America = the strongest country?

Lordtunkuta

The troops suck...our so-called troops destroyed the whole city looking for a few insurgents...any yokel can join the military these days. They're not protecting us anymore.

I don't know. That would make me think you hate the troops

I hate bush and his oil swilling buddies for sending them over there and still keeping them there. Watch the death toll roll on in Mr. Bush so you can have your precious oil

Thats just a sensationalist argument. I hear the same thing every day.

I mean really guys I could put you in touch with a nutjob freak from code pink. You'd fit right in. I'm sure they are still in Berkley and at the veterans hospital. You could join them in disrespecting and dishonoring our troops all while wasting taxpayer money.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The U.S. may be stronger when it comes to the size of their military and their influence in organisations like the UN, but China could give them a run for their money on both of those fields, and a couple of the European countries definitely have better military technology.

We won the most wars, so yes?(correct me if I'm wrong)

Vietnam, Iraq, any of those names ring a bell?

The troops suck...our so-called troops destroyed the whole city looking for a few insurgents...any yokel can join the military these days. They're not protecting us anymore.

I do hate the troops. Now they're just staying in motels taking a year to look for a Haba Baba-baba-baba guy.They're risk to put their life on the line isn't for our country because Iraq isn't a threat anymore. There's more countries that are in a bigger problem than Iraq. What about Darfur? There was or is beatings going on everyday, but we're not liberating them.

Of course I like the troops in the Gulf war because we were actually looking for Saddam. And all the wars before that that had a point, except vietnam, I don't think that was our business.

But guess what, we found Saddam, and it's time to pull out and let the Iraqis fight back, WHICH THEY ARE DOING. I'm sure there's enough people with guns to murder a few insurgents. I know from stories of soldiers that came back that some soldiers broke into houses and salvaged money and food and items. I also know of arresting innocent people at checkpoints for no apparent reason. Please do not ask me for a source beside oral, and I hate when people ask for sources.

It's not the troops fault, it's their orders to do that. They don't go out with free will to destroy what they want. Respect the troops, they're fighting and dieing for stupid reasons. It's people like the commanders faults for giving the order to destroy whole cities in search for a small minority.

It's not the troops fault, it's their orders to do that. They don't go out with free will to destroy what they want. Respect the troops, they're fighting and dieing for stupid reasons. It's people like the commanders faults for giving the order to destroy whole cities in search for a small minority.

Yeah.... I think we should go on strike like we did Vietnam. I've read articles on newsforstudents.com or something like that that the army hides information from joining recruits. It's also true that the army will do anything to manipulate you, such as putting something in really small text or in an unimportant area so you don't notice it.

If you want to die for your country, be a cop.

If you want to die for our so called wonderous government, join the troops.

I do hate the troops. Now they're just staying in motels taking a year to look for a Haba Baba-baba-baba guy.They're risk to put their life on the line isn't for our country because Iraq isn't a threat anymore. There's more countries that are in a bigger problem than Iraq. What about Darfur? There was or is beatings going on everyday, but we're not liberating them.

How the hell is Darfur (Sudan), a 3rd world country a threat to the US?

I just think you don't have the balls to sign up personally. Even during a so called legit war. You'd just rather live in the country and have everything handed to you without helping to have it.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

A strong country has proud citizens, and I'm going to say Ireland wins that.

Sorry to be OT, but... really? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not Irish, but the whole Catholics/Protestans/civil war thing? I'm not sure.

It wasn't really a civil for per se. Basically when Ireland received independance in 1922 the agreement was Britain kept 6 counties in the north for their settlers, forming the country "Northern Ireland". When Northern Ireland formed Catholics were treated as second rate citizens, denied the right to vote or own property. This went on till about the 70's when the PIRA formed (Provisional Irish Republican Army). Then the whole way up to about the 90's there was [bleep]-for-tat killings by Catholic and Protestant paramilitaries. So not really a civil war, just a couple of different terrorist organisations killing each other / civilians.

And the Irish aren't that proud, I'm proud to be Irish but I'm not proud of the way my country is right now. Is that a contradiction? :lol:

Ah, ok, Thanks :)

If the U.S. would attack China, Russia would probably aid China and then it is all over for the U.S.

I think China is more powerful than Russia.

Of course I like the troops in the Gulf war because we were actually looking for Saddam. And all the wars before that that had a point, except vietnam, I don't think that was our business.

But guess what, we found Saddam, and it's time to pull out and let the Iraqis fight back, WHICH THEY ARE DOING. I'm sure there's enough people with guns to murder a few insurgents. I know from stories of soldiers that came back that some soldiers broke into houses and salvaged money and food and items. I also know of arresting innocent people at checkpoints for no apparent reason. Please do not ask me for a source beside oral, and I hate when people ask for sources.

You know what? We do need sources. Of every 1000 of our guys, maybe 10 will do something like that, and those people are punished.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Err, the Gulf War was because Kuwait needed help, badly. And nobody can say that was an oil war, we left near straightaway. Saddam had next to nothing to do with it then.

