Call of Duty: World at War

Arch_Tyrant

Muskets needed to have their gunpowder reloaded every time they shot, didn't they? That would be a REALLY boring game :P Imagine a CTF game with a gun that can only fire once every minute o.0

One shot, then run in with the sword, die, spawn and fire a shot then run in with the sword again :P.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Rumoured Perks:

Leaked CoD: World at War Perk List?

PlayStation Universe says it has dug up the perk list for Call of Duty: World at Warand it looks legit enough, but without sourcing or confirmation, we're gonna call this rumor, same as other set lists, trophies, achievements and such. If it's on the level, then for everyone who resented Juggernaut and Martyrdom, those are back, so have fun. The full list is on the jump. Call of Duty: World at War drops Nov. 11 in North America, Nov. 12 in Australia, and Nov. 14 in Europe, on the 360, Wii, PS3, PC and DS.

The perks:

Perk 1

Special Grenades x3

Satchel Charge x2

M9A1 Bazooka x2

Bomb Squad

Bouncing Betty x2 (similar to claymores)

Bandolier

Primary Grenades x2

M2 Flamethrower

Perk 2

Stopping Power

Fireworks (explosives cause more damage)

Flak Jacket (decreases damage taken by explosives)

Gas Mask

Juggernaut

Camouflage

Sleight of Hand

Shades (decreases intensity of signal flares)

Double Tap

Overkill

Perk 3

Deep Impact

Extreme Conditioning

Steady Aim

Toss Back (resets fuse on tossing back enemy grenade)

Second Chance (ability to revive allies)

Martyrdom

Fireproof

Dead Silence

Iron Lungs

Reconnaissance (shows artillery and tanks on map)

Vehicle Perk

Water Cooler

Greased Bearings

Ordnance Training

Leadfoot

Coaxial Machine Gun

Juggernaut sucks, period. But since most people use stopping power, juggernaut is negated most of the time. Martyrdom, on the other hand, relies totally on luck. The only times I get killed by it are when I run around a corner just as the friggin' thing explodes, without giving me a chance to evade. Or when my teammate blocks me from running away, killing both of us. It's just giving random kills to weaker players.

jjroxlu7.jpg

Juggernaut sucks, period. But since most people use stopping power, juggernaut is negated most of the time. Martyrdom, on the other hand, relies totally on luck. The only times I get killed by it are when I run around a corner just as the friggin' thing explodes, without giving me a chance to evade. Or when my teammate blocks me from running away, killing both of us. It's just giving random kills to weaker players.

Exactly. They're designed for people with no skill so they can play online without getting trashed.

Also theres no penalty for stacking them together, so you get guys with 3x fragg, juggernaught and martyrdom.

mgssteelwarol7.png

I don't die to juggernaught they just get away when im sniping or w/e. Martyrdom is annoying not because of deaths but because its stupid to have to run away from every body. So dont randomly insult me because I dont like perks designed for newbs; because thats what they are.

If you want an insult Ill give you one.

It was my opinion. Because they are not perks for newbs .. The game isn't that great to begin with ... So dont expect awesomeness from something Like it.

You are entitled to your opinion. But the perks really are designed for bad players, so that they keep playing online rather than returning the game.

Perhaps the perk that resets the fuse on the grenade could be a counter to martyrdom, you could pick up the grenade and throw it back so you have twice as long to esape. perhaps they wil nerf martyrdom down to a 5 second fuse.

mgssteelwarol7.png

Martyrdom really is a joke perk, that's why so many people use it, absolutely no skill required to use it.

Exactly, there is no skill involved in Martyrdom or a noob who uses a LMG with deep penetration, that's why both were considered noob perks.

Martyrdom basically is just a way of noob adding up their kill tally without actually killing someone themselves.

Here's a trick, when you kill somebody - more running, less whining.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Here's a trick, when you kill somebody - more running, less whining.

I hardly get killed by martyrdom, but why should that stop me from whining? As a human it's my right to bitterly complain.

