Are you going to use Item lending?

Mr_Recci

I'm enjoying the item lending. I've currently got my brothers whip because I'm too lazy to save up enough to buy my own. I won't be lending my items off to random strangers any time soon though. I would rather they find a bug to keep it with someone else's items.. :-k

Yup Im guessing that someone find a bug/glitch to hold the item. Im just waiting to be sure its fine.

recci-518.png

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not in a million years, after using the Quick Chat server for some quiet to do the Lumby diary I went back on a normal world and a few seconds later some level 89 asked to borrow my Santa (the actual words were along the lines of "flip lend u snata hat") and when I said no I was called an "A hole" (I'm only lvl 91 myself). The guy then proceeded to harrass myself and other people.

In the space of being logged on for 5 mins at the Culinaromancer bank chest, there were 3 beggars asking people to borrow their god armour, dragon chain, santa hat and other expensive items. It's pathetic, why shouldn't I be able to wear the Infinity robes I worked incredibly hard to obtain? I spent ages running essence to get the runes and then endured the tedium of getting the pizzaz points for what? To endure "OMG gimie u amor" every few mins.

Thankfully my normal outfit consists of untradeable items like the Scythe and Void knight armour (only the Vyrewatch bits are tradeable), but with this atrocious update if I want to wear anything nice that is remotely valuable I'm stuck on Quick Chat servers or with chat turned off.

blazesigbq9.jpg

I'm going to wait a while too. I'm almost 100% positive there are people evaluating every aspect of the update and looking to find a way to make a "Loan" into a "Permanent Trade." I don't want to be on the first list of people crying because their item was stolen because of this update.

Mainly because, if it is possible and it does happen, Jagex won't lift a finger to get it back for you.

You have been warned.

*Hides Yellow Party Hat, Red Mask and Santa* #-o

You clearly don't understand how RuneScape's internals work then. The item that is lent to people is NOT your item. When you lend an item, say an Abyssal whip (internal item ID #4151), a copy of it (as a completely different item, it's not even an actual Abyssal whip anymore) is created. I don't know its ID number yet and can't be bothered looking. Anyways, YOUR item remains on your account, only inaccessible.

The worst that can happen is that people can dupe items and use them for training (they can't trade them though). So your "warning" is pointless.

Take the Draynor Bank robbery video for example. The item in that video is NOT a blue partyhat. It's a copy of it, which is untradable and cannot be worn. Therefore it is worthless, so if any player ever happened to find some absolutely obscure way of obtaining it... it would be entirely useless to them.

Submitted for your approval:

Rumor has is that someone right out of the gate figured out how to keep Godsword Hilts. Something to do with breaking the sword down. Anyway, what is important is, if it is true, then that is a serious problem. I've also heard that has already been taken care of. But it just goes to show you what could possibly happen.

No item lending worlds pl0x

No people that type "pl0x" areas on Tipit please.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I can see how it'll be nice between friends, but I doubt I'll be using it very often. Probably because I'm too independent-minded and all I have to lend out are a couple rares and a zammy spear, anyways.

Oh, and I took my rares to f2p for a while... Nobody asked to borrow them... I did have a kid following me trying to get me to lead him through Shield of Arrav, though. :XD:

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

Item Lending stinks. It really pisses me off that people will constantly beg for stuff when you say "no" and they'll say "noob" or "I won't stop bugging you".

Or continuously saying "Please" "Please" "Please" which is very disturbing -.-.

I have already used item lending. At the first time I tried using it with two people that I know, but today I used it with someone who I don't know well lol.

I may highly lend my items for 1 hour only.

*Started Runescape in 1st of August 2005*.

Sweetfruits89.jpeg

Wow, unless you guys are exaggerating (which most of you probably are, to some extent) then p2p seems to be worse than f2p with noobs. I was logged on for what was probably around 1 to 2 hours, doing the new lumbridge diary and checking out the new GFX and I only had 1 guy ask to borrow my santa. He tried for a bit at which point I said "Dude, I'm not going to lend it to you" and he just ":("'d and left.

I had definately thought that a santa in f2p would attract much more attention, but luckily I managed to fly under the radar... for now.

I will probably rarely use it, except for maybe lending a rune scimitar or something to someone doing dragon slayer occasionally or lending my santa to friends. But so far for me, it's a nice feature to have.

Some games do not mix...

gtasimcopy.gif

I personally can't see myself using it much, but I have already made a deal with someone. He wants to buy a dragon axe, but doesn't want to spend the money till hes tried it out. I allowed him to borrow mine, while i borrowed his rune (we were at the same spot) and he just traded me a couple mage logs every time the trade timer went down. He gets faster exp, tries out a dragon axe, and I get 2 logs every fifteen minutes.

I personally can't see myself using it much, but I have already made a deal with someone. He wants to buy a dragon axe, but doesn't want to spend the money till hes tried it out. I allowed him to borrow mine, while i borrowed his rune (we were at the same spot) and he just traded me a couple mage logs every time the trade timer went down. He gets faster exp, tries out a dragon axe, and I get 2 logs every fifteen minutes.
But you never get rich of it. And i think thats the way it should be. not ppl Lending BGS 200k s hour!
recci-518.png

Used it heaps. :) Lent a friend a piece of arma for when he want aviansie hunting, lent zammy spear to some random at waterfiends who didn't have a crush weapon after i finished my slayer task, and lent a piece of bandos to someone slaying when i didn't need it earlier today. It's great fun making peoples day, when i'm not using the items i see no reason to not lend, may as well get as much use out of the items as possible. ^_^

I just ignore the beggers, and have fun with it. People charging others for it are just plain greedy, it's just a game guys.

the only time i'd really see myself using it is if i forgot my dba, dds or something like that. i've been itching for it for quite a while. but recently my bestest friend quit and he always had the dba on him so i wanted to borrow it a few times but couldn't. had to use stupid whip specials that hit junk.

oh yeah a few more things

what do you expect when you walk with a thing on your head worth more than 10m? 60m? 100m? or perhaps your weapon that has the potential to hit 40's with ease that happeneds to also be worth more than a lot of rares? what's the main reason you still wear that stupid thing anyway?

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

I was walkin to the .G.e. and i had about 30 people say "Borrow your wip 20k an hour!!" its so anoyign that people can just borow another person item thats worth alot for free!?!?! its just garbage

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

How is 20k an hour free? :P

Anyway, being a fairly high level player, you get a lot of requests to borrow expensive items. Even if you don't have them, they assume you have Godswords and a casket full of rares and that you're just waiting for someone to hand them over to. It gets really annoying really fast, and my ignore list is empty as I try to be as polite as possible in game.

And yes, there have already been bugs where people have been able to keep 20M+ worth of item, so I would still advice people to not lend out items to random people. Personally I will offer a few good friends to lend items if they need them, but not in the first month or so. And random people who ask, will most likely get a no. It's not because I want to be impolite, but it's not what the system is meant for. :)

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?