"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

For a one off one night stand type thing? Age hardly matters. Thats just carpe diem. But don't go dating 18 year old girls when youre 23. Thats just weird.

why is it weird? I'd agree there are issues that arise with an age gap like that, but I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with it.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I suppose I have an undercut. I cut my own hair though so I didn't know that's what it was called.

Every hairstyle will eventually go out of fashion. The only thing that makes sense to do is follow the trend and don't get too embarrassed later.

polvCwJ.gif

An undercut is simply short on the sides and longer on top. It's a pretty classic haircut that has been around for decades. It's just particularly trendy now (well, more like 3 years ago honestly). It's really not a mullet equivalent, a more recent equivalent of that would be the topknot. 

And I always think the argument about cringing at one's old photos because of a particular style is stupid anyways. You're just judging yourself against a different time period's standards. Chances are if you're cringing now, you looked cool back then.

Honestly, there is no style that is universal enough that it won't look out of place some day.  You just have to roll with that shit.

Anyways, I hooked up with that girl.  Might not have been the right thing to do, but whatever.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I'd say it depends on the age difference. 18 is the lowest I would date right now and even then I'd be reluctant. But if I were already 22+... Age difference would be more than a fifth of her life, that would be odd and I'd feel like I'd be taking advantage.

Right now, am 21 and dating a 19-year old.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Mine is a grown out undercut now, so really just short on the sides long on top.  I had the sides shaved down to a 1 for summer, but I haven't cut it since then and I'm probably not going to go that short again until it starts to warm back up.

15cbz0y.jpg

Undercut here. Shit is timeless. You can see people as far back as world war 2 rocking it

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I had a date tonight but I don't think it went very well. I did all the touching and stuff but she didn't seem very into it at all. Getting her to talk about anything was a chore and it was hard to converse without bombarding her with questions. I had to end the date early because I literally could not get this girl to talk about anything, and I'm supposed to be the quiet, asocial loner that hates the sound of my own voice. This was probably a case of just her not being into me but I feel like I should have been able to get her to talk more. Any advice for the future?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I loathe undercuts and am definitely not gonna get one.

I usually just shave my head once it gets too long. Too long is after about every 2-3 months.

Easy to dry off, looks good, needs no maintenance.

But this autumn I started shaving my chin again. [bleep]ing hate it, I am too lazy. But I keep getting compliments, after having a beard for 2 years.

And I haven't had an awkward date yet. I don't really date that often either though.

One thing that might help is that with one exception I have always only tried girls out of my league. Which means I haven't tried that many.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

This post previously contained me complaining about you guys giving me false hope. For the sake of closure, I'll tell you that I went out with the girl on Monday and that it was bad.

They won't all be good. The important thing is that you tried, and can learn from it. The next one will almost certainly go better.

• Like 2

polvCwJ.gif

This post previously contained me complaining about you guys giving me false hope. For the sake of closure, I'll tell you that I went out with the girl on Monday and that it was bad.

False hope for what? What exactly were you expecting to happen?

As a beginner, it's generally better to go into these kinds of situations with learning as your main priority, as opposed to success. If you expect to get laid or get a girlfriend on every date, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment if/when things don't go your way. Better to always ask yourself what you could've done differently and then do things differently next time until you can consistently behave in a way that will lead to success.

Like ch'boi young obfuscator y'know'm said, it's good that you're trying and that you're intentionally putting yourself into uncomfortable and unfamiliar situations. That takes a lot of balls. The vast majority of the population is unwilling to do that, but you're willing. Good job.

• Like 2

77yLQy8.png

Going on a date at all is a form of success

So my girlfriend and I are going pretty steady now. We exchanged "i love you"s for the first time 2 or 3 weeks or so ago and seem to be a great match for each other. we talk about the future a lot, and can envision each other living together and being with each other for quite a while. we're both really happy with each other.

there's one problem that kind of gets us both down about the relationship however, and that's the fact that she had a back and neck injury a few months ago that has turned out to be relatively serious. because of this, she simply doesn't have the energy or physical capability to do much. she just has to lie down and ice her back and rest a lot, which of course is completely understandable because it's what she needs to do to heal.

this is unfortunate for both of us, for her obviously because she's always in a lot of pain, but also because she feels guilty for me being in a relationship with someone who can't really do too much sustained activity of any sort. and it does sort of suck on my end. she's expressed sadness over that, saying stuff like how she thinks i could be better off spending time with some non-injured girl. i love spending time with her, but sitting around inside watching netflix before her shortly falling asleep while i'm lying there bored isn't exactly my idea of fun. this is also affecting our sex life in the sense that, naturally, she's both a lot less enthusiastic and capable of sex than she used to be. again, this is perfectly understandable, it's just a bit frustrating since her "needs" are not in alignment with my own. i think this is also coinciding a bit with us gradually starting to fall out of the honeymoon phase. 

she's been going to a chiropractor, which doesn't seem to really be doing all that much. she's finally getting an MRI soon since she showed no significant healing over time, so that should probably give a better idea as to when this'll all start to clear up hopefully. 

i guess this is just a mix of me ranting and asking for advice. we both want to spend the same amount of time together and stuff, but the current situation just leaves the two of us a bit frustrated and wishing things were more fun.

well there's definitely hope for improvement, it's just going to take 2 or 3 months or so to heal i'd assume. we're both still happy overall, it's more of this extended yet temporary thing that's kind of put a damper on stuff. neither of us have any intention to break up, it's more of a matter of how to make things easier during this period of time.

How long have you been dating? And if you can wait for 3 months who cares. Also, if you really plan on being 2gethr 5ever youre going to have to deal with this sort of thing repeatedly. You know how often old people crap their pants?

How long have you been dating? And if you can wait for 3 months who cares. Also, if you really plan on being 2gethr 5ever youre going to have to deal with this sort of thing repeatedly. You know how often old people crap their pants?

gotta get a some of that wife [kitty] (NSFW)

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

Not in every case, but like 98/100

I can agree with this. It's mostly the issue of maturity. Obviously age =/= maturity since I've dated girls who have been ridiculously immature (you know the whole public attention seeking bullshit). It's clear to me now I don't want that kind of relationship. I want someone who is mature and not someone who is still stuck in the high school mentality.

j0xPu5R.png

In my case, I've literally only met this girl twice.  She seems super chill and relatively mature for her age, but again I certainly don't know enough to really make that call yet.  I can't say I'm planning on dating her though, not after the minimal time we've spent together at least.

I told my friends (I called a friend to ask his opinion since I trust his judgement and he would be honest with me if he thought I was doing something wrong), and they actually didn't rip on my about it too much.  I'm going to a party this weekend that she will be at and so will some of my friends, so I'm going to get their opinion on the situation again after they meet her.

I'm personally not too worried about myself in this situation, I really just don't want to be abusing a power dynamic or whatever.  But I'm going to kind of see how things go first before committing to any level of involvement.

(Also it's not like she's the only person out there that I have some sort of positive feeling toward.  We just hit it off better than I have with anyone else in a while.)

15cbz0y.jpg