RuneScape happiness&decline of people?

OldJoe

Hey.

Basically, are people getting bored of RS or is it just me?

The people i have on my friends list, since about February-march, I've seen them online much much less.

And I've encountered many people, both high and low leveled people, who have said that it's boring I've moved to another game... etc etc.

And the people i know (friends list) and those I've met randomly, are not people who started just last year or so (i.e. Trying the game), but the majority starting 2004-2005.

I don't know how much PC played a part in this, but i have a guess:

Since many rapidly moved quickly to 126 (pre summoning) during the prime-era of PCing, and got maxed out in the fighting levels+earing cash during each game. They had enough money to spend (and to make, getting rewards from high-lvl monster fighting) on costly skills, such as Crafting/Herblore/Construction, and get those skills up high in a quick time. Thus making it no challenge.

And of course, the restrictions implemented 6-7 months ago, has also played a big part.

I don't know how many bots were active before restrictions, but i only find the amount of people playing to be 90 140 000. There used to be 200k+, surely there weren't 70k bots online? Or maybe I'm wrong...

Those i see online, they are always grinding and doing other (to me) boring stuff. And it seems, not many are actually enjoying this game. I always like to noob around (following people randomly, sleeping with lunar spells... etc).

I myself, have been online the last two weeks for maybe a total amount of 4h. I dunno, seems like I've hit a wall. And when i do go online, i tend to spend the time at CW. I'm too bored of skilling... grinding... blah blah blah.

So tell me, is it just me? Or have you also noticed this?

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Everything gets old after awhile. But I have seen a decrease in the number or people on certain worlds. Like it's easier to get to W2, 18, etc. And now that you mention it, I'm getting kind of bored myself, which is why I spend less and less time on it each day.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Personally I go through ups and downs of the urge to play. When I do play, a lot of the times I have no clue what I wanna do, and lots of times it just ends up in grinding for one level in a random skill, then logging off because I have nothing else to do.

I think pking played a huge role in the decline. Not because those 70k+ players you mentioned were all pkers, but pking as we all know affects many aspects of the game, from herblore to fishing.

My levels are not even that high and I am getting bored of skill grinding, all I do is fish, but nothing else sounds appealing to me. Maybe it is just my mentality, but I am not a big fan of the amount of grinding. But I do love advancing levels :D

Journey to Swan Song

dashund105.png

dashund105.png

dashund105.png

I'm one of the people that have started playing less now, but I have a good reason. With school putting more pressure on us now, I have less time to play. Also, my birthday was on Monday, and I got a new computer. It's far more powerful than my old one, so I've been using it to play a game that I've had for ages (Dungeon Siege 2 ftw!), but haven't been able to play because of my old computer being slower than an injured snail. Also, I haven't been playing much this month because I've been waiting for the huge graphical update coming next month.

Current account: Dragonguy 87

Goals: Get members

Get all skills 40+

Hehe, this is like Jagex telling half of Runescape players that they're [developmentally delayed]. Sort of. That's how I interpreted it. :P

Runescape is why I support abortion.

I've definitely had my ups and downs while playing.

What normally gets me down is when I start thinking how much time I've spent playing over the years and when I quit how little it will all mean -.-

But hey, runescape will always be my favorite game :thumbsup:

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

I have been playing much differently since the Novemebr 07 updates. Slaying never entered the equation as a rune pure, but since the decline/eradication of pking - keeping low defense is now out the window has has opened up various other avenues of gameplay.

I don't play as often, but enjoy the game nevertheless.

I'm one of the people that have started playing less now, but I have a good reason. With school putting more pressure on us now, I have less time to play. Also, my birthday was on Monday, and I got a new computer. It's far more powerful than my old one, so I've been using it to play a game that I've had for ages (Dungeon Siege 2 ftw!), but haven't been able to play because of my old computer being slower than an injured snail. Also, I haven't been playing much this month because I've been waiting for the huge graphical update coming next month.

Ah yes, the new graphics! I think i've also been waiting for the new graphics, it's going to be interesting. I will see if it kicks me up a notch on my RS interest.

