Pissed over ADS on F2P - MESSING UP GAME PLAY

Dire_Wolf

Serveal times the ADS somehow make you not be able to "Type" or use any keys expect the mousepad. I am tired of this, and i have alot times clicked BackSpace- Resulting in going back to other page and off from GAME.

What is the point with this...

U can report ads, but only if they area bad ads as in what its about...

But how can you report ADS that mess your Game up???How..

All ads do that, and I can assure you, it's VERY annoying. It happens when the ads change, the focus is taken off the game, and onto the sides of the screen, where backspace has the effect of taking you back a page. If anyone knows how to turn this off, I'll be very grateful :D

The_Maddest.png

I don't like those ads too. Once it goes to certain ones, it freezes up my computer and have to reset it. Jagex is going to owe me a new hard drive soon. :(

They're not legally bound to, and I realize that. Don't go replying to my post with that...

j0xPu5R.png

If you're using Firefox, the Disable Backspace Navigation add-on will help you not accidentally go back a page when this happens. It saved me many a time back in F2P.

Not only that, but you can type about:config in your address bar. In the search, type in backspace. Set this number to 1. This will also disable backspace navigation.

j0xPu5R.png

I don't like those ads too. Once it goes to certain ones, it freezes up my computer and have to reset it. Jagex is going to owe me a new hard drive soon. :(

Don't reset your computer. Instead hold down the power-on button for few seconds. It's safer than reseting

2qcigdz.png

Don't reset your computer. Instead hold down the power-on button for few seconds. It's safer than reseting

You think? Might try it next time.

j0xPu5R.png

i hit backspace on members and get the same, usually because i've accidentally clicked somewhere off screen. My solutions are playing full screen or using that firefox backspace disable thing, but does that stop backspace working in every way, what if i need to get rid of text?

cakesncats056-1.jpg

Serveal times the ADS somehow make you not be able to "Type" or use any keys expect the mousepad. I am tired of this, and i have alot times clicked BackSpace- Resulting in going back to other page and off from GAME.

The adds need to be there if you're a free person but... what gets me is when I'm a member and I go to f2p why do I have to see the adds?

And I do agree with you that the adds are annoying though...

Eatrunearrow.png

The only ones I dislike are the ones that pop up and come down to cover the entire rs page. I have had several of those :\

One resulted in me logging back in with 2 hp. The other resulted in me dieing at the hill giants and losing my precious mithril kiteshield (This was a very long time ago).

tfssig.png

You can block them, but I dunno if Jagex can ban you for that or not...

You can block pop-ups, but not ones embedded onto the rs Game-screen. Jagex does not advertise with pop-ups, If you are getting those you might want to check if you have spyware.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

You have to remember: Free to Play wouldn't be free without ads.

In response to SirHemen:

Here's an awesome guide, enjoy ;).

viewtopic.php?f=180&t=598884&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

So runescape is not Free to Play anymore..... Rather than F2P, lets call it 'watch ads to play'.

Fools!! Having Wilderness Pking back is harder than Letting camels pass through the needle's hole!!

adblocker... or simply hack your home ip adress so that way any ads will be sent to a non existent ip address.

killtyrant.png

killtyrant.png

adblocker... or simply hack your home ip adress so that way any ads will be sent to a non existent ip address.

lulz wut?

You can't 'hack' your IP to do that.

Not only that, but you can type about:config in your address bar. In the search, type in backspace. Set this number to 1. This will also disable backspace navigation.
Oh Emm Gee!! Why didn't you tell me this earlier! WOOT, no backspace logging for me!
The_Maddest.png

Err, I think you can actually report ads that mess up your gameplay if they disable keys and such. Anyway, a trick I used to use if the ad was flash, was right clicking on the add and unchecking the play option. Not all of them allow you to do this though.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

sollution- get firefox. get the irish theme <3. get to your rs world of choice. go to tools, and go to "clear private data". hit "browsing history" in the checkbox and make sure everything else isn't checked off because you might lose passwords or whatever. stop your [bleep]ing ing

continue going on f2p FOG worlds and owning all that exist because that's all f2p has to offer for me.

problem solved.

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

i never actually reliased about the ads till i read this thread . so i guess i dnt find it annoying

Learn how to do 15+ barrow chest per run :My guide http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=800457

Barrow drops : Dhorak helm x1

,guthan body x1

verac helm x2

verac brassad ,

karil coif ,

guthan helmx2 ,

torag body

Guthan skirt

henryleehen.png[stats].png