"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

How long should I wait to find another lady after breaking up with my GF?

You should already have another in the bag before breaking up with your GF

• Like 3

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

When you're ready you're ready. The grace period is a lie.

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Is this thread only about romantic relationships?

Because I seriously wonder how to meet people with similar interests in less diverse portions of the world. I don't think social isolation is doing me any good. But where do I find people who like tech, software development, or literature more than casually? Sites like Meetup are only great in this area if you're religious or a military wife...

ozXHe7P.png

North Carolina is where you live right? Most people blow around you, but I'd say look for conventions and you can find select groups of people that don't suck. When John green had a meet up by Jacksonville ithe was like NC briefly didn't suck.

North Carolina is where you live right? Most people blow around you, but I'd say look for conventions and you can find select groups of people that don't suck. When John green had a meet up by Jacksonville ithe was like NC briefly didn't suck.

Research Triangle of North Carolina (e.g., Raleigh and Durham), or maybe even Charlotte area, would be awesome. North Carolina has a surprisingly good tech sector...

But I live in Fayetteville. There's nothing here, even with a ~200k population. Fort Bragg and Pope Air Force Base are the only reason the area doesn't become a singularity of nothingness. Anywhere interesting is too far away, even with a car. Moving is far too expensive to consider--it would require a full 6-months fund on top of deposits for utilities/rent/etc, and hopefully there's job opportunities or month 7 would be pretty hard...

ozXHe7P.png

Do you not enjoy hanging out with army wives from meetup? Haha

Research Triangle of North Carolina (e.g., Raleigh and Durham), or maybe even Charlotte area, would be awesome. North Carolina has a surprisingly good tech sector...

But I live in Fayetteville. There's nothing here, even with a ~200k population. Fort Bragg and Pope Air Force Base are the only reason the area doesn't become a singularity of nothingness. Anywhere interesting is too far away, even with a car. Moving is far too expensive to consider--it would require a full 6-months fund on top of deposits for utilities/rent/etc, and hopefully there's job opportunities or month 7 would be pretty hard...

http://www.meetup.com/cyburgers/

Looks like this might be up your alley

http://www.meetup.com/cyburgers/

Looks like this might be up your alley

That's a new one. Last time I checked was early March, after I had some work done on my scooter. I probably should have checked again before I posted. There was another tech one, but it was before I had reliable personal transportation and it vanished some year (?) ago for some reason...

@Ring_World, there's a community college but it would be a bit expensive for the purpose of meeting people. I'm looking into approaching social situations partly in order to see how plausible attending with my condition. On reflection, perhaps a class maybe a reasonable test, though it would have to wait a few months until a few hundred wouldn't be financially risky.

ozXHe7P.png

Man that was rough.

I blocked /deleted all of my ex boyfriend's friends except for one that I consider a friend of mine. She messaged me to ask what happened since she only knew that we'd broken up. I pretty much said barely anything in detail I just vaguely said things weren't working. She then attacked me pretty hard and it really upset me, not that she was defending him but I never realised how annoying it is for people to give unwanted opinions on something so raw and is a bit of an emotional hot topic for me so I try to avoid talking about him.

We ended up resolving the issue but I literally will never answer any questions about my ex anymore. It's still volatile for me and I've actually had some progress working on myself and making myself happier but in that moment of being attacked it just felt like going back to square one.

Our uni is such Small world as well Boris lol, everyone knows each other and now the girl is tweeting about me lol. I just have to keep a dignified silence for long enough for it to blow over tbh. I would literally have to sort this out in person but I'd really rather not. I blocked him and all his friends but I'll probably need to block her too because my friends keep linking me her pictures of herself and my ex lol.

Thankfully that didn't actually hurt me as much as I expected it to. You're completely right that the best way forward is looking after myself and that's definitely the focus now

What kind of a [bleep] tweets about a friend's relationship problems?

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Sorry I should have clarified it's his new girlfriend tweeting indirectly about me telling me to address her directly if I have a problem with her and my ex being together. My next course of action is literally to ignore ignore ignore the situation until it goes away.

The situation will go away eventually, hopefully soon but I just need to block it out and remove his name from my vocabulary.

I just need to remember she's being defensive. It looks like she's attacking me but she's just trying to defend her reputation but the more defensive things she posts online, the worse things will get as people eventually forget about things on their own and they will clear up.

She's the one with the murky reputation, not me. If I engage, I'll mess myself up more. There can only be one loser here and it'll be me if I don't just disengage. It just means I have to block a lot more people than I thought I did but that's fine

Should have blocked her too. She sounds shitty.

I know, right. I can be dramatic but I do think she genuinely has the mental age of a teenager. I can't wait to go back to campus to see all my friends again but for now things have to calm down a bit.

yeah i just dont get why an adult would make a big deal over your relationships or comment on their friends relationship and start shit with the ex even if the ex is telling them to do so.

Well, I have never felt like more of a passenger in my own life than right now.

There's a series of heated exchanges going on over twitter perpetuated by the girl. Couple of my friends trolling her, a couple making sarcastic tweets up. They're all angry on my behalf and it's not helping anybody.

I literally don't have Twitter, I haven't said anything on facebook, I've spoken to select friends in a venting fashion but otherwise I don't think I've directly fed the explosion.

I had blocked basically everybody related by that point, but the number keeps on growing and now she thinks people have accused her of being racist it's just a shambles.

Friends who have them on facebook say they've seen the facebook official thing go up with all the comments but she's still ranting and raving on twitter. It just needs to blow over.

The quieter I stay, the better. I really hate social media drama that involves me, I can't hack it.

For real. I would never associate with people that acted like that

My ex used to hang out with people like that. People who would start shit in our relationship. "Oh if my boyfriend did that i would be so mad at him!" The [bleep] was single, and for a good reason. No one could stand being around her crazy shit for longer than a few minutes. But my ex still, for whatever reason, was really good friends with her. Her friend started so much shit between us that i actually had to give her the "Me or her" ultimatum. Even after we broke up this "friend" would still cause drama and talk shit, and my ex still decided to be friends with her. My only reasoning is that people who are acquainted with people like that do so because they crave the drama. They enjoy it, despite what they say or how they act.  

• Like 1

It's funny how I get asked out daily.

Even by people who already know that I am in a relationship.

Life rolls in mysterious ways.

I can bet that when I am single again (if I am), then I'd have to search for someone with a match.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

If it's not weird enough to stop then have at it is guess. Why is an 18 year old at a bar? Or are you European?