Of course, playing RS, you don't do it for the graphics. (played Assassins Creed the last days, damn it's nice) But i think i've grown more and more into wanting nicer graphics, and perhaps the new RS graphics will spark more interest.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I agree, the game has become less challenging. Atleast to me it has, when it comes to my field...

Which is bosses.

But i hope the new grapichs will make runescape more fun.

One thing that i really love now, is CLUES.

I quit about a year ago, and was on and off for about a year before that. I used to log on, realise I couldn't be bothered to do anything, then log straight off.

RuneScape gets boring when you've done everything, and of course no-one likes grinding up levels.

I'll have a look at the new graphics, but I won't start playing again.

spacescenev24.jpg

Well as I was pretty much a skiller and also were my friends we had the combat window to do so I'm not that bored with the slayer update and the future GWD Tank status I'm working on but mainly I'd say Castle Wars keeps me playing since it's very fun and challenging to do with friends. But yes pures who couldn't drop trade* anymore quit macros left and not to mention pkers quit.

[hide=*]I'm not saying all pures drop traded but there was those who did and they lost millions since they couldn't fuel thier staker and/or main anymore.[/hide]

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I havn't been going on very much lately for couple of different reasons (New computer that allows me to try out some other games for a bit, slight oblivion addiction, procrastinating training smithing for quest cape, etc.) but it wont last long, sometimes we all just need a bit of a break now and again, aru

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

To be honest, I think my golden age is right now. Basically I gave up television so my only entertainment when I'm at home is the computer. Although I have a few games for my computer, I'm really not a big fan of single player games anymore. I need to interact with other people and take on challenges involving friends. Sure I have battlefield and counter-strike, but anyone can play those, some more efficient than others. It's games with hi-scores and level requirements that attract me.

Also as far as decline of people, it's understandable. Everyone loves seeing the level up screen. Regardless of the game you're playing, leveling up is amazing. When you get to levels 90, even 80, it takes a lot more time and commitment to see another level up screen. I know I have trouble just getting my attack to 80 and up, because I see the amount of exp required and I think, hey I'm only 10k from fishing or 20k from woodcutting. Those are significantly less than 150+k for level 80. Of course when all those skills look like that then you just say forget it and stop leveling.

Quality posting at its finest.

I feel just like you and I know exactly what you're talking about. And its even more boring to play since jagex changed rs its just not the same.. I just wish they could change it back you know..I tried to come back this week but I cant because of how boring it is. I will come back after fullscreens out and see if I like it.

Everything grows boring, if you do it a lot. It's pretty much a fact. You can't do something over and over again, and not get bored of it. Unless it draws you back for more. RuneScape is a type of game where either you like it, or you don't. I think many people quit after the RWT Updates, so that might answer your 170k+ people online problems. :)

Achieved 99 Woodcutting on 12/06/08

When you spend too much time on something, it gets old really fast. I myself am on a break right now and hopefully the new graphics will make me want to play again. I usually just go online to bug people but I don't play much anymore. *points to sig* I took a break when I'm one level away from my heart cape, that's how bored I got.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

The only way I'd be coming back is if they carried on some major quest story lines with a nice hard quest. I know about myreque but from what I hear its a tad disappointing. I'm looking for mournings end, dwarf series, fairy tale series or mahjarrat stuff. That's what interests me.

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

Everyone experiences this. There are lots of things you can do help get yourself interested in the game again. The main thing is you can try doing things you rarely or havent done yet. Or just take a break from runescape. If your bored, then there's no sense in playing it.

Hows this for getting bored: My goal was to get the quest cape, and using Tip.it quest calc I could see what stats i needed to get. So there was me grinding at wc (72 for back to my roots) and farming and rcing etc. I would get the reqs for a quest then do that quest. Then one day I looked at the quest calc and everything was green! I was ready, all i had to do to get quest cape was do me2! But i got bored, never did it. Didnt want to complete my goal because that would leave me with nothing else to do in rs, couldnt face grinding for the sake of levels, so i stopped logging on so often. But now there is Rocking out - I need 3 smithing lvls, 3 crafting lvls and a thieving lvl! So im back, chasing goals!!! But this time I will complete, because I already know what my next goal is - achievement diaries!!

i just level the skills I like, stops boredom setting in :thumbsup:

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...