And liberating Iraq wasn't even our first priority. It was to get the insurgents, of which there are tons. We caught Saddam for his crimes against humanity, and Iraqis were actually able to try him without the courthouse being blown apart, or the jurors' families being shot while they slept.

It's not enough to leave the Iraqis to fend for themselves. Now they're still on the brink of, if not fighting (again) a civil war between Sunnis and Shi'ites. And they just don't have the manpower to maintain control over all the blockades, patrols, none of that.

Are the soldiers you say you've talked to as brainwashed as you appear to be? You hate people fighting for another group of people, and why? Citizens may be hurt, that's horrible, but that's the whole point of a war like this. The insurgents are everywhere, and anyone can be one. What if that man over there strapped a bomb to his wife? What if that one gave a grenade to his son there? Soldiers have to think like that every day. If they don't, they'll die, along with a lot of innocent people. I know this from soldiers that came back, and are now going back or already have. They hate having to prepare to shoot any person that comes at them too fast, and I can understand why.

Why aren't we liberating Darfur? That would be even worse than Iraq. Plus, once a few people die, it'd give you something else to complain about.

EDIT: Hold on, you think troops stay in motels while they look for some of the most dangerous men in the Middle East, if not the world? Hell, even if they did, Baghdad only has a few hours of power a day, much of the water is dirty, their sewer system is far out of date...To be honest, it's a hell-hole. I've seen pictures and video; my friend recorded a patrol they went on.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Ok, one I'm not old enough to sign up.

And two, why would I die if it's not for my country?

So you are underage and complaining about the government you cannot vote for. NICE!

You seem like someone who is a humanitarian....why not die for a just cause? Our allies are just as important as us, why not die for them? Why not die for the citizens we try to protect in other countries? I read a story just yesterday about a Marine winning a Silver Star for running back under fire to pull a couple Iraqi civilians to safety.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

I heard somewhere that people wanted to bring the voting age down again. Sadly it didn't go far because politicians are afraid the parents will choose for the kids :lol: :wall:.

Anyways we should help the poor nations, they have worse tyrants. So what if they aren't a threat? Why are we spending trillions to help Iraq, what makes it more important than say Afghanistan? Bigger problems there.#-o

Even today the news said we lost more people fighting in Afghanistan in these last two months than in the whole Iraq war.

Jesus Christ when will you realise it's not the troops who want to be there. The troops aren't shouting at Bush "keep us here, keep us here1@!@" The troops are powerless on whether if they serve in Iraq, It's not there decision to go into Darfur and save the civilians, it's people like Bush and the head commanders. The common foot soldier has no say on what country they go into it, they're ordered in and they must follow commands or face court.

I agree with you completely on Iraq no longer being a threat and the soldiers should no longer be there, but it's no the troops fault. They have no say on when they'll be pulled out of Iraq. Yes there is so many better things the American army could be doing right now, but again the troops have no say in it.

The army has huge amounts of people in it, obviously something was going to happen where a soldier abused their power I.E robbing from civilians houses or arresting innocent civilians, there is also amazing stories of American troops protecting innocent Iraqi civilians from Insurgents. If you're going to develop a opinion on the army research both sides before coming up with your opinion. I'm not pro-war but I've realised the troops are just doing their job.

One thing I don't like about the troops is how long they took to find Saddam. I mean, it's a desert! Where could you possibly hide for so long? Doesn't a big hole in the ground guarded by barrels look suspicious to you?

Sorry for voicing my opinion, internet is srs business

One thing I don't like about the troops is how long they took to find Saddam. I mean, it's a desert! Where could you possibly hide for so long? Doesn't a big hole in the ground guarded by barrels look suspicious to you?

Yup, sorry for being a jackass about my opinion, I'm a [bleep] on the good ol' internet ::'

Shows how educated you are on the subject. It wasn't that obvious, he was in a drainpipe, and even then it didn't take THAT long.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Do you even know what Iraq is like? Congratulations for making yourself look reeeeeally ignorant.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Oh if it were that easy.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

Well you better learn that no war has a point if your going to join code pink. Because according to them Al Qeada isn't a threat and going to war with Japan after Pearl Harbor wasn't justified.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

Do you even know what Iraq is like? Congratulations for making yourself look reeeeeally ignorant.

Thank you, you explained it better than my post. Your prize is 30 internetz!

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

^^No, no I think that guys right. Saddam WAS hiding in a fort made out of oil barrels. Its just not there anymore because George Bush stole it to get rich. :roll:

Just for those who think that China would win a war against the USA, let me throw a few statements out there.

* In our age where a war of this magnitude would be fought, troop size would mean little to nothing. What does matter is technology.

* The U.S. is way ahead of any Chinese missile or air force technology.

* And...to top it off....

Military Budgets from this past year

U.S.~ Close to 600billion

China~ 80billion

U.S. win \'

Dagannoth Slayer

signaturegm1.png