Are you going to use Item lending?

Mr_Recci

They should just go ahead and set up "no lending" worlds and watch to see how the population splits :thumbsup:

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First the "do emote" beggars and now the "borrow ur stuff" beggars =l errg what has RS come to.. soon it'll be "can i borrow your skills.." oh wait, WE ALREADY HAVE THAT #-o

:lol: RS = doomed =D>

And don't bother quoting me to flame (which i'm sure atleast 1 person will) you know that beggars ruin rs, and no the ignore list is not the way to fix it, last I noticed, you could only add 100 people to your ignore, and turning public on friends or off ain't gonna help when you're trading either so.. =D>

I highly doubt your going to need to add 100 people on the ignore list in one world.

Most I ever use is a few spaces, and then when the leave, or hours go by, I simply delete them, since its not really doing much good.

I always have my chat (private) on friends...

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

I used it on my robin :shock: with a 'friend' I met wcing two weeks back :o

and the system did like jagex said, my item was 100% safe til she logged, then returned to my collection box in bank...Well done Jagex =D>

Probably won't use out of friends circle in future though and definately not on my expensive items, like bandos ::'

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

I log in from a gwd trip last night in my gear in varrock, walked to the Ge, walked through the crowds od w58, walked out about 4 noob begging for my bgs, I just shut them up by lending out my zammy spear for 3 hrs to tell them I can't lend anymore.

Probably not; I have nothing to lend :thumbsup:

I find it quite upsetting how people wont have to work for items to use them anymore.

In saying that at least they can't keep them for longer periods than 24 hours.

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

Amg, can i borrow your santa hat?

no you can't **** off

Familiar senario that i've had once i logged on to check out the new banking update

i was bombarded with begging and people asking me

borrow your santa 15k an hour.

no i will not lend it to complete strangers now go die

18k7pu.jpg

The Iron never lies to you. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

not a big fan of the item lending update at all kinda seems like there are no symbols of wealth or accomplishment in the game anymore cause anyone could be wearing a borrowed item...

~>~Check Out My Bursting Guide~<~

Current goals - 99 Slayer, 99 Summoning, 85 Dungeoneering

Achieved goals - Quest Cape, 99 Strength, 85 Slayer, 99 Range, 88 Summoning, 90 Slayer, 99 Magic, 99 Farming

I will be using mine for friends on my list only when I am not using the items they'd like to borrow. Other than that everyone else I could care less about as rude as it sounds. I worked hard for myself to use those items not random noobs.

xxteargodxx.png

Just when we had gotten rid of beggars due to the trading limits, Jagex takes a step backwards and introduces "item begging" to the game.

Very, very disappointed that the developers put this in.

im jus disapointed tht u can only lend certain items can u charge people if u lend something?

A slaYer KiD.png

Effigies: 5

draconic visage: 1

Lawl I don't mind the beggers, If it wasn't for the fact that I want my partyhat to sell very bad, I'd take it out of the grand exchange and wear it just to count how many beggers I get, and annoy them worse. (I have better noob skills than beggers :lol: )

On the other hand, if any good friend (That I talk to often, no one randomly added), needs something, ya they can have it for any time really. I mainly farm, and do other small things in which I don't normally need any of the items I own.. most of them are just to have tbh..

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

I'm going to wait a while too. I'm almost 100% positive there are people evaluating every aspect of the update and looking to find a way to make a "Loan" into a "Permanent Trade." I don't want to be on the first list of people crying because their item was stolen because of this update.

Mainly because, if it is possible and it does happen, Jagex won't lift a finger to get it back for you.

You have been warned.

*Hides Yellow Party Hat, Red Mask and Santa* #-o

You clearly don't understand how RuneScape's internals work then. The item that is lent to people is NOT your item. When you lend an item, say an Abyssal whip (internal item ID #4151), a copy of it (as a completely different item, it's not even an actual Abyssal whip anymore) is created. I don't know its ID number yet and can't be bothered looking. Anyways, YOUR item remains on your account, only inaccessible.

The worst that can happen is that people can dupe items and use them for training (they can't trade them though). So your "warning" is pointless.

Take the Draynor Bank robbery video for example. The item in that video is NOT a blue partyhat. It's a copy of it, which is untradable and cannot be worn. Therefore it is worthless, so if any player ever happened to find some absolutely obscure way of obtaining it... it would be entirely useless to them.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

No - I won't be lending items. Just remember the old proverb "Never a borrower, or a lender be".

I am also fed up with the beggars. I even had someone call me a liar because I siad that I did not have a party hat or santa. To quote "Liar your lev 119 you must have one" - just because I am a high level does not imply that I have a party hat or santa - I prefer to spend my money on items that have a use. :wall:

I might, got some friends who always wanted to use a dragon woodcutting axe ::'

Dont really mind it, i dont have anything worth lending... :cry:

-Haseo

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I may use item lending (like i'll lend friends items) but not random strangers (atleast not the first week), you know they'll be testing every aspect of it for a bug so they can keep your item.

Well.. I'm retired, but I decided to check my equipment in the new graphics.

*Logs in*

*Checks self out*

Huh. Full dragon + Santa + Sara Sword + Legends Cape.

Looks pretty cool in high detail.

But I'll wait till full screen with F2p comes out to check again.

*Clicks on air staff to try lending*

*Staff gets equiped*

*Trys to re-equip the sword*

*Use Members Object*

*Cant re-equip as f2p*

"[cabbage]!"

Well I wonder if I have a reason to ever log in again.

it's kind of fun lending items at the duel arena. strangers would even be nice enough to pay 30k for one match or to test it out. and they'll comment on how great the item is and compliment on saving one for it. for the begging part though, just say you'll have to pay a little money or you're not going to use it. :|