Monday 14th July : Bank Update, Item Lending, RSHD 4 F2P,...

Kevin_

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mostly LOVE the bank update. Two things I have issue with though:

1.) I'd like another update to lock in placeholders. That way I could actually organize/use items I only have one of. If items had a placeholder by default, "Right click > Withdraw all > Right click > remove placeholder" would fully remove the item. Or, "Right click > set placeholder" if placeholders weren't there by default. Maybe a toggle button 'all placeholders' or 'no placeholders' to change the default behavior.

2.) The bank no longer leaves an empty spot when you withdraw all of something. I commonly withdraw all my gp, then deposit 1 coin back to preserve the placeholder. Now if I were to withdraw it all, it'd deposit back in the end of my bank and I'd have to put it back where I had it. This wouldn't be an issue of #1 was implemented.

untitled6kv7.gif

I use to do that too. Because msot of the time idk how much something is ect so I do withdraw all my gold and put one back to save a spot... Quite annoying now.

BUT

I love this update, best one since forever. <3:

Going to organizse my bank than do the new diaries :D:D.

Like others said people will say those aren't your rares and everyone will think your being lended the item.

But still I love it :D

Spartan%20625.png

^^ CLICK FOR MY DAILY LOG ^^

withdraw/deposit 87 WTF?

other than an awesome update, good reward for diary to :thumbsup:

It remembers your last withdraw or deposit figure. Kind of useful, but I haven't sued it much yet.

All-in-all a good set of updates (the ring probably won't leave my bank too often, though). I can't wait for the wilderness quest

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

Where is Explorer Jack, I can't seem to find him.

But ya, the update is great, only have 2 tabs though, one for clothing/holiday items and one for runes/rc, but I don't have that much stuff since I'm not members right now.

edit: nvm, found Explorer Jack...

Dr_Brinner.png

Not sure if it's already fixed, but there's a bug that allows you to get A LOT farming exp for free.

** [ TRACKER ]: [farming] exp gains for darkholes0 in last 1day: 4,556,899.

Just felt like mentioning.

hopefully they get a nice ban.

I hope that too.

Anyway since it's already fixed... For those who were interested how to do it, You could check your fruit trees health as many times as you wanted if you fruit tree was growing in the gnome stronghold.

I keep checking up his name and Mirage_Ace who also did it (By Runemonkey highsc0res). and they arent banned.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

The item lending will be dumb, lending rares grrr. Now people will say you don't own those rares... :(

maybe people with rares want to share there hats with there friends (i do) -.-

I mean, thats fine! But people will persecute and accuse you of the rare not being yours. That would be annoying. I don't mind it, cause I never listen to the jealous morons anyway, but...*Sighs*

Full Screen being F2P would be a joke. Ads in the full screen window? Tsk. It would be cool, bt he ads would get on my nerves.

And our heads are still big, but I'm getting used to it fast. Huh.

I was surprised when I heard the achievement diaries were F2P! They're giving us a lot this month. Very generous of JaGex. Ok, gonna collect my EXP lamps now...

Borrowed items aren't tradeable... so you can just trade to prove it's yours.

16185_s.gif

Old or new tutorial?

What if you never did a tutorial?!

I'm screwed! Lol.

Oh and, can people lend non-buying rares or is those locked to the persons who picked them up? I hope they're locked.

Or else i could start trying to make the bunny ears take over RS...

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

wow lots of stuff today \' , but the stupid achievment diary wont let me get the anti dragon shield from the duke, will someone help me? all i have to chose from when i talk to him is: "any quests for me?" and "how can i make money" :ohnoes: please help me!

Edit: also i have compleated dragon slayer if that has anything to do with it

1 defence pure pvp vid 1:

sig.jpg

jedislayer14.png

Proud to have achieved 97 cooking F2P

wow lots of stuff today \' , but the stupid achievment diary wont let me get the anti dragon shield from the duke, will someone help me? all i have to chose from when i talk to him is: "any quests for me?" and "how can i make money" :ohnoes: please help me!

Get rid of any antishields you have in your bank or inv.

I think you can't have a anti shield in your bank or invy

also wow about the farming glitch o,O

Using the new bank is like clicking through molasses - slow, slow, slow, clicking on things 3 and 4 times to get it to take.

I actually like the new ring, as it gives me a teleport to the Falador allotment patches. And experience lamps are always welcome.

