Call of Duty: World at War

Arch_Tyrant

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has the same feel as CoD4 with a new skin with some minor changes, I like it.

Mmmm thats why i don't like it.

I'm a big COD 4 fan...and when i play the beta i think to myself: 'Haven't i already got this game?'...

I really don't think they've done much other than change the skin, imbalance afew things and add overpowered tanks.

TBH all the good stuff on COD 5 is inherant from COD 4.

If Treyarch had actually put their own input in and changed the game i'd have more respect for it. But there's virtually no gameplay changes so its just a different skin for COD 4 really- but with not so good map design.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

It has the same feel as CoD4 with a new skin with some minor changes, I like it.

I'm a big COD 4 fan...and when i play the beta i think to myself: 'Haven't i already got this game?'...

I really don't think they've done much other than change the skin, imbalance afew things and add overpowered tanks.

If Treyarch had actually put their own input in and changed the game i'd have more respect for it. But there's virtually no gameplay changes so its just a different skin for COD 4 really- but with not so good map design.

Only beef I have with what you're saying is that tanks are not overpowered. You have to be horrible to be unable to take down a tank. The gunner up top can be sniped out if you have any sort of skill with sniping, and you can solo a tank with fireworks+satchel charges/bazooka+sticky grenades.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Only beef I have with what you're saying is that tanks are not overpowered. You have to be horrible to be unable to take down a tank. The gunner up top can be sniped out if you have any sort of skill with sniping, and you can solo a tank with fireworks+satchel charges/bazooka+sticky grenades.

Yeah the gunner is easy to kill...

But with other weapons you can't solo it as easily as you make out.

You are equipped with 2 Bazookas. The tank takes about 6-7 (haven't accuratley measured this- could be more or slightly less).

You are equipped with 2 Satchel Charges. It takes about 4-5 to kill it (also not accurately measured).

Same goes for other weapons.

unless there's some strategy i'm seriously missing for how to take em out they are overpowered in my view.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

Maybe if you hit a tank from behind, where the armour is presumably thinner, it does more damage? Also if somebody is killed by the tank they will more than likely take whatever class is good against tanks, fire their bazookas at it and leave it. With 2/3 people doing that it will go down easy.

mgssteelwarol7.png

This is what many of people have been waiting for though, a WW2 with amazing gameplay both single and multi. Now we finally have a game combining the amazing gameplay of CoD4 with the interesting episode of WW2. If you prefer more modern combat stick to 4, if you like the WW2 based stuff get 5. Easy as that.

This is what many of people have been waiting for though, a WW2 with amazing gameplay both single and multi. Now we finally have a game combining the amazing gameplay of CoD4 with the interesting episode of WW2. If you prefer more modern combat stick to 4, if you like the WW2 based stuff get 5. Easy as that.

"Waiting for"? Yeah...what about COD1 and 2? Medal of Honour? The Battefield 1942 series?

Seriously, if you look past the hype of this game you'll see COD4 with a new skin. It's completely riding on the success of COD4 without really adding anything new. Well, they broke a few laws of physics in relation to WWII weaponry, but that's about it.

With so many other good games coming out now (FC2, GoW2, Endwar, Fallout 3, etc) I really don't see myself buying this.

jjroxlu7.jpg

"Waiting for"? Yeah...what about COD1 and 2? Medal of Honour? The Battefield 1942 series?

Seriously, if you look past the hype of this game you'll see COD4 with a new skin. It's completely riding on the success of COD4 without really adding anything new. Well, they broke a few laws of physics in relation to WWII weaponry, but that's about it.

With so many other good games coming out now (FC2, GoW2, Endwar, Fallout 3, etc) I really don't see myself buying this.

I never really considered MoH anything amazing, CoD 1 and 2 were good but really I've always been waiting for an amazing WW2 game like CoD5. Battlefield I thought was absolute [cabbage] :|

Just my opinion, never came across a WW2 game before I really liked.

Normally I would say that anything by Treyarch is automatic crap. And so far, it has been, from their first game to their last. But from watching some clips of WaW, I think that maybe, just maybe, they finally did something right.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Revealed on Gametrailers TV overnight Call of Duty: World at War will feature a "zombie mode" that's unlocked once you complete the game. It's a four-player co-op mode pitting you against endless waves of Nazi undead. Man, that sounds cool just saying it. The mode features its own economy economy in which things like buying weapons as well as making barricades and moving obstacles cost money. Yes, flamethrowers are involved.

You have to go to Gametrailers to watch the whole thing, it's the last mark on the thing's progress bar, if you don't want to watch the whole show.

Producer Dan Bunting called it "total survival horror."

This game just got alot better. ::'

zombie.jpg

Revealed on Gametrailers TV overnight Call of Duty: World at War will feature a "zombie mode" that's unlocked once you complete the game. It's a four-player co-op mode pitting you against endless waves of Nazi undead. Man, that sounds cool just saying it. The mode features its own economy economy in which things like buying weapons as well as making barricades and moving obstacles cost money. Yes, flamethrowers are involved.

You have to go to Gametrailers to watch the whole thing, it's the last mark on the thing's progress bar, if you don't want to watch the whole show.

Producer Dan Bunting called it "total survival horror."

This game just got alot better. ::'

zombie.jpg

This might be the X factor in me buying it.