GS's set to skyrocket?

No_99_Melee

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im REALLY sure that jagex going to make something to stop this like making ''junk'' items untradable :wall: :wall: this make grand exchange the only way to buy items.

Cuz is like using a bot but without the risk of being banned.

How is junk trading like using a bot? People still need to spend time on their characters to create junk (as a by-product of skilling), which is completely legitimate. If the GE is a perfect trading platform, people won't need to junk trade. Too bad it isn't the case.

Hmm. The update came out 12 hours ago.

*Checks price*

Nope same price. The item isn't going up.

Anybody else see a problem with that logic?

The GE updates on a daily basis as far as I know, and one day is 24 hours on planet Earth.

So, you're going to be standing waiting for your 30k each turn....yeah GREAT source of income.

My point exactly. If you have the stats to wield a GS and have the money to do so I'd think you could be making more than 120k per hour... :wall:

But why not lend it out for 30k a pop while you fletch/alch/farm/most other skills? I wouldn't mind an extra 30k per hour for lending my bgs out. :P

wartortlelove.jpg

Loaning for gp is a trust trade and is looked down upon by jagex, I wouldn't be surprised if they made a rule against this action completely, ahh well might as well reap the riches while you can ::'

Mod Poppy

Jagex Mod

14-Jul-2008 20:07:36

Last edited on 14-Jul-2008 20:08:34 by Mod Poppy

Surely if people are asking for money for this service, it is trust trading?

There is no guarantee that when you pay someone, they will lend you the item, or the other way around.

As with other trust trades, asking money for this 'service' is against the rules. Item lending was introduced due to the huge number of players upset that they couldn't help out their friends by sharing their cool armour. It certainly isn't intended for high level players to profit from their wealth.

They already did =)

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Hmm. The update came out 12 hours ago.

*Checks price*

Nope same price. The item isn't going up.

Anybody else see a problem with that logic?

Yes, GE is flawed. It only updates every 24 hours and the price update isnt always accurate (e.g. not enough to support the high demand, like with black masks).

Dont rely on the GE, really.

I wonder wether the rise in BGS had something to do with item lending though. It has been falling for quite some time, so it's no wonder they are finally going up again.

...How did we go from threads stating that it's guaranteed to plummet, to threads about how it will rise, in under a day?

Rising's probably going to be what it will do. A player who learns he likes a godsword can't just borrow his friend's daily, can he? He'll get his own.

That's what I'm saying and that's why i bought one right before item lending came out :thumbsup:

1288581197250-1.jpg

For those who do not know, i have read in the RSOF(dont rembember on which topic tho), that some Jmod said that asking for money in order to lend an item is a reportable offence.(item scamming), as nothing guarantees you the player will actually lend you the item after you pay him. I'm not trying to burn anyone, im just warning.

I'll be reporting lenders with "fees", whether junk trades or 30k/15mins...

There is no guarantee that when you pay someone, they will lend you the item, or the other way around.

As with other trust trades, asking money for this 'service' is against the rules. Item lending was introduced due to the huge number of players upset that they couldn't help out their friends by sharing their cool armour. It certainly isn't intended for high level players to profit from their wealth.

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

For those who do not know, i have read in the RSOF(dont rembember on which topic tho), that some Jmod said that asking for money in order to lend an item is a reportable offence.(item scamming), as nothing guarantees you the player will actually lend you the item after you pay him. I'm not trying to burn anyone, im just warning.

just telling you this. i've made around 750k right now with over 80 people borrowing my godsword and not 1 person attempted to report me. regulations can't stop us from making profit out of our own wealths. which we worked hard for. :geek:

...How did we go from threads stating that it's guaranteed to plummet, to threads about how it will rise, in under a day?

Rising's probably going to be what it will do. A player who learns he likes a godsword can't just borrow his friend's daily, can he? He'll get his own.

I get the impression that speculators have a bigger effect on prices than the people that just want to buy items for their own use.

Remember what happened with black masks? The slayer update created more demand for the mask, which naturally caused the price to go up. Speculators snatched up every mask that they could, which created an over-exagerated reduction in supply, which also caused the price to go up.

The end result is that an increase in demand will cause an increase in the price, but an increase in demand combined with speculators looking to exploit the market for an easy profit will cause an even bigger increase in price. Guess what that bigger increase in price does? It attracts the attention of even more speculators looking for an easy profit, and the cycle continues.

But prices can't rise forever, and eventually all the godswords that are about to get temporarily removed from circulation are going to be dumped back into the exchange. Meanwhile, GWD will be fuller than ever, and more godswords than ever before will be entering the economy.

The good news is that (compared to the black masks) there's not as many people wealthy enough to buy dozens (or hundreds) of godswords and artificially inflate the price.

The good news is that (compared to the black masks) there's not as many people wealthy enough to buy dozens (or hundreds) of godswords and artificially inflate the price.

I don't consider myself rich, but I can easily afford a dozen GS. I regularly merchant around 200m per day on GE, and there are plenty of others just like me. While the GE made low-end merchanting suffer, high-end merchanting is doing wonderfully. It's soooooooo easy to toy with the prices of items you could care less about and come out with a huge profit.

On topic: Godswords will rise, then fall. However, the rising period will last a nice little while, I'd estimate 2weeks - 1month.

What could hasten the price fall? 1) Nerfs to lending. 2) Buffs to lending. 3) Discovery of a dupe or stealing of GS - I've already read on other sites methods that worked yesterday to steal hilts, even one that claimed duping but the latter didn't have any proof.

Lol, renting out your items... Hmm... I never thought of that o.O'.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

i always thought that would rise after item lending came out, so i bought one yesterday(day it came out) i had to buy for a little above trade price on ge, but i see that they rose again today, and hope that they will keep rising. :pray:

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

i always thought that would rise after item lending came out, so i bought one yesterday(day it came out) i had to buy for a little above trade price on ge, but i see that they rose again today, and hope that they will keep rising. :pray:

I'm almost positive it will. \'

1288581197250-1.jpg

I would just like to clarify this one more time, charging people to borrow items is against the rules, it is a trust trade which is not allowed :shame:

The Rules has nothing about trust trades, but it does have something else

...It is not our intention to set limits on what players trade...
mememe513.png

I would just like to clarify this one more time, charging people to borrow items is against the rules, it is a trust trade which is not allowed :shame:

The Rules has nothing about trust trades, but it does have something else

...It is not our intention to set limits on what players trade...

Mod Poppy

Jagex Mod

on rsof

patr1ckotg1.png

Just to let you know enforcing Jagex rules on tip.it will not give you any advantage to becoming a p-mod on rs -.-

1288581197250-1.jpg

Just to let you know enforcing Jagex rules on tip.it will not give you any advantage to becoming a p-mod on rs -.-

I don't want to me a player mod, just putting it out there that it breaks the rules

patr1ckotg1.png