Why is SSB so great?

Harakiri

For the people who say brawl is easy, that only applies if you are really good, ... and theres only a few of us here that are that good.

Tripping sucks. Agreed. But its not random, each move has a certain % of making somebody trip.

well, i guess im really good then, i mean the console was mean for everyone to feel that way. I mean seriously, i could probably kick this "brawl kings" [wagon] withoug knowing whats going on.

IM+mos+DEF.png

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tripping sucks. Agreed. But its not random, each move has a certain % of making somebody trip.

That's still random, you can't predict when it will happen even if certain moves cause it to happen more or less often.

For the people who say brawl is easy, that only applies if you are really good, ... and theres only a few of us here that are that good.

well, i guess im really good then, i mean the console was mean for everyone to feel that way. I mean seriously, i could probably kick this "brawl kings" [wagon] withoug knowing whats going on.

Who ordered the 360 fanboy?

keen.png

Am I a Nintendo/Sony fanboy for disliking the halo series then? :? Despite the 360 being the only "next gen" console I have?

Am I a Nintendo/Sony fanboy for disliking the halo series then? :? Despite the 360 being the only "next gen" console I have?

No, but if you've seen any of his other posts in threads that have something to do with the wii there always about how the wii is rubbish and the 360 is the best etc, so pretty much fanboy type behaviour.

And halo sucks, just another generic FPS.

keen.png

Well I don't follow his posts so I wouldn't know. Either way I think it's pretty fair to say that random mechanics are a bad idea in a fighting game most of the time. They should reward skill, not luck.

The question here really is: Why is any game so great.

Every game has it's ups and downs. But thing thing about most games is that it is dependent on the person who plays it. Therefore, although some of you think this might be THE BEST game ever and others may think its either crappy or mediocre, in the end it all comes up that it's up to personal preference. So although someone may see fault in a game cause of something, another person will find it a redeeming value.

Edit: I would like to say I find the randomness of Brawl a good part of the game. I prefer the chaos over straightforward "do this move or combo a thousand times while dodging and you win". Randomness is much more entertaining to me.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

The question here really is: Why is any game so great.

Every game has it's ups and downs. But thing thing about most games is that it is dependent on the person who plays it. Therefore, although some of you think this might be THE BEST game ever and others may think its either crappy or mediocre, in the end it all comes up that it's up to personal preference. So although someone may see fault in a game cause of something, another person will find it a redeeming value.

Edit: I would like to say I find the randomness of Brawl a good part of the game. I prefer the chaos over straightforward "do this move or combo a thousand times while dodging and you win". Randomness is much more entertaining to me.

=D> /thread

prospektssigza4.jpg

No, but if you've seen any of his other posts in threads that have something to do with the wii there always about how the wii is rubbish and the 360 is the best etc, so pretty much fanboy type behaviour.

And halo sucks, just another generic FPS.

well, if you look at that post very closely, you might be able to figure out that i didn't mention the 360 once. You looked at my sig and assummed. Im trying to say what the developer of nintendo shiyeru something said. The wii was meant as a causual console with something new (the remote) in which everyone could play. The PS3 and the 360 on the other hand have more pratcitcal controllers (would you rather wave your arms to meele, or click in on a joystick). And i obviously like the 360 better than the wii (thats why i got it.)

IM+mos+DEF.png

• 2 weeks later...
SSBB is great fun. When I first got it I played it like 5 hours a day, and started using Wi-Fi. The author of that article wouldn't know a good game if he got beaten and raped by one.

Edit: Does anyone but me think that R.O.B. looks like Wall-E?

How many times must I say that they were exaggerating when they wrote this? all they did was pick some popular games andpoke fun at their weak points. It isn't their real assessment of the game.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

What I love about SS games are that they are so simple, so intuitive, that you don't have to think about what you're pressing. You can turn off cheap items and strip everything down to a video game's purest form: pure skill, which to me, is pure fun. You're really pitting the wit, reflexes, and timing of one person against another, and most other video games can't match that intensity.

On the surface it looks like a simple arcadey fighter but the SSB fraternity will tell you its an incredibly deep fighter which is hard to master.Ive seen the high level play and its extremely high mainly because its like jumping off the edge only to latch onto it at the last available millisecond and hopefully send the enemy whos chasing after you just way off while your there hanging.

Still i dont get it along with many other fighting games, the last fighting game i played quite a bit of was Samurai Showdown

tifsdac6mc.gif

I know SSB is so great because you can do this!:

mariofinale2-1.jpg?t=1215985285

:ohnoes:

Or this....:

[hide=]b8d21ae97d22b35e_IMAGE.jpg

:thumbsup:[/hide]

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

SSB series are probably the most infinitely in-depth game in the wh ole fighting game genre. So much options, so much choices, so much characters, makes the variety huge.

Good game series or not it's definitely not the most in-depth fighting game. The biggest thing to remember that options != depth.

That being said it's already been confirmed that its not even a real review, just Game Informer inciting the fanboys (which seems to have worked).

This whole "Let's write negative reviews about highly popular games for the sole purpose of annoying fanboys" is really quite ridiculous. I mean it was funny when Yahtzee did it because he actually had a consistent negative opinion and he didn't do it just to annoy the fanboys (though I'm pretty sure it was one of his intentions).

That last picture was unneeded...

Oh come on, since when is having a sense of humor "unneeded"? :lol:

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Nothing wrong with a sense of humor, but there have been so many pictures with Snake and Zero Suit Samus. I won't get into details.... :?

prospektssigza4.jpg

Nothing wrong with a sense of humor, but there have been so many pictures with Snake and Zero Suit Samus. I won't get into details.... :?

That was the first one I saw. Probably why I found it so funny :lol: And the whole codec thing.

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

That was the first one I saw. Probably why I found it so funny :lol: And the whole codec thing.

Congrats to you, Solidus. You deserve more:

snakepervingpeach-1.jpg?t=1215996733

Your brother, Solid Snake, turns out to be a real pervert. ;)

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

Congrats to you, Solidus. You deserve more:

snakepervingpeach-1.jpg?t=1215996733

Your brother, Solid Snake, turns out to be a real pervert. ;)

Oh this is hilarious :lol: I didn't realize there was such a trend with Solid Snake.

BlueSig6.jpg