Map Speculation

Melter

As you all know they new dev diary came out, something caught my eye in last pic:

screenshot.jpg

On minimap is a circle in bottom right with an globe icon. Could this be an in-game world map? If so it is highly psossible that jagex can/has/will code the world map to be like the minimap, meaning you can see the locations of players, or at least friends, in real time!

I hope they will add this feature to the game, that would be awesome!

World map? Mabye. Shows the real time location of every other player in the world? Not happening. Even friends would be too difficult to code; think of how small the dots would be. And what about the many areas on a different level? I.E. the GWD.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

World map? Mabye. Shows the real time location of every other player in the world? Not happening. Even friends would be too difficult to code; think of how small the dots would be. And what about the many areas on a different level? I.E. the GWD.

It wouldn't, it's already been done with an illegal world-switching client.

It will probably just be something you can click on to see the world map. It actually might not do anything. :x

That would be my guess as well. People use the world map all the time, but in full screen (from what we can tell from the picture) there is no bar at the top with the links to the world map and such. That button might just initiate the pop up map. Never know though.

I would bet on the world map. With full screen mode you wont be able to click the world map link so to compensate we will get it in-game.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Would be good if it centred on your own position.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

yea, its probably just a map like everyone has said.

And if THAT is the new interface for (skills, inventory, prayers, etc), i might stick with the old settings :ugeek:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Interesting. Would be cool if you could see your friends around the world in real time, but could be quite a strain in the servers - surely it's a lot of extra information which the server needs to send out?

143kxfq.png

Please take a look at my blog here.

Those who can not accept change condemn themselves to living in the past.

99 Range - 99 Mage - 99 Defence - 99 Hitpoints

Is it just me, or do those emotes look...horrible...assuming they are emotes at all...

Anyways, an in-game world map wouldn't work well (though that space below the minimap might show general locations.).

Need a new signature....perhaps...

Lets hope we get a new bank system.(prays for the one that one guy made that has different "sections".) :pray: :pray: :pray:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

lol i don't think their going to release anything else big( like a bank reform) with this graphics overhaul.

Also can anyone confirm or not whether you can use the new graphics option without being forced to play full-screen?

cakesncats056-1.jpg

there has been a lot of speculation of this and it is really going to change the game as we know it. i just hope that the new graphics thing will work on my terrible computer.

i think it will be a worldmap and also notice every icon thing is a popup now!