America = the strongest country?

Lordtunkuta

Also, here's another thing that worries me. The world could only benefit from no more Russia. But then there's China. China is a major supplier to the U.S., and many world superpowers (UK, France, etc...)

The world would be safer without China, but the global economy would be even more of a joke than it is now.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, here's another thing that worries me. The world could only benefit from no more Russia. But then there's China. China is a major supplier to the U.S., and many world superpowers (UK, France, etc...)

The world would be safer without China, but the global economy would be even more of a joke than it is now.

Why would the world be safer without China?

I don't want war because it will inspire a Tom Cruise movie. I want to eliminate every possible threat to the U.S. If they hit first, we won't have any allies in this. In the end, a country has to think about itself. Tbh, we should have gone to China and Russia insteadof Iraq. Well, sort of. Iraq was first to find WMD's. None. Then to take Saddam. Done. Now why are we still there? Obviously what we've been doing for the past 7 years isn't working, it's time for a change in tactics.

We've only been in Iraq for five years.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

A strong country has proud citizens, and I'm going to say Ireland wins that.

Sorry to be OT, but... really? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not Irish, but the whole Catholics/Protestans/civil war thing? I'm not sure.

And America is alot richer than China (I think) at least more Chinese people live in poverty than Americans, but China supplies the world with so much. Food, clothes, toys, electronics as well I think, it's got alot to offer and therefore in a pretty strong position.

Obviously what we've been doing for the past 7 years isn't working, it's time for a change in tactics.

We have had a change in tactics and it is working.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

You troops are still turning over cities looking for people and destroying houses just to find a guy. You are no longer protecting us, as we have already gotten rid of the weapons and Saddam. I don't see the threat of another attack on the U.S. due to the great security we have now. And don't be convinced that you're liberating the middle east. That's just what the gov wants you to think. Don't be convinced that everything that they know we know.

If you're worried about Iraqi citizens attacking you, then instead get rid of the easy weapons instead of looking for a dangerous mugger that's been escaping all over Iraq. Plus, it's not even our problem if the citizens are attacking each other. Don't think it's our duty to god to help these people, because apparently we're not if they're still dying and killing.

We're obviously not doing this as our duty to god. So what's the reason we're in Iraq. We'll never know thanks to our wonderful government keeping everything a secret.

When innocent people get in the way it's a terrible war. And don't think we need war. The president obviously does though. Good thing we're getting a new one.

As I said, war is terrible. Don't let your parents convince you to be "pro-war" and "we need war". Mine tried to but I learned the truth.

So no, America's not the strongest country. I don't view Iraq as a war, I view it as in overblown operation.

We're not worried about Iraqi citizens. Most Americans think it's as pointless as you do. In my opinion, Iraq is the next Vietnam. A long, costly fight for nothing.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

We're not worried about Iraqi citizens. Most Americans think it's as pointless as you do. In my opinion, Iraq is the next Vietnam. A long, costly fight for nothing.

Oil is something. Something valuable at that. Not to mention it gives the US an hq right there in the MidEast.

We can't leave Iraq because we started the whole civil war there. :wall:

If we leave other countries will see us as [wagon] :roll: which will lead to loss of support and credibility and finally an even bigger war because others will see us as the country who invades for no reason but to eliminate the man in charge who dosen't agree with our policies. We will be known as the country that either gets its way or fights for it in a tantrum.

We tried it on Castro and look at what we had for over 30 years #-o Now instead of one leader mad at us we will have nations =D>

Oil is something. Something valuable at that. Not to mention it gives the US an hq right there in the MidEast.

Yeah, like we need expensive, foreign oil that can immediately be cut off if we invade Iran.

Yeah, like we need expensive, foreign oil that can immediately be cut off if we invade Iran.

You do understand major oil companies have recently signed contracts for Iraq to sell then oil. And we also have those spies in Iran ::' Seems pretty thought out if they want their oil.

I think it's funny that a few people here are taking some of the screw ups of the military and, while their actions were/are unacceptable, using them as the front for the entire military and throwing in every hard-working, life-risking U.S. soldier with this group. Agunimon979, I hardly doubt you know the "truth" and what the government is really doing over there. Be against the war, I don't care, but what you're saying is pretty crazy.

I didn't say I know why the government is over there for, I'm just saying it's most likely not liberating a country because there are many countries that are twice as bad that we have left alone. And I know we're not doing our duty to god as United States of America is turning its head away from Christianity.

Whoever said that we are doing god's work was probably being symbolic, there's no real need to take that literally unless the guy's a nutjob. And helping a war-torn country on their feet to give them choices in their government is not a good thing?

I didn't say I know why the government is over there for, I'm just saying it's most likely not liberating a country because there are many countries that are twice as bad that we have left alone. And I know we're not doing our duty to god as United States of America is turning its head away from Christianity.

You said you saw the truth. Pretty sure tat means you think you know everything about what's going on.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

A strong country has proud citizens, and I'm going to say Ireland wins that.

Sorry to be OT, but... really? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not Irish, but the whole Catholics/Protestans/civil war thing? I'm not sure.

It wasn't really a civil for per se. Basically when Ireland received independance in 1922 the agreement was Britain kept 6 counties in the north for their settlers, forming the country "Northern Ireland". When Northern Ireland formed Catholics were treated as second rate citizens, denied the right to vote or own property. This went on till about the 70's when the PIRA formed (Provisional Irish Republican Army). Then the whole way up to about the 90's there was [bleep]-for-tat killings by Catholic and Protestant paramilitaries. So not really a civil war, just a couple of different terrorist organisations killing each other / civilians.

And the Irish aren't that proud, I'm proud to be Irish but I'm not proud of the way my country is right now. Is that a contradiction? :lol:

And what would that be?

That would be the surge.

If you hate the troops then just don't worry about it. They are over there and they will take care of it.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

I don't hate the troops, I just hate this whole war.

That's really the best way of thinking about it, I don't hate the troops, I respect them for going over them, putting their lives on the line for a stupid wars so hopefully Iraq can get some form of democracy going. I hate bush and his oil swilling buddies for sending them over there and still keeping them there. Watch the death toll roll on in Mr. Bush so you can have your precious oil :roll:

What pisses me off though is American / British soldiers abusing innocent civilians for fun or indiscriminately killing Iraqi civilians.

Well, in my Clan's cc, we had a big discussion about this: Whether or not the U.S.A is the most powerful country in the world. What do you think?

.....AMERICA F*** YEAH!!!! :thumbsup:

LOL that movie perfectly described American's ignorance.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg