Call of Duty: World at War

Arch_Tyrant

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ye, there is so many other wars they could go for as well which would be so much more fun to play. Vietnam, many of the civil wars in Africa, the troubles in Northern Ireland, even a realistic SWAT game would be amazing , close combat the whole way through taking down the gangs of LA or something :P

Ye, there is so many other wars they could go for as well which would be so much more fun to play. Vietnam, many of the civil wars in Africa, the troubles in Northern Ireland, even a realistic SWAT game would be amazing , close combat the whole way through taking down the gangs of LA or something :P

Those wont sell games, WW2 is the last war which had a definitive bad guy, the troubles in northern ireland are way more complex than WW2 were in that you can blame a lot of groups for it.Also there is also a realistic swat game by Ken Levine SWAT4 and its pretty amazing.

tifsdac6mc.gif

Those wont sell games, WW2 is the last war which had a definitive bad guy, the troubles in northern ireland are way more complex than WW2 were in that you can blame a lot of groups for it.Also there is also a realistic swat game by Ken Levine SWAT4 and its pretty amazing.

Or Rainbow Six Vegas. Its kinda a Swat game, thoughm you won't think of it like that.

Except that nobody cares about Africa or Ireland, especially their own domestic problems. Vietnam might be able to sell, though. Maybe.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Except that nobody cares about Africa or Ireland, especially their own domestic problems. Vietnam might be able to sell, though. Maybe.

Though tbf i don't play a game just because of where it's placed. I play games like call of duty to kill people lol. A game in Ireland would never work thoug tbf. Africa would be good.

I'm getting kinda tired of war games at this stage. A realistic SWAT or Riot Police type game I think would be amazing, seriously, We've all stormed Omaha beach, We've all run n' gunned our way through the fields of Normandy, We've all shot Vietcong in paddy fields. Something different for once would be cool.

I'm getting kinda tired of war games at this stage. A realistic SWAT or Riot Police type game I think would be amazing, seriously, We've all stormed Omaha beach, We've all run n' gunned our way through the fields of Normandy, We've all shot Vietcong in paddy fields. Something different for once would be cool.

Coughrainbowsix/grawcough.

Rainbow six isn't that realistic though, going about taking down terrorist organisations isn't that realistic tbh. What I mean by realistic is ones like dealing with Drug raids, Bank heists. Things that SWAT teams would encounter most times. Ah well, a gamer can dream :(

Rainbow six isn't that realistic though, going about taking down terrorist organisations isn't that realistic tbh. What I mean by realistic is ones like dealing with Drug raids, Bank heists. Things that SWAT teams would encounter most times. Ah well, a gamer can dream :(

More realistic than you know.

Most drug raids and bank heists probaly don't even last 10 minutes irl (Storm the building take everyone by suprise and arrest them) which is not really worth a entire game, and Rainbow Six is one of the most realistic FPS's out there.

Edit: And swordhand its not coming out for PS2.

keen.png

Edit: And swordhand its not coming out for PS2.

It is, and Wii.
Activision Publishing CEO Mike Griffith has stated that the next installment of Call of Duty would make its way to the DS, PC, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Wii and Xbox 360 platforms before the end of the company's 2009 fiscal year, which has typically ended on March 31.

mgssteelwarol7.png

Its coming out on PS2, so it looks as if the failboat has already been boarded.

Wow, you obviously know nothing about business. Obviously they are bringing the game out on lots of consoles so to attract a much larger audience, therefore raking in more cash...

Judging by your comment you're saying that just because it's comming out for a specific console that the game is going to suck for every other console?

I find it quite impressive that they managed to port the Call of Duty 4 engine onto Playstation 2 and the Wii.

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

Wow, you obviously know nothing about business. Obviously they are bringing the game out on lots of consoles so to attract a much larger audience, therefore raking in more cash...

Judging by your comment you're saying that just because it's comming out for a specific console that the game is going to suck for every other console?

I find it quite impressive that they managed to port the Call of Duty 4 engine onto Playstation 2 and the Wii.

As long as Xbox dosen't lose its quality Xbox Live and replace it with Wii online, I'll be fine :D

I'll probably line up for this game, it looks pretty cool, and I really had no liking to any game... They all shooters, and you get to kill people with guns. Thats all good :D

But they wont concentrate on bringing it to just the PC, PS3, and 360, they'll waste time developing it for the Wii and PS2. What we're likely to see on Wii and PS2 is a very shallow version of the COD4 engine, and likely poor online play. They could have used that time polishing it for the 360, PS3 and PC.
mgssteelwarol7.png

But they wont concentrate on bringing it to just the PC, PS3, and 360, they'll waste time developing it for the Wii and PS2. What we're likely to see on Wii and PS2 is a very shallow version of the COD4 engine, and likely poor online play. They could have used that time polishing it for the 360, PS3 and PC.

You do realise both sell more than the 360/ps3 dont you?

The wii sells more units, yes. Not sure about PS2, obviously it's sold much more units but the amount they're selling each month is probably much less. But many are bought by people who wouldn't play COD5, like middle aged people who are'nt gamers but just have a wii for parties.
mgssteelwarol7.png

The earlier R6 games were very realistic, but now they're starting to get a little more mainstreamed (mainly due to the regenerating health and larger scaled battles).

Isn't there a series called SWAT though?

jjroxlu7.jpg

The wii sells more units, yes. Not sure about PS2, obviously it's sold much more units but the amount they're selling each month is probably much less. But many are bought by people who wouldn't play COD5, like middle aged people who are'nt gamers but just have a wii for parties.

I know, I mean you just have to have a Wii in a drunken party [/pun]

Its gonna have vehicles. FFS.

We get it you don't like the game, at least other people are saving their judgements until they've at least played the game :roll: .

keen.png