Anime, It's Not That Good

I watch abit of Anime now again although it seems to be feature films really like Spirited Away and Appleseed.

I would definatly recommend watching a few films at least as most of them are brillant, so deep and emotional that most "people" films cant beat in my book.

Series wise, I dont watch much as I tend to prefer to buy things in seasons at a go. Ones I do want to watch are Noir, EVA and Ghost in a Shell. So I cant really comment series wise.

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, your Japanese isn't that bad. However you don't change 'wa' to 'ha' when using romaji. Its improper, yo. Also Cad, why use, "boku?" You would use, 'watashi' if you were female. Use 'nihonjin' when describing yourself and race.

'funtou daze' is quite outdated. Most people nowadays like to use 'shin-tatakai' or just 'momiai'

Suman, I rarely write in romanji, its a bad habit I got out of as soon as I remembered the kana. Boku is also superior. And im not Japanese so yeah, boku wa igurisujin. (Actually I bet thats wrong, seeing as igirisu is the UK and not England.)

My vocab is also poor, im attempting to learn the kanjis though. Made me lol when night + nightbreak = gall bladder.

does that mean really effeminate guys use watashi? I've never seen it used like that.. but DAMN that would creep me out.

Not really, watashi is just blankly "I". Evil people often use watashi as it sort of masks what sort of person they are. Ore ("oh-reh") is something arrogant or masculine men use (and sometimes women) and boku is sort of in-between, tomboy-ish girls and often teenage boys. But real men use WARE WARE.

knkcopy.jpg

My vocab is also poor, im attempting to learn the kanjis though. Made me lol when night + nightbreak = gall bladder.

of course! what perfect logic!

I darent even touch kanji atm, I know all the hiragana (it took a long long time) and about half the katakana. The books I'm using have most of the vocab in kana, with the romanji next to it. Its just a useful stepping stone to help the transition. If you had to refer back to the list of kana every time you forgot one just for one word it would just be plain annoying.

Tk5SF.png

of course! what perfect logic!

I darent even touch kanji atm, I know all the hiragana (it took a long long time) and about half the katakana. The books I'm using have most of the vocab in kana, with the romanji next to it. Its just a useful stepping stone to help the transition. If you had to refer back to the list of kana every time you forgot one just for one word it would just be plain annoying.

whatuo3.gif

Right.

Remembering the kanji itself isnt too hard, its remembering what it means is the hard part. Plus im learning a bit of vocab and kanji using furigana (where the hiragana are next to the kanji, often found in shounen/shoujo manga aimed at younger audiences). Something like this;

1215533016161.png

But I would really recommend getting off romanji as fast as you can, youll never actually see it or use it and it can teach you bad habits with spelling and or pronounciation.

knkcopy.jpg

because these animated shows go beyond all american cartoons (Spoilers; Family Guy/South Park suck).

I still think there is plenty of great American Animation. Sealab 2021, Frisky Dingo, Home Movies, Metalacolypse and Venture Brothers.

Out of those Frisky Dingo follows a story and Home Movies loosely follows one ,as does Metalacolypse (although even less). Sealab 2021 is a bit different. Venture brothers pretty heavily follows a story as well, and while it's still a really funny show it's a bit closer to what you might expect in an anime (plenty of action and such).

These are more recent examples anyways, plenty of older American animation is great. And while shows such as Ren and Stimpy and Rockos Modern life were shown to children you should know as well as I that there was plenty in those shows that went over childrens heads on purpose. In fact, that was part of what was so great about them -- the jokes were pretty clever for what seems like a stupid cartoon.

I enjoy both American animation and anime though, although I don't watch Anime much. Might have to download some more.

I haven't read through the other pages of this thread, but I'm sure riku's going berserk here :roll:

I never liked anime, but you have to remember before you bash it that there are different types of anime. Hentei is the one that people say turns them on. There are other obscure ones that satisfy the most random and disgusting interests of some disturbed people (thank you riku for luring me and some others into them on the ever caught them thread #-o), but not all anime is about erotic fun. The violence and complex plot makes it more for mature audiences, not children. And if I'm not mistaken, in your anti-Wii thread you showed your dislike for kiddy games. Anime is not for children, although thanks to Cartoon Network it may become children's television.

And how did this thread turn into a Japanese language thread, and some random thing about nightbreaks and gall bladders?

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Ichinen ni ikai wa Nagoya no inaka ni sunderu bachan' tokoroe bakantsu ni ikun dakedo...

