Runescape Night-Day mode + You think Jagex planning this?

Dire_Wolf

I like the idea in theory. The more realism the better.

Although, here's a problem you may not have considered: What if you're in the wilderness, say, during the daytime, and you log out. When you come back hours or days later, you won't know what time it is (this could be solved by a game clock on the main site). You're left with a choice, either go it dangerously into the night, or log out and wait until daylight.

I'd love to see a solution other than carrying a light source with you at all times. I would find that annoying.

Okay, how about this.

A lumbridge home port like spell that lights up the area around you for 5 minutes, takes 30 minutes to recharge. Problem solved.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Merciful: Here's how the "Gear" will be. As you can see, i am using a "Candle" in "Light Slot"....

inventoryqt1.png

I don't get how this will affect the game in anyway. The best light sources are cheap as hell (AND THEY LAST FOREVER). Also you can take the light source off and on, and if you need "Spesific" light source as you say for certain quests. Then you do that...

But i still don't get what you meant dude. This will be more realistic. Also again: here is how "Night" will be or should be!

So if someone gets lost in Wildy, it won't be "PITCH DARK".....

[hide=Show]2121312sk8.png[/hide]

I like the idea of having night and day and I hope that Jagex will implement it (sould be quite easy with the new graphics). A cycle of 3 hours day followed by 1 hours night works quite well (I used to play a game called Ashen Empires that had this cycle). The "night" in this game was equivalent to a moonlight night where you could see things close by, but as you looked further it got darker and darker, until things were just a shadow, but it was never pitch black so that you could not see anything. Obviously it also had lights which you could use to improve visibility, but you could still see to a certain extent without lights.

Also, having a night/day cycle would enable "special" night time monsters, perhaps dropping night vision specs.

In addition to night/day cycles how about seasons? I would love to see a snow covered Varrock, or even a rain soaked Al-Kharid (its annual shower of rain).

If you can weild a light source such as a candle or lantern then whats the incentive to get to a higher level so u can wear a miners helmet?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

If you can weild a light source such as a candle or lantern then whats the incentive to get to a higher level so u can wear a miners helmet?

Higher level light sources could be brighter and still avoid explosions like they do today in lumby swamp caves. Of course they would be safer from going out/being put out by monsters and last longer, if this is implemented.

You're right about the miners helmet though, if we got a light source slot, it would becom useless - except you could wield helmet and normal lightsource together, which would create daylight at nighttime! 8-)

Schedl.png

Schedl.png

Schedl.png

nah, I don't think too dark. But I think personally they won't implement this because having fires light up a place at night would be murder when it comes to people spamming them in varrok, especially the g.e. at night. Massive lag right there. And if you get a couple people doing it, you could call it a night. Now with light sources, imaging 200 people holding a torch in one area. Think about the lag there and combining it with the pyromaniacs mentioned above, we got a blue screen of death probably.

I notice how nice the Campfire at Rimmington near Chemist was...

23ta7.png

It looks like evening because in daylight it wouldn't be possible to to see the light emitted from the flames. The option of night seems pointless because I wouldn't see the detail. If it was to be brought in, Jagex would have to allow it to be optional.

RSN: Kingdom196.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/5827/nighthn1.png

Too dark? :?

Night would either not look light night at all, or make things too dark. Even with a light source, you wouldn't be able to see far, which would just be annoying.

I don't know about you, but that looks hawt! <3:

j0xPu5R.png

Well, about the lag. Other player's lights would not emit anything, only yours would. This would not only reduce lag but be easier to program as well.

Also, how about a "create light" spell similar to the Lumbridge teleport? You could only use it once every 30 min in case you lose your light source or forget one. It would last 15 minutes. This way, if you got stuck in, say, the wildy at night, you could still see long enough to run out.

Goten6456.png

Now, most of us dont have a problem with distinguishing RS from reality, and we all know that if you hit someone with an axe in real life they dont drop 3gp and some bones then respawn a few seconds later.

I could post in suggestions... ;) but I would need permission from the topic starter and all the example people. ;)

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

I though about this alot during the graphics update. But now with it, i think it is possible and should be done. However you should be able to choose it you want it or not, like a option.

Who knows, if it does happen i wonder how that game will look then...

-Haseo

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

How many people do actually use Miners helmet? If you ask me....the number is small.

I have yet to see in "Help and Advice" about someone asking "How good is Minerhelmet?" or anything about it.

But then again, all wearing low light sources: provide low brightness and area..

Wearing higher level: provides brighter and bigger light area. ;)

"Night mode will be too dark! ITS TO DARK!"

Let me remind you that these screenshots on this thread is posted by me, edited by other forum users to illustrate. Night mode will have a "Blue" colour, black will merely be there. AND AGAIN THESE ARE SCREENSHOTS ME AND OTHER FORUM USERS HAVE POSTED, JAGEX CAN MAKE THIS WAY BETTER THAN THESE!

To be honest I hope that JAGeX does not make this. If they do it should be an optional feature in the game, as if you are actually playing at night then you want as much light as you can possible get, not end up squinting at the screen and getting head aches.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Hmm... we already do have an option of making your screen darker... and if this was made, it has to be optional with timezones and such.

To be honest I hope that JAGeX does not make this. If they do it should be an optional feature in the game, as if you are actually playing at night then you want as much light as you can possible get, not end up squinting at the screen and getting head aches.

You two should read through thread more, if you do you will read that light sources will be used to "Light up" Certain area of where your character is at. Also The "Night" will be merely Dark. It will be mostly Blue!

a rather intruiging idea indeed, and i think ive got a solution fot the whole timezone problem: Make a whole day last 2 -4 hours (2 i think is teh best) so anyone who plays longer could see morning , evening, day and night pass. Similiar thing has been introduced into soem other mmo games. and of course they could make servers that are "normal" with only everlasting day , like now.

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.