So it's summer (In NA atleast)

aquariusman

I'm surprised no one made this already.

Well, it's summer here in Canada, and I think in the US too. In a month, or already, it's going to be summer vacation time. What is everyone doing/planning to do? What have you done? Anything special about this summer? How has your summer been?

If you're Aussie, what did you do last summer/winter break?

Basically, just general summer holiday stories.

My summer so far has been great. I've chilled with friends, gone up to a friend's cottage, gone up to my cottage, played a rugby game, gone to rugby practice, worked, and then a bunch of random stuff. Also, I've decided to ask out a girl I've been considering to ask out (Unfortunately, I don't have her phone number, she is rarely on Msn during the summer, and I don't live near her, and I'm not going to ask friends for her phone number because I don't want my friends to get curious, and I just don't like the phone). I plan on going to a few movies, renting a few movies, renting a few games, going up to my cottage a couple more times, playing a few more rugby games, hanging out with friends a lot more than last summer, trying as hard as possible not to resort to Runescape for releiving boredom, and just staying busy the rest of the summer. The only problem for the immediate future is that I am working for my dad's friend (Friend is a general contractor) and I don't want to quit until th job I'm currently doing is over. The pay is pretty good ($10/hour) and I'm working for 9 hours a day. The only problem is that because we're near the end of the job, I end up doing clean up, which is annoying work. Also, by the time I get home (I work from 8 am to 5 pm) most of my friends have found something to do/I'm too lazy to organize anything. The reason I don't want to quit is because I work for this guy at the start of each summer so I can get enough money ($200-300) to last me until Christmas/my birthday. On top of that, me and a few friends are probably going to be getting a season pass each for skiing/snowboarding, which is $375/$445, depending on when we get it. This means that I need about $400 left over from the summer to buy one, unless me and my other friend can't get people to carpool. If I can't afford one I can always just try and get a volunteering placement at the resort, pending they do offer that. On that note, I should get my mandatory (for high school diploma) 40 hours of volunteer hours done soon.

Looks like I have a potentially busy summer ahead of me. This might just be awesome.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Sweet, sounds like a busy summer. ::' ^

I live in Canada too, and I got off like 2 weeks ago. I'm doing a civics and careers course so I can get a spare next year which I'm going to use for Grade 11 Biology. :thumbsup: (I'm in grade 10) It is basically cramming a 6 month long course into 3 and a half weeks. After that, I'm going on a cruise to Alaska and hopefully getting some volunteer hours done.

Alex_Lei1993.png

I've been out of school since June 1st.

Awwww, you got out a few weeks earlier than me. But when do your holidays end?

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

My summer has been really boring, nothing to do -.-

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

summer school, summer basketball camp, some small trips to indiana and Kentucky (I live in Illinois).

You should have seen what my class did at the end of school. if you've seen high school musical 2, you know what I mean. in the last minute of school we started chanting "summer...summer...summer" getting louder and louder. But alas, our clock was a minute behind and we screwed up. :(

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

That was gay.If you did the dance I'm going to take a flight to wherever your school is.I'll buy guns and when school opens I'll go Virginia Tech on yo' rump.

On my last day of school last year I Rick-Roll'd the class,including the teachers via Bluetooth.I changed the title to the song that they wanted and sent it to them.

This year I'm planning on using Chocolate Rain...

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Finished some pretty serious exams about 2 weeks ago, since then I've just been on my summer holidays. Exams were hard and long but nice to get them out of the way.

Summer is pretty weird for me, it's just relaxing and getting drunk / high. Relax during the day and try to find a party in the evening. I've had a couple of run ins with the law as well which wasn't fun. I'm going camping at the biggest Irish music festival so that should be good. Then I'm staying in my friends holiday house for 2 weeks. After that I'm going to portugal for 2 weeks. Pretty standard summer.

My summer gonna suck cause I failed math by 1 point. :thumbdown:

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

My summer was going alright for a while.. Lot's of drinking/smoking weed, skating, swimming, hanging out with friends, and just enjoying everything.. Then my idiot friend got me busted by my dad for smoking weed. Currently grounded until further notice :wall: I think I'm going to give that kid a serious beating next time I see him.

This summer I have been practicing bass, babysitting, and doing my stupid community service. :? Oh and I also had to move to a different house, during the time that TIF was unavailable.

