"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

Are you boys trying to say that no one from Runescape ever dated irl? lol k.

Btw, back in '09 I dumped my irl bf to train Agility...and eventually wound up with an Agility bf. So everything worked out.

It is better to get to know someone by spending thousands of hours with them in a game, than dating some random ass person you met at a bar or found by reading a profile on a dating site tbh.

• Like 1

Are you boys trying to say that no one from Runescape ever dated irl? lol k.

Btw, back in '09 I dumped my irl bf to train Agility...and eventually wound up with an Agility bf. So everything worked out.

It is better to get to know someone by spending thousands of hours with them in a game, than dating some random ass person you met at a bar or found by reading a profile on a dating site tbh.

I won't discuss your unhealthy decisions (bolded), but regarding the second, invalid comparison:

Spending thousands of hours with someone in person is a better comparison to spending thousands of hours with someone in a video game (and you'll find you know the former much better than the latter, all things said and done). Alternatively, you can compare just meeting someone in a video game to just meeting someone in real life. You can't compare them otherwise, it's not valid or sensible. Otherwise, I could use a question like "How much oranges do I need to buy from the store so 2 + 2 = 4?" to prove sound fiscal responsibility... oh wait, I can't.

Like I said, e-dating is over there ---->.

ozXHe7P.png

I'm not talking about e-dating. I'm talking about ppl who have spent a lot of time ingame with each who eventually wound up dating irl, or living together irl, some of them even getting married.

You know there are plenty of cases where that has happened......right?

Exceptions to a rule are simply exceptions to a rule. They aren't sufficient evidence of success or that a rule/guideline/suggestion isn't generally right. Many people seem to make this mistake, commonly in informal discussions ("This guy was homeless and he didn't except a DIME OF GOVERNMENT AID and now he's a CEO, so anyone can do it!!!!!!!!!! HELPING THE POOR IS BAD!!!!!!!" and infinite more from there). Apparently, so have you.

ozXHe7P.png

"I'm talking about ppl.."

I should've clarified with a quantifier & said, "Some ppl..."

Anyway, those "Some ppl" are generally the ones who trained the slow skills in the game, but they did not e-date in the game - that was the period during which they got to know each other well.

Ive heard of world of watercraft clansmen meeting in real life and then dating, but runescape? Pffft. Never happens.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

"I'm talking about ppl.."

I should've clarified with a quantifier & said, "Some ppl..."

Anyway, those "Some ppl" are generally the ones who trained the slow skills in the game, but they did not e-date in the game - that was the period during which they got to know each other well.

want to get the ore out of my rocks?

• Like 2

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Fun fact:

My class teacher met her American husband in EVE Online while studying in the US.

Afaik they are still together. In Estonia.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

@Saradomin: Yeah, that website

Thanks for the support, everybody. The girl from the dance club actually offered to reschedule for Monday the day after I made that post, which seems kind of weird, but I can't figure out why she'd do that instead of just saying "No" if she knew she was going to see me again on Monday anyway. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

I also went to a club for the first time in my life on Friday and that went pretty much as well as you would expect something like that to go for someone with negligible social skills. I also managed to somehow pay $29 for two shots of fireball and two bud lights (All for me!). I think my wallet is more disappointed in me than I am. Now that I think about it, I brought $40 with me and the shots were $5 each and the bud lights were $4 each, so I don't know where the rest of my money went. Oh well

Unrelated: I got a haircut and there was a slight miscommunication with the barber, so now I'm rockin' an undercut.

Don't think so bloody much about it!

Let it flow.

If she even wanted to reschedule, that means she is interested. Otherwise she wouldn't have contacted again.

Last night, as I was hanging out with 2 blokes I came from a friend's birthday with, a drunk girl came out of a bar. She asked us to kiss her. When we hesitated, she followed up by asking who has a girlfriend and who hasn't. She wasn't the best looking so I said so-so and rejected her, but she did kiss one dude I was out with. And then she complained that she really wanted to kiss me, because she thought I was really hot. And right after that started apologizing to the one dude she hadn't kissed aswell that she didn't mean it like he was ugly.

Now I haven't been called smoking hot before, feels awesome.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

I [bleep]ing love a quote that my mate uses a lot. Every time someone's talking about girls, actually.

As a bit of a background, he outmuggi's muggi. I have seen him get threesomes and he was sooooo bloody close to getting a foursome with three girls.

Mate woke up in a philosophy department's library with a girl sucking him off. He has no connection to philosophy department.

But well, that was random the quote is as follows:

Confidence is the [bleep]ing key to everything and confidence is the key to [bleep]ing everything.

It is one word that is censored in both sentences.

As some guys have said, when you go out, simply think that everyone likes you until visibly shown otherwise.

It [bleep]ing works.

Of course, you can't get everyone. But it helps so much.

Even the hideous giant yeti that is me is now often called charming and handsome :D

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

There was a How I Met Your Mother episode (remember when we used to reference that show like every page, good times) where Barney told Ted that he bought him a hooker, so Ted took a girl out and got laid. Ted asked her how much it cost, and when she got offended, he got confused. She wasn't a hooker, but because he "assumed the sale" everything went real smooth for him. Act smooth. Be smooth.

Horatio - Clubs arent all that great. Definitly don't waste your money on booze at them anyway. Pregame, then grab a lyft or an uber and go. That way youre already feeling good and at most youll pay cover charge and a single drink or two. I also imagine the rest of your money went to accidental over tipping. I do that all the damn time. 8 or 9 drinks in and I've found myself out over $100 more than once. Whoops.

And undercuts are swell. No biggie

Getting an undercut was actually a big confidence booster for me, I had never had a haircut in any sort of "style" before in my life.  People definitely take notice.  That and cutting my beard off.  Making an appearance change in my experience can be a great way to get out of a rut and feel better about yourself.  I try to mix it up almost yearly now either with haircuts, facial hair, or just clothing.

-----------------

I'm going to tl;dr a story real quick.  Basically went to a ren fair yesterday with some friends and some folks I didn't know.  One of the people I did know brought her sister, whom I had never met before.  We ended up spending pretty much the whole day together, mostly just the two of us.  She was very obviously into me.

The thing is though, she's a freshman in college and 18 years old.  I'm nearly 23 and I'm a college grad.  Also, she goes to college in Vermont, I'm in CT (Although she's from CT too). Also she's the younger sister of a friend.

Essentially, it's a dilemma of whether or not to get involved.  Might end up not being a problem since I might not see her again, but I think there's a decent chance that I might be seeing her again tonight.  She seemed pretty adamant about seeing me again too and told me basically all the times she's going to be around.

She seemed like an awesome girl and I had a great time with her, but I think all of those things might outweigh the positives.  I'm not really looking for advice here as much as I am maybe trying to start a discussion on if age and place in life should be important factors between two otherwise compatible people.

This wasn't as tl;dr as I wanted it to be.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

For a one off one night stand type thing? Age hardly matters. Thats just carpe diem. But don't go dating 18 year old girls when youre 23. Thats just weird.