"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

Saw Trainwreck tonight. Funny movie but

[hide]

It ended exactly as I predicted it would (unfortunately). The main character who grows up thinking that monogamy is unrealistic ends up settling down with the nice guy and the movie ends while they're still both wildly in love with each other. After their big fight before they predictably reunite at the end, she even tells her married sister "I'm broken. I need help. I'm afraid of commitment and the only reason I'm not settling down is because I'm afraid to. Please help me!" Ugh lol. Aside from the jokes, the movie's a gold mine full of misinformation about stuff like that. At one point she "romantically" tells the nice guy "I guess all this partying and casual sex with lots of dudes has just been practice for the big event. Now it's time for the real thing with you!" Yeah I'm sure she won't ever cheat on him or get bored of him... :|

[/hide]

77yLQy8.png

Girl I'm talking to is so incredibly different over text as opposed to in person. It's puzzling. In person she's always psyched and over text she's boring AF. Like to the point it's a chore just to text and organize a meet

I think most people have a different way of communicating when it comes to text vs in person. Maybe they just really hate texting? Try calling them instead of texting them when you want to set up dates or w/e.

I mean, I know that my texting vocabulary and demeanor is extremely different than it is in person.

• Like 1

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

A large part of texting and phone conversations that is really unhealthy is the fact that you can't read someone's body language. You can't tell if someone is really bored or upset about the topic unless they explicitly tell you so. I know I've had some really angry text conversations before where both parties took things too far since they didn't really know when to stop due to a lack of in person communication. 

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

[bleep] texting. You date the person not their texts

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Texting is a part of communication. All you need to do is learn the other person's style of texting and if something is unclear, you ask them. It's pretty basic. 

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

[bleep] texting.

I have to rely on it, but you can never get any good out of it, except setting up meetings.

Can only mess up stuff.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Texting is a part of communication. All you need to do is learn the other person's style of texting and if something is unclear, you ask them. It's pretty basic. 

This is pretty true. If you know a person for long enough, texting almost becomes as natural as a face-to-face conversation. "Natural" really isn't the right word but you'll have an idea of her mood/tone just by what she says. Me and my ex, for example. I knew that she only said certain things when she was unhappy. Or what she would say when she was pretending to be excited about something. Or whatever. Yeah, body language is a big part of communication. But i think the longer you know someone, the less important it gets with certain matters. 

With that said, i'm not a big fan of texting either. Especially not in the beginning phases of a relationship. I find it a tedious chore, and i'd rather prefer to avoid making it a habit.

Iirc you're in a long distance relationship?

Iirc you're in a long distance relationship?

That's correct. 

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Not a good time of year. Prime tinder season is Sept-november and then again april-june

• Like 4

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn