terrorbird (doesnt seem to work in center :S) which can be quite difficult, but practice makes perfect. Run into the house, do whatever you want (teleport or wait), leave and then resummon. Nice and simple.

Thats my two cents, i dont really know if its a valid tactic, but free energy cant be a bad thing, can it?

Alternate Philosophy:

"Things just happen. What the hell"

obliviousvk7.png

• 2 months later...

:thumbsup: i like it

i used to absolutely hate this game...

i was like the 10th person to play it lol

i used to wall hug

then i did the center thing

then i quit cuz i kept getting creamed

i may start playing again now that i know some strategy to it

good job on the guide

reignofury.png

Reignofury.png

althought i think no1 can realy make a true guide for fog this one isnt bad.

personaly i carry my heavy armor in fog because it helps when you make, what i call, suicide bombs into the middle where u take damage and then run out to trick ur opponent. yes it hurts ur weight but you run will still run down very fast in f2p and if u use it only when u need to armor will help more than no armor.

i take all 3 armors in f2p because i use mage on offence but use d hide and rune for def. also i didnt see if u mentioned that you realy should bring at least 2 diffrent attack styles into fog when u play.

finaly for those of you saying well ur not very highly ranked in fog, thats because i got borred with it and if they ever make it where u can challenge people i will happly accept many of them.

ps: i dont play fog in members because i dont like getting beat beacuse ive done less quest than ppl, aka ancients, or have less money, aka god sword.

Words are only interpertaions of opinions.

I've found from my experience that rune armour isn't necessary, since a majority of people mage since it's free. Although rune is nice when you come under attack from someone using melee, hugging the rock near the center is often enough to stay alive. Sometimes an extra piece of rune armour is helpful if you're facing someone with high range though.

Glad the guide's an AOW guide now though, I guess my bump was worthwhile.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I've found from my experience that rune armour isn't necessary, since a majority of people mage since it's free. Although rune is nice when you come under attack from someone using melee, hugging the rock near the center is often enough to stay alive. Sometimes an extra piece of rune armour is helpful if you're facing someone with high range though.

The range factor is the exact reason i bring it. while the green d hide gives excelent protection against mage, it is very inefective against meleers and even worse agains rangers. while you can tank the meleers and with a high mage and def lvl hold off the mages, the rangers just seem to hit hard and fast nomatter what. personaly i think its worth it but its up to the player i just think that the use of rune should be mentioned in the guide especialy since the author says he has never tried other styles.

ps: i have seen people who play using just green d hide and monk robes and i cant rember a time when i lost because they out ran me.

this is because in f2p run will expire very quickly and i think people will notice that in fog there realy isnt much of a diffrence wether your carrying full armor or not.

Words are only interpertaions of opinions.

Very thorough with the maps and tactics! Things you might want to add:

-Rewards section; people want to know what they're playing for!

-Inventory/equipment for f2p and p2p (if you want my recomendations just ask!)

-Rock hugging the 2 rocks in the middle is hugely effective for slowing down a melee'rs attacks. When your opponent is caught on the southern side of the southern rock, run up behind the northern side of the northern rock and vise versa.

-Maybe a map showing the levels of charge gain? Off the top of my head it's like 3,6,10 (or 9?),something,28.

Some little tips:

-The southwest corner of the cetre cirlce is the 'pile' square.

-Being a higher combat level your opponent is the single largest advantage you can have; not only will your opponent have to right-click to attack you, but you'll appear on the bottom of the right-click player list in the centre. On high-traffic days, this can put you off the screen!

-If you are getting killed faster than your protection prayer is draining, flip on steel skin, as well as mystic might if you are being maged.

-Rapid heal can take the edge off of the mischarge damage.

-Standing in the middle recharges your running energy very fast.

-If you want to see what your opponent is hitting you with, but do not want to leave the circle, right-click and walk where he is standing, there is a good chance he'll be 'on top' when he has to move.

-If you are the hunter, and your opponent teleports while you are attacking him, don't click anything; your character well run after him.

-On high-traffic days, if you get to the middle before your hunted gets there, and he teleports in, you may have to run away a bit and then come back for his arrow to appear.

-While you have to bring ranging amunition in, you'll recieve all 'recoverable' amunition when both rounds end (naturally, this excludes herb tar and bolt racks).

quit

The most frustrating thing (and the most common) is when you enter a house, the opponent runs to the middle, and then he stays there. No matter what house you teleport to, he'll always see you leaving. And even if you leave your original house, he'll see you and start running after you. :wall: This happened to me today as I was facing off against a guy with a 15k rating (ranked 500-something on the hs boards). And tbh, I was stupid on my part because no matter how hard I tried, he could see me coming out of my house since he was standing in the center.

And guess what. When I was the hunter, he just sat and tanked in the middle. I barely won 751 to 731, but I spent a wayyy longer time getting those charges than he did. :x

But if one were to run out of the center to a house, always choose the north-east house, as it is closest to the center and thus gives 21 charges instead of 15 like the other three houses. :thumbup:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Great guide, pointed out a lot of things I didn't notice.

Of course, I'll probably continue to be a 'center defender' in most cases, since it's much less effort, and with 100+ combat you win most of the time anyway. Generally I run around only for the sole purpose of annoying my opponent if he/she ran first.

Anyway, one suggestion for a hunted tactic:

The most annoying hunters are the ones who use melee while wearing mage armor, since they can effectively use both styles without switching any equipment. A good way to shake them is to run or move to a different spot right when they use magic, since they've just broken the auto melee attack and they aren't autocasting magic. Unless they were able to click you for the next attack before you moved, they'll have to waste time looking for you in the crowd or chasing you down.

evilwallaby3kk1ht5.jpg

Very nice, I like the scan routes you've drawn :D

Sorry if this has been mentioned prior, and although I understand you (probably) are F2P, you should add something about summons. Bunyips are invaluable here, they counter the damage done to you by the arena very well. I really doubt combat familiars are worth it, but it's also worth taking multiple bunyips in, just incase your hunter decides to kill them (if he does, then you just re-summon a bunyip, and he has wasted several valuable seconds killing your bunyip).

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|