Should an Old Pker Come Back?

chi13

8-) After the getting ganked (three vs one ftw) in the new "single bounty hunter" a few months ago. I dropped everything I owned (about 3m) and quit the game.

I'm willing to start over though...maybe on a new account. You see, I used to love pking and staking, and I enjoyed the dizzying rush I got from fighting someone and seeing their items in my inventory =P~ .

That being said. I was a hardcore pker before the updates. Do you think it would be worth it for me to come back now?

A REPLACEMENT?

Ok picture this, they replace your yew and magic trees with a tree that if you attempt to cut it alone your axe breaks, if you cut it with a group as soon as you get a log you get a skull on your head, all the other woodcutters attack you and you cant log out for 3 minutes.

Bounty hunter and tournaments were not a replacement, they are garbage.

:D But how would I make money? I used to fish for the money at first, but stopped that to pk as soon as I could. I remember picking up a few addy arrows off the ground with my ranger and pking someone for 30k "back in the day", or looting a r2h early in the day, then staking it and winning around 2m by the end of the day. I know these feats would be almost impossible to duplicate, so what exactly should I do for money when I get back. I was more of the merchant, pker type. (I used to hate skilling). -.-

A REPLACEMENT?

Ok picture this, they replace your yew and magic trees with a tree that if you attempt to cut it alone your axe breaks, if you cut it with a group as soon as you get a log you get a skull on your head, all the other woodcutters attack you and you cant log out for 3 minutes.

id say yes. i was a hardcore pker like yourself, and i find boss hunting a good substitute for it all. gwd and dks give rewards like staking, it has a decent amount of fun. im not sure why people say the funs gone :lol:

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

i quit for abit when they killed runescape. was a 1 def ownage pure, making like 1m a day from pking.. good times...

f2p bh isnt to bad though, a bit of practise and its kinda fun.. theres lots of opther things to do too...

making moneys dead, like u i pked and merchanted... and thats still how i make my money.

If you know what ur doiong you can make 1m+ a day merchanting in the grand exchnage, its probly wasier tbh...

anyway ur choice

making moneys dead

Are you high?

On topic:

Come back if you feel like you'd have fun. If you wouldn't have fun with the current system, or the "upcoming" systems of PvP, why bother?

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

:D But how would I make money? I used to fish for the money at first, but stopped that to pk as soon as I could. I remember picking up a few addy arrows off the ground with my ranger and pking someone for 30k "back in the day", or looting a r2h early in the day, then staking it and winning around 2m by the end of the day. I know these feats would be almost impossible to duplicate, so what exactly should I do for money when I get back. I was more of the merchant, pker type. (I used to hate skilling). -.-

You ignored the only first reply suggesting that if you played for pking then it's not worth it. Then you replied asking how to make money, so I think your mind is set. You just want people to list more reasons for you to come back. I don't have any recommendations for making money. I'd just say log on, see if you still enjoy the game or not, and go from there.

Before what updates? Obviously you played when BH was here and single at that so that was at most 5 months ago and you quit because you lost 3m? What a joke :roll: Dont bother coming back RS will be just fine without you ;)

L2pullout.png

If u r going to make an account just for pking than its not worth it. The best u can do would be to making a lower crater pure in a couple of months deppending on how much u play. pking is gone,, unless they make another dangerous minigame which is possible because of the poll results.

You say you used to hate skilling.

Your screwed.

This man speaks the truth.

No PKing + All Skilling = :S

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Before what updates? Obviously you played when BH was here and single at that so that was at most 5 months ago and you quit because you lost 3m? What a joke :roll: Dont bother coming back RS will be just fine without you ;)

Are you illiterate or just [bleep]ing stupid? I said I quit because the single bh update was just a pjing hell hole. Learn to read, [wagon].

P.S. You can go kill yourself now.

A REPLACEMENT?

Bounty Hunter is still the only thing close to old wildy - and it is a gankfest.

If you can get a mate to help you out, it can be rewarding - but gone are the 1v1 days of old, and knowing that you only had to defeat a dirty pjer once the fight was over.

As stated - unless Jagex invent a new dangerous 1v1 minigame, then RS is not a place for a pker of old to be. UNLESS you can turn your head towards the skilling/monster hunting side, and play the game in a completely different light. Thats what I did, and enjoy it about the same as I did when I was a 1 def 90+ range pure.