"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

And I got out of that situation. We both did. We never hung out alone. I'm surprised that self control doesn't come standard with you people

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

And I got out of that situation. We both did. We never hung out alone. I'm surprised that self control doesn't come standard with you people

Self control doesn't "come standard" with anyone. It's something that you have to constantly work at.

Just my opinion, but if you got to the point where you were actively discussing being in a relationship with another woman, you didn't have anywhere near a sufficient amount of self control.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Self control doesn't "come standard" with anyone. It's something that you have to constantly work at.

Just my opinion, but if you got to the point where you were actively discussing being in a relationship with another woman, you didn't have anywhere near a sufficient amount of self control.

Eh, I'd agree with you here if it wasn't for the fact that they were just on a trip together. I think a lot of people would use the trip as an opportunity to cheat and then somehow convince themselves that it "doesn't matter" or "doesn't count." Since it's impossible for him to really stay in contact with her, and he never actually made any moves or anything like that, I don't really see anything wrong here-- no lapse of self-control imo. It'd be different if he was acting this way towards a girl that he works with or frequently comes into contact with, but I imagine such a situation would never occur in the first place due to self-control. In other words, I think they both understood that there was no chance of anything real actually happening between them since they were just on a trip together.

BUT, with that said, I won't be surprised if this has some subtle effects (for better or for worse) on Gabe's relationship now that he has proof that women besides his girlfriend would like to have him as a boyfriend.

77yLQy8.png

Eh, I'd agree with you here if it wasn't for the fact that they were just on a trip together. I think a lot of people would use the trip as an opportunity to cheat and then somehow convince themselves that it "doesn't matter" or "doesn't count." Since it's impossible for him to really stay in contact with her, and he never actually made any moves or anything like that, I don't really see anything wrong here-- no lapse of self-control imo. It'd be different if he was acting this way towards a girl that he works with or frequently comes into contact with, but I imagine such a situation would never occur in the first place due to self-control. In other words, I think they both understood that there was no chance of anything real actually happening between them since they were just on a trip together.

BUT, with that said, I won't be surprised if this has some subtle effects (for better or for worse) on Gabe's relationship now that he has proof that women besides his girlfriend would like to have him as a boyfriend.

Certainly he did exhibit self control, but it seems as though it was more "the opportunity not being right" than anything.

Directly acknowledging your feelings for someone is a big step...and that doesn't come without a lot of flirting and shared intimacy, which is what should have been avoided.

As for the effect on his current relationship, that's up to how he acts.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I had a few drinks with this student.

Where the bloody [bleep] do such people come from?
So hard-working, tidy, orderly.

She is one year younger than I am. And she had never drank this much beer before. And that was like 100 cc's. She has lived a year in Oslo, and she has never been on a single night out in Oslo.

She is my only contact to the outside world and tonight she only spoke and spoke and spoke.

I have noticed her smiling nearly every time she looks at me and she touches me quite often on the shoulder or at the knee, when sitting, but I still can't tell if she is into me or if it is a cultural thing, since she is the forst foreigner I've thought about and I don't know how things are here. Also, while we spoke, she talked about me brothers and family quite a bit. (we all work there together) Even asked why they weren't there.

I quite like her but I think I have given really mixed messages. Yet I don't know how to make clear my intentions and not offend or scare her somehow.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

>go since whenever the hell i last posted without any remotely attractive tinder matches

>get two hot ones that seem down to meet up the night before i fly out to a music festival for the next five days

gg tinder gods

Im sad not one person got the lost reference

I did. I lol'd, enough that I thought you should know.

Hooked up with a girl from Tinder. Also saw Jurassic World with her, which I probably wouldn't have gotten off my ass to do otherwise. So, wins all around.

• Like 2

p2gq.jpg

Certainly he did exhibit self control, but it seems as though it was more "the opportunity not being right" than anything.

Directly acknowledging your feelings for someone is a big step...and that doesn't come without a lot of flirting and shared intimacy, which is what should have been avoided.

I think some of you are really reading into this too much. Like way too much.

We weren't really actually considering doing anything either. We didn't consider dating. We just acknowledged the fact that we were compatible.

I Only did it because it was the end of the trip and I speak my mind. It has no effect on my relationship and I already know I can get other women. I was the guy surrounded by women during that trip. I'm also a sexy man :twss:

• Like 2

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I think some of you are really reading into this too much. Like way too much.

We weren't really actually considering doing anything either. We didn't consider dating. We just acknowledged the fact that we were compatible.

I Only did it because it was the end of the trip and I speak my mind. It has no effect on my relationship and I already know I can get other women. I was the guy surrounded by women during that trip. I'm also a sexy man :twss:

but did you have proof (not evidence) that other women want to be your girlfriend prior to this?

77yLQy8.png

I have had an off and on thing with a certain girl a few times over the course of the last seven years, beginning when we were in 8th grade. She went to a different school, about 20 min away. The on parts never lasted long, for various reasons. The last couple years, however have been very quiet on that front. We went to separate schools and haven't had much contact since, other than one lunch last summer. We went to a baseball game last night on a whim. We're both sort of coming out of break ups, which reinforced that we were just going as friends. After the game, we went to my high school's football field and walked the track for awhile. Long story short, things got a little more than friendly (which I should've seen coming but didn't). Anyway, I don't know how I feel about it, nor do I know what I want. I feel pretty emotionally unavailable currently, and she does as well, as far as I can tell. I just don't want to connect with someone right now. But I feel she's the one I'd make an exception for. On the way home, I told her I didn't want this to turn into anything big right away, and she was pretty understanding. I also told her that I didn't want to just go our separate ways again and not see each other for a year again. I think we are going to give it a shot, but not right away. My plan is to have fun the rest of summer, and then maybe see what she's up to come September.

Life, man.

Do you still live with them? Cause that could get weird

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn