Justified Number of Refills

Diesel

Today I went to a local sub sandwich joint and got my favorite sandwich: A philly steak sandwich. =P~ I ordered a drink with the sandwich and proceeded to eat.

I filled one time before eating. Once again about half-way through. And another time after finishing the sandwich. I sat there for about 10 more minutes watching ESPN before refilling again and heading out. That last time, while I was refilling, the guy working there shot me a pretty evil look. Was he just being a jerk or did he feel that I was overusing the soda machine? :?

Which brings me to my question: How many times do you feel that it's justified to refill your drink when there are free refills?

Personally, I think however many times you want. It's the store's own fault for letting people fill their own drink.

Discuss.

Or do I just overthink everything, lol?

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're justified as many refills as you need but only while you're eating.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

I agree, why would he care? He doesn't own the store, it isn't his soda, it isn't his machine. There couldn't be anything possibly to be angry about.

He probably disliked the way you took advantage of refills. But, they allow "free refills" and they don't say how many. Drink all you want!

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

If the resturant puts its soda machines outside of the work area, then its their fault for putting it there. It screams "FREE REFILLS!!!" \'

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I will refill my drink as many times as I damn well please. They shouldn't advertise free refills if they only want you to get 1 refill. Then they should take away the s in refills.

Same thing that goes for all you can eat buffets kicking out people for getting 10+ plates. Yeah, that's a [cabbage]load of food, but they said all you can eat, and the people ate what they could. I'm relatively sure one of the waiters spit in my drink after I got a fourth refill at a buffet once too.

I never really got why they gave you dirty looks for it...Maybe next time I go to McDonalds I'll buy a drink and just sit there for an hour or two and keep grabbing refills until the cup breaks, and see what they say.

I think its also illegal for them to kick you out for taking refills or getting a lot of food at a buffet, so if they do say something, sue their [wagon].

[hide=Funny Quotes]

So you sucker punched a kid in the back of the head? Good job.
What scares me is that you're like 10 years old.
-.- im not that freaking young
You were a couple years ago.
It's not racist if its true.
Hmm... I wonder how one goes about throwing someone out a window in a mystic fashion :-k

The mental image for that is freaking awesome.

[/hide]

- I dont need to "get a life." I'm a gamer - I have LOTS of lives!

Unless there's some disclaimer in tiny print somewhere, I'd say as much as you want. It is free...

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I say this at the risk of being flamed

You should go back there all the time just to piss him off. If someone is a jerk to you for no reason, it's fun to piss them off.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

You should go back there all the time just to piss him off. If someone is a jerk to you for no reason, it's fun to piss them off.

nah, take a 10 gallon igloo jug, buy a small drink from the place, fill it up AND the jug :lol: . if it is out of sprite, then fill with sierra mist

pepsi/coke.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

2nd troll to 840+ post count.

If it says free refills, I will take as many as I like. If it is self-serve for drinks, I will assume that it is free refills, unless it is outright stated. If it is called an "all you can eat buffet" I will eat all I can. If i get kicked out for doing so, and they say that is the reason, I will complain. If I particularly feel like being a [bleep], I will sue them, on the grounds of false advertising. They say I can eat all I can, yet I get kicked out for doing so. Restaurants need to realize that if someone is told they can take advantage of an offer, they will, pending morals/ethics.

nah, take a 10 gallon igloo jug, buy a small drink from the place, fill it up AND the jug :lol: . if it is out of sprite, then fill with sierra mist

pepsi/coke.

The only way to aoid legally being thrown out would be to use the cup to fill up the jug. I.e., fill up the cup, empty it into the jug, repeat. Or you could just keep your cup and use it the next time.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

pepsi/coke.

That turned me from :| to HumourLaughingKitten.jpg

I must try this one day lol.

And I would either get the largest size and fill it from there, or cut a hole in the cup and let it stream from the cup to the jug.

[hide=Funny Quotes]

Hmm... I wonder how one goes about throwing someone out a window in a mystic fashion :-k

[/hide]

:wall: I think it should be maxed at two.

What's that sin called...oh ya, gluttony!

Then the sign read "Free Refills" it would read "You may fill your cup up twice, then you must buy another"....

And what if you are an athiest...You can't sin if you don't believe in a god, and therefore sins, can you?

I believe that if there is a cap on how much you can have, it must be explicitly stated in large print, and not be held in the minds of workers/managers. I can not read minds, but I can read signs in english, and thats how they should express their limits, big, bold text written in the english language (at least here in America, where english is the suppossed main language).

[hide=Funny Quotes]

[/hide]

Surely false advertising is a sin?

To be honest, if I saw someone give me a mean look like that I would take one more refill, on the house. 8-)

where i work i usually get like 10 refills in a day even though we (the staff) are suppose to pay like a buck per. but im not the only one, its shorta like a group thing all the way the way up to manger that no one says anything. else where if it doesn't have a sign about refills i just get a refill

legends2.jpg

im going to have to agree about get however many refills as you want cause then you could just get a small drink, refill, refill, refill, refill

and it wont cost as much as a large \'

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

:wall: I think it should be maxed at two.

Then the sign read "Free Refills" it would read "You may fill your cup up twice, then you must buy another"....

And what if you are an athiest...You can't sin if you don't believe in a god, and therefore sins, can you?

Ugh.

I AM Atheist, and I said that. The 7 deadly sins still apply to life, whether you are religious or not.

What I was trying to say basically: No freaking wonder we have so many fat people in North America.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

What I was trying to say basically: No freaking wonder we have so many fat people in North America.

No need to stereotype, Lion.

Honestly, the average person should only be able to get two refills before they can't drink anymore, so I can't see how itd get abused unless someone did bring in a keg and filled it Sprite.

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

Uhh... no offense but how big was that cup of yours? That's a lot of freaking soda, I hope you exercise a lot lol I thought the idea of subway was to eat healthy but yeah.. *shrugs*

I'm pretty sure corporation wide 1 refill per large drink is standard but if they don't have a little FREE DRINK* or sign stating so, it's their own problem. Usually they do did you read the sign properly? It's designed by Doctors Inc so that smaller and medium drinks go with the smaller and healthier options in meal deals and therefore can't be refilled because it defeats that purpose.

In my suburb, refills aren't even free.

You're entitled to drink the amount you wish but personally I think the amount of times you refilled is disgusting lol

You probably just drank the equivalent of an hours worth of wage for one person there money wise. You just drank a fair bit over your calorie limit for the whole day. A standard glass of coke takes 3 hours to work off... have fun with all that sugar man

Just wow dude - I'd give you an evil glare too lol

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Uhh... no offense but how big was that cup of yours? That's a lot of freaking soda, I hope you exercise a lot lol I thought the idea of subway was to eat healthy but yeah.. *shrugs*

I'm pretty sure corporation wide 1 refill per large drink is standard but if they don't have a little FREE DRINK* or sign stating so, it's their own problem.

You're entitled to drink the amount you wish but personally I think the amount of times you refilled is disgusting lol

You probably just drank the equivalent of an hours worth of wage for one person there money wise.

Just wow dude - I'd give you an evil glare too lol

It was pink lemonade, lol. No way I'd drink that much coke/pepsi/mouontain dew/whatever.

I also don't drink at all during work (although I probably should) so most days I'm extremely thirsty when I get off.

And btw, the cup wasn't that big.

I didn't want it to sound like I free load drinks all the time. I really don't drink that much. :lol:

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

I take about 2 or 3 depending if I want to leave with some for the road. After a hard day(and hot) you can drink more so why not? If its not behind the counter go ahead. If they have a problem let them put it in back.

Sadly I don't drink that much coke or pepsi from the places near me. I found out they use a powder and add water, but most places add more water than necessary(its also tap water) #-o. Its horrible stuff except for the lemon lime ones :thumbsup:

Whatever helps you to sleep at night ;)

Legally here, work places are to provide water as a necessity and you are also entitled to bring one water bottle with you. Pink lemonade definitely isn't going to rehydrate you so that doesn't cut it for me sorry lol especially when subway sells bottled water :lol:

Good luck with that weight gain :P

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.