"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

I feel like a Nike commercial right now :D

Just do it! ;)

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I only said ask because she's already said 'No' once but if she's giving off as much indication as you say, then yeah don't bother. Just do it if it feels right. Communication is two-thirds body language, so they say. ;)

Heck, I can tell, I got my first self-initiated kiss just 3 weeks ago, it ain't anything special. In my case it was a good-bye kiss aswell.

But one thing NOT to do is keep pushing, if she has said no. OR try that first kiss while so drunk that you cannot remember parts of the evening. Make it so drunk that you can't remember anything or so drunk that you still can remember anything. The most embarrasing thing you can say is "I think we kissed last night, I remember you said something, but I can't remember what it was".

Needless to say, I sucked at it and got rejected, but still, I got over it in a week. Only reason I haven't done anything since is that I have been home 3 days over the last 3 weeks and as such my life has been too hectic to think about anything.

But yeah, JUST DO IT!

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Sometimes I think you guys are just trolling/nitpicking/playing dumb for the sake of argument lol. I mean seriously Ginger, do you REALLY think touching a girl on the back or holding her hand is complicated? Do you really think it's difficult to grasp that the more you touch someone, the more receptive they'll be to more touching/kissing?

If you guys are having a hard time wrapping your head around a simple concept like that, then this thread's visitors are worse than I thought lol

77yLQy8.png

@muggi I don't think it's complicated, I think it's something that can be over-complicated by someone who lacks the confidence and practice to pull it off.

• Like 3

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Noxx, you crazy bastard hahaha. Sounds like you were having fun. I'd have worked the green card excuse. Not as emotionally heavy as a dead wife, and your foreign. Woulda worked great.

Anytime Kalphite :P

I can't seem to have the first kiss with the girl I like. I feel like she wants me too, and I know I want to, but I can never find a good moment/alone. I tried to kiss her once a couple months ago and she kind of moved out of the way so I respected that but now I know that she wants me to kiss her. Any advice?

Stop over romanticizing moments. Everyday is full of moments. Hundreds of them, and the more time you sit around thinking about it, the more moments you're missing. Yeah special occasions like New Years are fun and good, but it's just another day. We only make it special because we think of it as such. A first kiss creates a new "special" day. The first time you kissed her. And why is today not as good for that purpose as a holiday? It's not. You just think it is because of Hallmark. If she truly wants it, and you truly want it, create a scenario where it's appropriate. A good night kiss, truth or dare, a date, spin the bottle, there's many angles you could use pending your personality and hers. I'm gonna take a wild stab and peg you for a good night kisser. Take her some place you both like, make her feel wanted(read: hand holding/hugging/locked arms/etc) and go for it.

• Like 2

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

@muggi I don't think it's complicated, I think it's something that can be over-complicated by someone who lacks the confidence and practice to pull it off.

Its called chemistry by mainstream dating advice.

Don't ask her for her permission, that turns off a lot of women. Just go for it.

The more you've been touching her (and she's been touching you) prior to the kiss, the greater the odds of her wanting to kiss you. Think about it. If you've been holding her hand and rubbing her back for the past hour, and then go in for a kiss, don't you think she'll be a bit more receptive than if you haven't been touching her at all?

You can tell her that you want to kiss her if you want her to have some warning. And yes touching her and her being receptive to it is important. It isn't complicated, women feel this. Its called chemistry in women's dating magazines. This is how you build chemistry or filter out incompatibility.

9th January, 2013 - Relationship advice log

• When attempting to flirt, do NOT ask a girl whether they're going to a strip club later.
  • Should you ignore this advice, and you have been promptly ignored by said girl, do NOT ask whether they would like to go the strip club after you've taken them for some chicken wings in a tacky chain restaurant. [1]

• Like 1

9th January, 2013 - Relationship advice log

• When attempting to flirt, do NOT ask a girl whether they're going to a strip club later.
  • Should you ignore this advice, and you have been promptly ignored by said girl, do NOT ask whether they would like to go the strip club after you've taken them for some chicken wings in a tacky chain restaurant. [1]

Addendum:

• Do NOT attempt to use this as a method of bringing up that you'd like a her to give you a lap dance.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

10th January, 2013 - Relationship advice log

• If you're trying to chat up a girl by calling them "sexy", and they turn you down, don't take it personally. It's simply because you're not interesting, and they don't want to have sex with you.
  • No, really... they don't... move on.
  • Oh, you still think they do? Well, in that case, do NOT call them "[bleep]s", and then proceed to spit at them when they return the hostilities.
  • If a passerby observes that your approach may be counterproductive, do NOT spit at them too and then punch them for sharing their concerns.[2]

Sounds like you had a hell of a night Ging lol

related note: I've been invited to strip clubs by girls*. All of which were attractive and occurred on separate occasions.

*really wild awesome girls.

One of the girls in my class went to a strip club with her best friends on her 18th birthday.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Sounds like you had a hell of a night Ging lol

Not my night, read the link. Dappy from N-Dubz who's facing an assault charge (for punching the passerby who was defending the girls). To be fair, he's a complete [bleep] anyway.

I know girls go to strip clubs, it's just not you'd ask someone outright and expect a decent chance of getting a result from. :P

One of the girls in my class went to a strip club with her best friends on her 18th birthday.

For girls, I'd say this is more of a gag gift thing. Not that we can't enjoy it, but I seriously doubt your going to run into a group of girls who have a real hankering to visit the strip club every week. It's the sort of thing that would happen to you on your birthday, not a random thursday night.

Also a thought. If your talking to the pretty girls at the bar, the ones whom other guys would compliment on their looks, be original. Talk about something else. One of the easiest ways to stand out is to think about what every other guy in the bar started with that evening, and take a different angle. If shes still there, chances are the other approach wasn't working, so you don't really have much to lose.

Was at my friend's apartment last night with his girlfriend. They had me watch some TV show called Rules of Engagement. The show centered around two couples (one engaged, one married) and a single guy. The engaged couple follows the usual modern Hollywood archetype of the smart, strong, independent woman constantly rolling her eyes at her dim-witted fiancee's wimpy, idiotic behavior. The single dude was portrayed as a womanizer, and therefore was also portrayed as unhappy, insecure, and afraid of settling down in order to find "true happiness." I can almost guarantee that by the end of the series, they'll have him fall in love with some girl and get married to her, putting his "childish ways" behind him.

My friends asked me why I didn't like it. I told them I'd probably have to be in a relationship in order to "appreciate" it :P

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

Heaven forbid Hollywood portray relationships in some kind of normal way. You know, where both parties have faults (but not to comedic excess) and can get angry with each other and then resolve it without violence/infidelity/misguided pranks. TV producers do realize that not every woman is either an ad exec or waitress, right? That men can have both brains and brawn without having to sacrifice one for the other? That confident and self-assured people are not always conceited jerks? That someone can live by themselves without some burning desire to be in a relationship (without being an antisocial, computer obsessed nerd)?

Is it any wonder that people are confused on how relationships really work? Their parents try to tell them one thing, while everything they see on TV or in movies tells them another.

• Like 3

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Rules of engagement is horribly written. And David Spade's only acceptable role in anything is the bum older brother in 8 Simple Rules. If you're looking for a good newly weds/classic independent woman dominated veteran marriage show go watch 'Til Death. Has the guy from American Pie. and Ray Romano's partner.

Obviously Muggi has nothing going for him but his looks.

• Like 1

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.