"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

Sometimes I'll ask a girl, "So how's OKC/POF/Tinder treating you?" They'll almost always say something along the lines of, "it sucks, too many creeps. what about you?" I say, "That sucks, I've been having a ton of fun with it."-- implying that I date a lot and I'm successful with it

Sometimes they question me when I say that, so I respond with a mini-speech that works like a charm (only used it like 3 or 4 times but it's always led to a date). Text conversation from this evening:

Her: Curious, if you've been having such a blast doesn't that contradict your profile in that you're looking for something serious?

Me: I date a lot and I've been having a lot of fun along the way while I look for something serious. In my experience, most people tend to jump right into a serious relationship and settle down with the first person that comes along. But I don't think you can truly get to know someone until about 6 months since people tend to put on their best behavior when they're first dating. So far I've yet to meet someone worth committing to.

Her: Nailed it.

Getting coffee with her tonight :P

77yLQy8.png

Nice, but its unlike you to imply you want something serious

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I made the mistake of posting in a reddit Change My View thread on relationships. I forgot how difficult it is to convey my beliefs to someone who's never been exposed to such beliefs before lol. Oh well, never doing that again :D

Muggi, even at your worst you are better than the most coherent and mature /r/TRP poster, considering you share a lot of similar viewpoints on self improvement, relationships, and division and control. (Which is not to say that these viewpoints are bad, but holy [bleep] a lot of those chaps are their own worst enemies there.)

hzvjpwS.gif

TRP is like the extremist version of anti feminism

Yeah but then youre paying to date online

just got a text from a girl

"hey muggi it's Alyssa. so i definitely thought you meant next week and I just saw this and you probably think I'm the literal worst"

WOW. what a [bleep]. so sick and tired of this shit.

lol jk, I don't remember which one she is >_> Yeah I definitely need to go back to using my calendar :lol:

77yLQy8.png

Using a calendar is good for everything, not just dates. I try to put every single thing I have to do in one...I can't remember the last time I missed an obligation like that.

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I used my ipod as a calender more than I did for a music device in college. Calendars are great.

I have never used a calendar.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Sometimes I'll ask a girl, "So how's OKC/POF/Tinder treating you?" They'll almost always say something along the lines of, "it sucks, too many creeps. what about you?" I say, "That sucks, I've been having a ton of fun with it."-- implying that I date a lot and I'm successful with it

Sometimes they question me when I say that, so I respond with a mini-speech that works like a charm (only used it like 3 or 4 times but it's always led to a date). Text conversation from this evening:

Her: Curious, if you've been having such a blast doesn't that contradict your profile in that you're looking for something serious?

Me: I date a lot and I've been having a lot of fun along the way while I look for something serious. In my experience, most people tend to jump right into a serious relationship and settle down with the first person that comes along. But I don't think you can truly get to know someone until about 6 months since people tend to put on their best behavior when they're first dating. So far I've yet to meet someone worth committing to.

Her: Nailed it.

Getting coffee with her tonight :P

ended up going out with this girl last night. met her at a "kava" bar (her suggestion). drank some weird stuff that tasted like dirt water.

she had dark hair in her OKC profile pic but when we met up she'd dyed her hair blonde. she asked me if I liked her hair, I gave her the usual too-cool-for-school "meh, ask me again later :)" response while I ran my fingers through her hair. I didn't really do a whole lot of touching on this date-- maybe I was just exhausted or maybe it was the dirt water but I was a lot quieter and chill than I normally am on my dates. I guess it worked out for the better. there were a lot of silences in the conversation, we didn't really talk a whole lot. I was kind of zoning out so the silences didn't bother me, I'd just wait for her to try and continue the conversation.

I asked her the usual, "so have you been dating a lot or a little lately?" then I asked her when her last serious relationship was, how long it lasted, etc. Then I asked her if the sex got boring after a while, if he made her [bleep] very often, how she usually cums, what her favorite positions are, etc. I could tell she was getting turned on talking about that stuff. She asked me if I was a "sexual person." uhh, yeah! she asked me if I was just looking for sex, I told her a relationship w/o sex isn't a very healthy relationship she agreed. After a few moments of silence, she said, "Whew, well I'm glad we talked about this! :)"

I looked at her again and ran my fingers through her hair and moved her hair so I could touch her earrings and asked her about them while I caressed her ear. She gave me a look and said, "I kinda wanna get out of here." I agreed, she asked me what I wanted to do. she'd been talking about how much she loves horror movies earlier so I said "let's go watch a horror movie." she asked where, I said my place. She said ok. :D I went to the bathroom and came back, she proposed we go to her house instead. I agreed, she started rubbing my shoulder and then we headed out and I followed her back to her place.

got to her place, I played w/ her pet bird for a little bit, then we went out on her balcony and she put her arm around me so I kissed her for a little bit... except I was about to pee my pants so I awkwardly was like "so uh where's your bathroom :D" I used her bathroom and that annoying thing happened where two streams of piss came out so I was like peeing all over her toilet, on the floor, on her bathtub, on my face, etc. had to wipe it all up afterwards. I made myself lol

ANYWAYS. sat next to her on the couch while she put on a scary movie. since we'd already been touching and I'd already briefly kissed her I pretty much just grabbed her and started making out w/ her as soon as the movie started. everytime I'd go for her boob she'd resist, though. so I'd just go back to watching the movie until she'd try and make out again. Eventually the movie was over and I wasn't getting anywhere so I said "it's getting late, I should head out." she tried kissing me again before I left, so I figured "Alright maybe now I'll get somewhere" nope. still didn't make any progress. so I was about to head out and she invited me to stay the night. once again I was thinking, "alright maybe now I'll get somewhere" nope. we're in bed together and she's cuddling against me, falling asleep. ffffuuuuu--

I have vivid flashbacks to my inexperienced youth when I was in the same situation. As much as I'd love to spend the night cuddling with her since she's really hot, I've learned that that's the kiss of death lol. she's going to be an FB which means spending the night is BAAAAAD and I don't want to lead her on. so I just get up out of bed and say "I'm really not that tired, I'm gonna go home so I'm not stuck laying awake for the next couple of hours." she says ok. I give her a kiss goodbye and then I head out. she was giving me this "I'm so into you" look when I left her place. feels good man.

got a text from her while I was driving home, "you left one of your condoms here." I respond "lol whoops."

I'll shoot her a text later today and try to meet up w/ her again either tomorrow or monday

Things that worked:

- running my fingers through her hair

- remaining relaxed and non-needy, almost to the point where I was just completely apathetic

- getting her talking about her sex life and her sexual preferences, in detail

- pitching the horror movie instead of just going to a bar or something stupid

- assuming that she's interested in me

- being unapologetically sexual

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

If you were actually drinking something made with kava, that was what caused your boring conversation. A quick google search says that it causes drowsiness. 

• Like 1

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”