I almost got a drinking ticket once, but since I know the Chief of Police's daughter very well, I got 8 friends and myself out of that.

Other than just partying in general, I've been working 5pm until Midnight every night at Phantom Fireworks getting them prepared for the 4th of July. A great thing about working there is that after the 4th, I get 60% off all fireworks and $120.00 in free fireworks :thumbsup:

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Summer's been ok so far. Yesterday, a friend of mine I knew while I was in Italy (he still lives there, but different island) was in town yesterday, so we hung out for a while. Great catching up, I taught (or at least tried :P ) him how to use throwing knives, and spent about 10 minutes searching for one arrow after it accidentally flew over the fence and high into the woods. We were also in town, and happened upon a housing area under construction, and starting at $1.1 million. Craziness. He's just as sick and twisted as I am, and as we walked through the houses (they were almost finished and other people were there looking to buy) we were talking about where to store the bodies, where the armory would go, and mounting heads in picture windows and automated gun turrets in the bay windows :D

Today I got a letter from school about ROTC Officer/Petty Officer Training in August, so that's what I've got to look forward to.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Yeah, I've been waiting for this thread too. I was going to make it if no one else did.

I got out two weeks ago, had a day off on Friday. Then last week...I helped out at my church's annual VBS (Basically a camp). I think I got sick from exhaustion, allergies, the heat, and first graders. This past week has been more relaxing, I think I've stayed home the entire time. :geek:

Anyway, at first I wasn't looking forward to summer (As shown by a few of my posts), but now I guess it's fine. My laptop arrived a few days ago, so I'm spending most of my time online, like usual...I've found a few games to try out, and I've decided to attempt to learn some programming language. (Inspired by a topic here...) I'm doing some work around the house too, to "pay off" this laptop, as well as my Wii. My dad is also forcing me to exercise more, but it's for my own good, and the rewards could be nice. I'm running a mile a day, until I leave for Taiwan at the end of July. I'm staying in Taiwan for two weeks, visiting relatives, old friends, the hospital where I was born, historic places that look like they're out of video games (Dynastic Warriors... :lol: ), and just relaxing. The plane ride there and back suck, but it's worth it...After I get back, it'll be basically my birthday. Yay. Then I have to take a math test, because I'm attempting to skip a year of math. Then...The school year starts. Great.

I've yet to hang out with my friends, but that's partially due to the fact that Forecastfox (Accuweather) is screaming "Severe weather alerts" at me 24/7. We got a hailstorm yesterday, and power was out for over 5 hours...Anyway, I'm sure I'll get together with them for some tennis/basketball/Brawl/Soul Calibur once in a while...And yes, there's the girl. E-mailing each other for now...

[/longpost]

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I sub as a beach lifegaurd (pays ok, tans good, girls are great) as the final relaxation before I get to work for the rest of my life until retirement (joy :roll: ). So aside from the odd payday, I get to work on my own personal projects which I don't get to do often enough. I am also doing housework and general upkeep this summer. The most general things are keeping the kitchen clean and mowing the lawn. Other than that I get to be social, go biking, take the boat/seadoo out for a spin, throw balls for the dogs. Life will never be this good again, which is kinda depressing really. Oh well, all good things must end.

I actualy had to insist on working (parents big on getting me to do manual labour), but even though I have not spent much of the money made being a full time beach lifegaurd last year, I have no intention of making no money this summer. Besides, I live next to the beach I worked at so great subing opportunities, and I stop by once or twice a week to talk (not a busy place) and the local daycamp kids rember me too :D .

So ya, lifes good :thumbsup:

Lifeguard is pretty much the greatest summer job going. Sitting on the beach talking to girls or friends and running out to save people in your spare time :lol: I'm working as it next year, pretty good pay for a 16 year old ;)

It's been summer break since May 15 for me... A couple days after school was out I went to Europe for a couple of weeks, now the rest of the summer has had a hard time living up to that experience, but I'm having one of the best summers I can...

Working 45-50 hours a week, then raging on weekends. There's not much else to do with such a tight schedule... I fit things in when I can like going to the lake. I've got a couple of camping/road trips coming up before the end of break, but I have until the end of August to do whatever. Then it's the same general plan (work/rage) plus taking 15 university credits.

I'm having a good time.

peterstretchfn5.gif