But item begging is a huge step backwards for the community. I am sure those of you who have entitlement issues will love it, though.

3/5 Kafei rating points.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I commonly withdraw all my gp, then deposit 1 coin back to preserve the placeholder.

Me too. Is gonna take a while for me to break the habit I suppose. I was really hoping for placeholders, I hope it gets put in soon, instead of having to wait a few more years for another bank overhaul. I admit that I know almost nothing of programming but, surely it wouldn't be that hard to make 0 an allowed value for a banked item. An interface that is bigger in fullscreen would be nice, as would the ability to send PMs but these are only minor quibbles.

I found the Lumby diary really enjoyable, running around with a a random assortment of items, just exploring and trying things out reminded of when I started playing (around early 2004 I think) catching and cooking shrimps by draynor, making the Varrock mine-> Lumby furnace -> Varrock anvil run, of just chatting to random NPCs, going into houses, searching all the drawers and exploring the upstairs. As a member with all quests done I have a much larger area that I'm free to explore but I don't think I've ever spent more time exploring than those early days, perhaps with the exception of when I became P2P and ran excitedly to the Varrock members gate to explore the hidden mysteries within...

All things considered, excellent update!

crunchbag.png

Proud owner of Legends Cape since 10.03.07

Completed Desert Treasure on 21.03.07

First achieved Quest Cape on 14.08.07 at 89 combat

I think you can't have a anti shield in your bank or invy

also wow about the farming glitch o,O

oh ok thanks i totaly forgot about that #-o

1 defence pure pvp vid 1:

sig.jpg

jedislayer14.png

Proud to have achieved 97 cooking F2P

Borrowed items aren't tradeable... so you can just trade to prove it's yours.

But would you honestly trade a bunch of idiots to prove that it's a borrowed rare? You'd prove it to one, and they'd believe you, but then another would say they don't believe you, then you have to trade them, etc...But I I wouldn't bother. Honestly, I think that the best thing to do would be to take them off in populated areas, and put them on in medium-less populated areas. But the dilemma is that rares are for show, so taking it off in populated areas is defeating the point of rares...Hehe.

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

Very intelligent updates, I couldn't be happier :D ! It was quite nice of them to end the beta period in such a short time and allow us F2pers to experiece the godliness of HD RuneScape. I swear its awe inspiring :shock: ...

The bank update ain't bad either eh heh.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

3 headed dragon gets caved in meaning dragonslayer 2 is still possibel :P

Well I created a new account just to do the new tutorial and at the end he mentions Falador sending help to slay the dragon. DS2 sounds VERY likely now...

DS1 was for rune plate right ?

What if there was a new Dragon slayer but it was to unlock say...A Dragon Plate !! =D> :pray:

That'd own!!

----

Good updates :D Finally organized my bank :D

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

So does this ring give a prayer bonus or not? And is it unlimited teles to the cabbage patch?

Yes, all levels of the ring, in addition to a +1 magic attack bonus, give a +1 prayer bonus. And it is unlimited teleports, yes.

With the ring given for completing the easy tasks of the achievement diary, there's a chance of making extra runes while runecrafting elemental runes. How many, I'm not sure. Might I also add that the cabbage patch teleport provides a quicker way of getting back and forth from the air altar. :)

33vye4i.jpg

2re6ssn.jpg

So does this ring give a prayer bonus or not? And is it unlimited teles to the cabbage patch?

Yes, all levels of the ring, in addition to a +1 magic attack bonus, give a +1 prayer bonus. And it is unlimited teleports, yes.

With the ring given for completing the easy tasks of the achievement diary, there's a chance of making extra runes while runecrafting elemental runes. How many, I'm not sure. Might I also add that the cabbage patch teleport provides a quicker way of getting back and forth from the air altar. :)

not to mention quick access to a farming patch, port sarim and draynor.

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

I have my partyhat in grand exchange and people STILL ask to borrow it. -.-

I dont like item lending and i never liked the idea of it to be honest.

The bank update ruined my organized bank since they added 2 items pr row making it 10 on each row instead of 8. -.-

The tabs are ok but my old bank looked cleaner then the new one does.

The lumbridge diary was fun and the reward was very usefull. :thumbsup:

The new tutorial is much better then the old one.

It has more "exitement" then the old one did.

Now what is going to be placed where the old tutorial island is. :-k