Nature Runecrafting : Dead.

BloodArgon

yes, it's dead, because of the graahk crafters who can manage 4.5k per hour.

Now can you explain to me how this is possible? I know about the spirit graahk, but I haven't heard of anyone getting 4.5k per hour. If this is the case, then wouldn't nat crafting be alive and kicking?

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every small time crafter is panicing and selling their natures. The bigger crafters 91+ people hold onto them and wait for a rise then kill the prices ;). I still enjoy rune crafting and it might not be as much profit but idc it's still money and I'm terribly unlucky at gwd anyway :|

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Now can you explain to me how this is possible? I know about the spirit graahk, but I haven't heard of anyone getting 4.5k per hour. If this is the case, then wouldn't nat crafting be alive and kicking?

Graahk is only different than me in abyss by about 1-3 seconds........ If you have decent agility/mining you rarely fail and I can max at 4.2K nats/hr via abyss so graahk is NOT 4.5k nats/hr nty.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Graahk is only different than me in abyss by about 1-3 seconds........ If you have decent agility/mining you rarely fail and I can max at 4.2K nats/hr via abyss so graahk is NOT 4.5k nats/hr nty.

Thats only 2.1k essence tho.

And for the record, Im not a whining RCer, Iv stopped doing that for money a long time ago.

I just got alot of essence from banshee tasks and noticed that the price was soaring.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

I've never actually known why people craft nats over other things when under 91 rc and over 54, it just seems illogical, all the other runes are more money and exp

Because of the large demand of them. Back then, when I played, you could sell 1k nats for 300k and you would almost instantly get an alcher whos interested.

But anyway, I was shocked to see nats 250 each...I remember nats always being 300 ea, maybe rising up ten or twenty gold at times, but 250? Holy cabbage!

At those who hate RC because its a huge money maker: NEWSFLASH. Get 44/54 RC then.

but nowdays with 50gp+ more profit per rune and the g.e making selling easier, it baffles me why so many people stick to natures, it seems plain ignorant to me.

I always trained on the highest rune available to me, laws brought me much more money than nats and quicker leveleing, and deaths to the same effect now.

I was talking about in 2007/2006, I haven't been playing for the last six months so I can't speak about current times. I know I'm switching to laws when I get back into members, lol.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

1-3 seconds? Have you even used one? Abyss trips for me take like ~75 seconds, a graahk trip takes ~60 seconds :? I use on average 11 glory's worth of charges per graahk summon (RARELY messing up the teles... and it balances out with the times I forget one and use duel ring instead anyway) = 44 trips in 49 minutes. Did the math and that comes to more than 5k nats per hour; actually the figure I came up with was more along the lines of 5.2-5.4...

It was never really smart to craft solo natures besides 44-54, so it's not that bad.

91 Rc still makes about 800-900k/hour.

Stop complaining and go farm herbs :mrgreen:.

2dvjurb.png

because now yew longs (the main alchable) are getting harder and harder to get, its a massive chain effect and putting gigantic amounts of nature runes in the market isn't helping.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

[hide=]

because now yew longs (the main alchable) are getting harder and harder to get, its a massive chain effect and putting gigantic amounts of nature runes in the market isn't helping.

[/hide]

World 2 and you can buy world 132 yanille bank. ::'

oie_080707215636np9.png

Here are a couple reasons I can think of why nature rune prices are dropping:

Fewer people are alching these days. A lot of people who would have alched to 99 are drawn to bursting rock lobsters and training summoning at the same time, and yew log prices are at an all time high. Now that we can do something useful with most summoning pouches (trading in for charms), alching those for the sake of getting a return is out too.

The spirit Graahk. I don't care about the debate regarding how fast you can craft that way compared to the abyss (though I'm inclined to believe that it is slightly faster). What matters is the fact that people think that it's faster. Thus, people are excited to train their summoning up, buy a few Graahks, and try it out. If they like it, you have somebody into crafting natures who wouldn't have been otherwise, regardless of whether they're really making them at a faster rate. These people also won't move on to laws even when abyss Runecrafters recognize the advantage, because the Graahk is specific to the nature altar.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

to the two people [bleep] about not being able to make 700k-1m an hour. i agree rc is to much of a money machine when you think of what it require. i also agree it should make cash, but not over 500k an hour!

i hope that pure ess goes to 200ea. that way they still make profit but donst make to much compared to effort :pray:

here comes the flamers! :-#

Godwars averages 2-3m/hour... you think the best skiller income in the game should max out at 500k/hour?

I'm always amused when Runecrafters complain about how much money they make.

RC is a transformation skill -- like Crafting, Smithing and Herblore. In case you didn't know, those skills mostly lose money.

Why do they lose money? Because skillers are willing to train them at a loss.

RC profitability will continue to decrease as long as people are willing to make less money at it. An equilibrium point will be reached when the prices get low enough that fewer people make nats, and more people buy and use them.