It's part of the game, I think it's more noobish to die from it than by killing somebody using it, people should just get on with enjoying the game.

I was maybe a bit over the top in using the word whining, I complain about things myself but I just think that if people call certain perks/tactics noobish then they should be able to overcome the people using them.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Dying BY martyrdom? Don't you mean dying BECAUSE OF martyrdom? Martyrdom isn't an entity, that chooses to jump at you and kill you.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

US Weapons:

· Thompson M1A1

· M1A1 Carbine

· M1 Garand

· Trench Shotgun

· Browning Automatic Rifle (B.A.R)

· Springfield M1903

· Springfield M1903: Scoped

· M2 flamethrower

· M1911 (aka Colt 45)

· Bajonet

· M9 Bazooka

· M1919A6 Browning

· M2 machinegun

Explosives:

· MK2 Frag Grenade

· Smoke Grenade

· Satchel Charges

· Mines

Russian Weapons:

· TT-33

· Mosin Nagant

· Mosin Nagant Scoped

· PPSH (71 round Drum Magazine)

· PPSH (31 round Banana Magazine)

· Bajonet

Explosives:

· RGD-33

German Weapons:

· P08 Luger

· Kar98

· Kar98 scoped

· MP44

· MP40

· MG42

· MG34

· Messer

Explosives:

· handle-grenade (aka potato masher)

Japanese Weapons:

· Nambu 14

· Arisaka Typ 99

· Type 100 Submachine gun

· Bajonet

· Katana

Explosives:

· Kiska grenade

British Weapons:

· Sten

Unlockable Perks:

· Juggernaut (more health)

· Sleight of Hand (faster reload)

· Extreme Conditioning (longer sprint distrance)

· Martyrdom (drop live grenade when you die)

· Steady Aim

· Bandolier (larger magazine pack)

· Iron Lungs

· Stopping Power

· Deep Impact

· Sonic Boom

· Last Stand

· Monkey (better at climbing trees)

· Frogman (faster swimspeed)

· Play Dead

· Crouch Sprinter

· Banzai

These are by far the most likely perks and guns. The list comes from game code from some kind of demo which someone got hold of. The reason why its by far the most likely is because somebody did the same thing for COD4 and the list turned out exactly right.

The only thing is that some of these weapons may only be available in singleplayer. (I took this straight from the website; I'm asuming "bajonet" is just a typo of bayonet, which sounds awesome).

Whilst juggernaught and martyrdom are still there 3xfrag isn't, which is a definate plus.

mgssteelwarol7.png

I hope those are the single players guns as if that whole list is for multiplayer the American teams would annihilate anyone they're up against with those weapons. Flamethrower, heavy assault rifles, sub-machine guns, snipers, bazookas etc while other teams seem to have 1 AR, 1 SMG, 1 LMG etc.

I think the Extreme conditioning, Monkey and Play dead perks will make a very serious impact on the game (for the more stealth players anyway) compared to it usually solely being Stopping Power in CoD4.

Assumably you can create your own classes as in COD4, so you can use whatever weapons you want regardless of team, for example in COD4 Opfor can take American weapons such as the M4 carbine.

If it wasn't multiplayer would be f'ed right from the start.

There'll be up to 10 custom class slots after all the prestiges are gone through, with a total of 5 slots open from the start.

Assumably you can create your own classes as in COD4, so you can use whatever weapons you want regardless of team, for example in COD4 Opfor can take American weapons such as the M4 carbine.

There'll be up to 10 custom class slots after all the prestiges are gone through, with a total of 5 slots open from the start.

This might seem stupid, but did COD4 have this feature or not? I never reached 10th Prestige so I wouldn't know. :P

Looking forward to this game, definitely going to get it. :)

This might seem stupid, but did COD4 have this feature or not? I never reached 10th Prestige so I wouldn't know. :P

Looking forward to this game, definitely going to get it. :)

No, you only ever had 5 max.