Breastfeeding

megakiller32

They're not disgusted by it. Both my mother and aunt have breastfed before - they just don't feel that a restaurant out in the open is the right place to do so.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally believe that a mother has certain rights that need to be filled out. Certain personal liberties. I would be disgusted at an average restaurant that didn't let a mother do this, because personally, I believe it's a huge kick in the crotch to humanity, or what's left of it. An end to what makes humans, humans. You have to level society, level it all down, and realize what a simple thing it is to be a single creature on a single planet in the vast quantity of space. I see that you feel strongly about this issue, but it might be hard for you to understand such a right.

So basically, you are disgusted at the fact that a mother should bring a blanket to prevent people from losing their appetite? I respect that, although it just doesn't make sense at all in my book.

I'm disgusted at the fact that a mother refuses to bring a blanket just out of pride, but I'm sure that doesn't make any sense in your book.

We're not getting anywhere from this - I have my set of beliefs, you have yours. I think we should just agree to disagree. :) This thread is just about dead anyways. Nothing new can really be said.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I really don't see the problem. Is the child supposed to not eat because you don't want to see it being breastfed?

Is the person who feels too uncomfortable from seeing a mother feed her baby not supposed to eat just because the mother doesn't feel like moving?

Oh and for the record, all of you saying, "You should be happy when a woman shows herself naked," these are mothers we're talking about. Most of them really aren't that hot since most moms are in their midlife.

I'm disgusted at the fact that a mother refuses to bring a blanket just out of pride, but I'm sure that doesn't make any sense in your book.

When you squeeze out a baby, you'll be dam proud too. And it's just a breast. We all know what they look like, no need to get up in arms when a mother breast feeds her baby.

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

When you squeeze out a baby, you'll be dam proud too. And it's just a breast. We all know what they look like, no need to get up in arms when a mother breast feeds her baby.

No one is getting up in arms - some people just don't think nudity is appropriate in a dining atmosphere. Refer to the first post. We're talking about losing your appetite by seeing something you didn't want to see.

And I know it's just a breast. It's also just one area (restaurants) that I don't think women should be breastfeeding at. We can play the "it's not a big deal" game back and forth.

No one is getting up in arms - some people just don't think nudity is appropriate in a dining atmosphere. Refer to the first post. We're talking about losing your appetite by seeing something you didn't want to see.

And I know it's just a breast. It's also just one area (restaurants) that I don't think women should be breastfeeding at. We can play the "it's not a big deal" game back and forth.

I don't see how you could lose your appetite unless you were staring at a mother breastfeeding. Would you rather a screaming baby?

newsigzl2.jpg

tetsupportsig2.jpg

I don't see how you could lose your appetite unless you were staring at a mother breastfeeding.

I don't see how neither but I'm not going to dismiss the first poster's testimony just for arguments sake. That's why I'm against breastfeeding in public. Because obviously it is something people can lose their appetite over.

Would you rather a screaming baby?

I'd rather her cover herself successfully or do it where no one can see and attention won't be attracted.

I guess I'm not really upset by it. Sure it's an inappropriate setting and she probably could have done it later if the baby wasn't wailing, but I just wouldn't look at her if it would distract/upset me or make me lose my appetite.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Mothers shouldn't give a damn about people complaining about breastfeeding..

It's not unhygienic to bystanders. It's not unnatural. If you feel disgusted by it or lose appetite, it's your personal mental problem, not that of the mother. She isn't doing anything wrong regardless of covering herself or not.

I never make fun of people or insult them, but I'd frankly laugh at a fully grown, adult man who gets offended by breastfeeding. It's equally as pathetic when bitter, childless or shameful women comment on the natural behavior of other people.

Sometimes I feel conservative americans in particular would likely get a heart attack by going to a more relaxed, natural country like France. The people swimming at public (note: not nudist) beaches often do so without any clothing at all. Who will be the first to say that's unnatural too, or that they should cover themselves for your convenience?

Those people don't have any obligation to cater to the preferences of people with specific phobias or dislikes, nor are they being disrespectful or lewd.

I've got no problem with it at all. It might be a bit wierd in the middle of a resteraunt or something, but really, adults should be able to deal with seeing something which is perfectly natural anyway. If it's so bad, then look away.

In the end, the mothers don't care either. They've had sex, been through 9 months carrying around a baby inside them, squeezed it out in pain and had many sleepless nights with a baby. So if they show a little bit of boob in public and people get offended and want them to cover up - just go ask them to. I'm sure they will listen to you.

Or they will tell you to piss off.

newsigzl2.jpg

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Is the person who feels too uncomfortable from seeing a mother feed her baby not supposed to eat just because the mother doesn't feel like moving?

That works for me. It's another person eating, it is a MOTHER FEEDING HER CHILD, that's it, that's all. You can't deal, go eat by yourself.

Can't believe this has gone 14 pages. Watching the Goddess argue with Zero is like watching Marilyn Vos Savant argue with a blond brick wall with A.D.D.

This thread again? Didn't we all agree last time that it was just arguing in circles and you're all wrong?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

This thread again? Didn't we all agree last time that it was just arguing in circles and you're all wrong?

Yes. And as we all know, arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics, blah blah blah.

Pain Olympics.

And now I can't say anything since my sister does it. :thumbup:

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Why would anything be wrong about it..?

Babies have to eat, too. And I totally agree with IGoddessI's comment: if you're at an eatery, and the whole family is enjoying their dinner, why should the baby be excluded? And why would anyone suggest that you feed the baby in a bathroom? While you're at it, you may as well let the little guy crawl around on the bathroom floor.

Besides, most nursing mothers carry some sort of feeding blanket around with them. When they go to feed their baby, they often throw the blanket over their shoulder, to prevent anyone from seeing anything they shouldn't. Most mother's don't hike up their shirts to their necks and expose all...

And as far as the US goes, I believe it's actually illegal for any business to ask a nursing mother to feed her baby outside of their store. (Correct me if I'm wrong, please!)

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

[hide=Off topic.]

Yes. And as we all know, arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics, blah blah blah.

Pain Olympics.

Omfg are you serious? Well at least she's female... I know it's disgusting but her gender makes things a little better.[/hide]

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

[hide=Off topic.]

Pain Olympics.

Omfg are you serious? Well at least she's female... I know it's disgusting but her gender makes things a little better.[/hide]

I think he was refering to the fact that his sister breastfeeds, not that she partakes in the Pain Olympics...

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

And as far as the US goes, I believe it's actually illegal for any business to ask a nursing mother to feed her baby outside of their store. (Correct me if I'm wrong, please!)

Since a business like restaurant under US law is private property, they can in theory even select their clients (like excluding asian, white, etc. people from eating there) but they would probably lose the case if brought to court over discrimination charges & would have to pay significant compensation.

Far as I know there isn't any legal precedent to remove a mother who breastfeeds her child from business property, unless she's acting abusive or aggressive.

Or, if the business clearly has 'rules' at the entrance/lobby that specifically prohibits it (usually pets are disallowed from entering restaurants and it's legal due to hygiene reasons)

Since a business like restaurant under US law is private property, they can in theory even select their clients (like excluding asian, white, etc. people from eating there) but they would probably lose the case if brought to court over discrimination charges & would have to pay significant compensation.

Far as I know there isn't any legal precedent to remove a mother who breastfeeds her child from business property, unless she's acting abusive or aggressive.

Or, if the business clearly has 'rules' at the entrance/lobby that specifically prohibits it (usually pets are disallowed from entering restaurants and it's legal due to hygiene reasons)

I actually may have got confused with employers. A business has to provide a safe space for any nursing employee.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png