For more info, see this page in my General Skills Guide.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

jagex seem to be killing off skills that make money, same with the Ape Atoll nerf, chins went down.

only way to make money now -> Godwars.

or GE Merching

Thats very shortsighted.

First of all, chins are getting fixed again. Secondly, there's a lot of problems which are jagex fault, but this low price of nature runes ISNT there fault. Its just a natural consequence of the fact that a lot of people rc nature runes.

to the two people [bleep] about not being able to make 700k-1m an hour. i agree rc is to much of a money machine when you think of what it require. i also agree it should make cash, but not over 500k an hour!

i hope that pure ess goes to 200ea. that way they still make profit but donst make to much compared to effort :pray:

Godwars averages 2-3m/hour... you think the best skiller income in the game should max out at 500k/hour?

yeah but the avage gwd outfit cost 35m plus (godsword and barrows) when you run thry the abbys or use graakh you dont risk over 100k and you 99.99% you wont die.

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

yeah but the avage gwd outfit cost 35m plus (godsword and barrows) when you run thry the abbys or use graakh you dont risk over 100k and you 99.99% you wont die.

Risk = Reward

More Risk = More Reward

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Anyone who thinks you "average" 2-3M/hr profit at GWD is likely deluding themselves. You also have to count all the trips where you get nothing, time wasted getting teams together and finding free worlds, cost of supplies etc.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

LOL, you really think that about gwd gear? Good gear for each boss cost about 4-7m. Great gear will cost 30m+, but it is not needed at all, and helps just slightly.

Furthermore, there is NO risk in gwd at all. I have died countless times (100+) and never lost any items when in a team, ever. I only lose items when I die solo.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

Anyone who thinks you "average" 2-3M/hr profit at GWD is likely deluding themselves. You also have to count all the trips where you get nothing, time wasted getting teams together and finding free worlds, cost of supplies etc.

2-3m per hour is a bit much, in my expierence. However, my 8ish months of gwd, 5months of which was "full time", I average 1.5-2m profit per hour at sara or arma boss.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

I do miss the days when it was great, the time right after the abyss was released, but right before the essence split, was like it was raining money. Oh well.

I guess it was only a mtter of time, and i'm sure one day RC will be like, say, crafting or smithing, where you used to be able to make a packet, but no more. That's just how it goes i guess.

For obvious reasons i don't think laws will remain so strong much longer. But heck, if we break even rcing, even that is one hell of a lot better than most skills allow.

It's not dead, but it's certainly choking. Not the moneymaker it used to be, but still one of the best SKILLBASED cashmakers out there in some respects, though not the best for the most part anymore.

Not many skills you can make a fairly healthy profit off at 44, especially skills like rc that convert something into something else.

I was kind of surprised to be honest, i expected a slight jump in the price of natures, since infinity is becoming really popular again (now we have hair), i though all the MTA runes would have a slight boost for a week or two. Clearly not :/

RC is far, far from dead, or if it is dead then smithing, crafting, herblore, are all in their 18th reincarnation just deceased, we'll never get the old runecrafting back, but what we have is good enough.

On that note, i still think ess needs to be merged again. Sure, it would all balance out and we'd have cheaper nats to account for most of the cheaper ess, but to be honest it's pointless being there anymore, f2p would love it, p2p would love it, seems kinda silly that it still exists really.

Not dead, just more popular.

On a trivial note, to show how things have changed:

When the abyss was first released, my runecrafting rank was in the 900's. I was hovering between 990 - 1000. I was level 75.

Now look where level 75 gets you.

Time have changed, and it's obvious why the market is as it is. :s

Less pures training mage thanks to wildy, graahk, increased rc popularity, p ess, more ihgh level runes, pouches, abyss, lots of guides on strategy, more mage training methods available, so many things added up over time to really own rc profits, but so long as we break even we're still in the green area as i see it.

Just remember (and im sure some people will shoot me for saying this, as it's not helping the problem), rs is like any other transformation skill, most of which will cost you 10's of mills for a decently fast method. Rc has zmi, best yet, and you profit. I'd say rc is still going strong, even if it isn't what it once was.

...but this low price of nature runes ISNT there fault. Its just a natural consequence of the fact that a lot of people rc nature runes.

Pretty much.

It amuses me that people will complain that Jagex 'controls' prices and don't let the player supply and demand reflect prices....

....and then complain when player controlled supply and demand drives the price of a traditional money maker down.

Can I have my cake and eat it too?

With less demand for nature runes, they're going to stay where they are most likely. Unless we get a super useful nature rune spell, there's not going to be any reason for them to go back up.

Although, allowing high level f2pers to mine pure essence would bring that to a practical price. If it requires 30 rc and 30 mining to get it, the high level f2pers would have a great money making opportunity (and a great goal for them, in 30 rc), and essence would go down, stabilizing around the price of iron.