I didn't even comment on your "cultural anomalies."

Edit:

aa, sou desu ka? omae wa nihonjin? ore yoroshii shisururukku o taku dayo.

You mean this? Oh, really? Your Japanese? I'm a "Yoroshii shisururukku" fanboy.

Edit 2: Romaji sucks...

I don't understand why you would go study medicine in Japan. Our medicine programs suck, and you're wasting your money. Not that I believe you any how.

By the way, you translated wrong.

so desu ka - is that so

Ore - I

yoroshii shisurukukku - common slang. Means, "Can see right through antics."

o taku =/= fanboy, it means, 'you' possessing.

otaku = nerd

Seriously, if you can't catch these simple things you are hardly fluent. Not to mention the correct usage of 'boku' with girls.

Yes, romaji does suck however tipit can't let you process kana.

switch to roman alphabet

you're a [bleep] weeaboo.

etc etc etc

SOV

Subject object verb :D

Ok. What the hell is a "Yoroshii shisurukukku"? If that means I'm not fluent, nobody in my family is, and they were born and raised there... "Can see right through your antics." Hmm.... maybe your watching too much anime or something.

When did I say I was studying medicine?

Ichinen ni ikai wa Nagoya no inaka ni sunderu bachan' tokoroe bakantsu ni ikun dakedo...

Once per year I go to the visit my Grandma who lives in the urban part of Nagoya for a vacation. (Bakantsu = vacation btw... common slang.)

Third, romaji sucks. If it was in Kanji, I would have not misinterpreted otaku. Is that so. Oh really. What difference does it make? Translating through languages changes some words, it doesn't make a difference.

Anyways, let's stop being flamy. Most likely the translation errors, misreadings, ect were caused by the suckyness of Romaji.

No, I don't watch anime, at all. 'yoroshii shisurukukku' is used by many people around my hometown, Shinjuku. I don't understand where you got the anime idea from.

My bad, I read ichinen as ichinensei, (ichinen) for short, and ikai as medicine. I stopped reading there because I was raging too hard. My bad again, i'm used to bakeshon*

I was raised with mostly katakana geared words.

Agreed, again. Romaji is the killer of communication. And again, TIP.it forums won't allow you to post with kana or kanji because there's some odd error.

1260955552084-1.jpg

Omg that stupid error pisses me off... When I was using a Japanese keyboard to type up my guide, I accidentely typed in 1 hiragana... and you know the rest... :XD:

Shinjuku eh? Do they have a special accent like Okinawa? I swear, some phrases they use... Well, I guess that explains why we can't understand eachother very well...

Ouch. :U

Lol, we like to say we don't but in reality we really do. We use a lot of shortcuts of words, so anyone else from outside that area have a hard time understanding. The accent isn't that hard like Okinawan or kansai-ben, but its a small offshoot from the regular Tokyo accent.

1260955552084-1.jpg

Meh, this thread turned from an anime discussion to a Japanese 101 thread :wall:

Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

~

Good points, fair enough. [i still say that both English and Japanese are more annoying than they need to be :P .]

As usual, Mlb's existence is to be ignored. Please.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Watch Lucky Star, no plot whatsoever, it just gives lulz.

But yeah, most people watch it for either the interesting characters or plot. Whatever floats your boat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdzJ7qYmE8M

Start song sounds like a fast trance-electro song, but with ultra high pitched voices. It sucks <.<

Indeed, it gives (lots of) lulz.

They keep talking about food, and there IS NO PLOT WHATSOEVER.

Don't forget the awesomeness of Captain Falcon's FALCON PAWNCH!!

FFtw7qW7Vcw

Yes!

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

you watched the first episode didnt you.

first 4 episodes have a different director, and they arent as good. To be honest, I dont think its gets particularly good until about episode 16 when they introduce all the side characters properly.

05.jpg

:twss:

Tk5SF.png

you watched the first episode didnt you.

first 4 episodes have a different director, and they arent as good. To be honest, I dont think its gets particularly good until about episode 16 when they introduce all the side characters properly.

05.jpg

:twss:

you thinks shes the best? I think the best is the girl who likes to write her freinds as doujinshi characters :lol:

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Start song sounds like a fast trance-electro song, but with ultra high pitched voices. It sucks <.<

The OP to LS is pretty good, actually. And the EDs (>13) were always great that Shiraishi sang various KyoAni songs.

And as far as plot goes, it doesnt particularly matter. Its about a socially inept otaku, twin shrine maidens (one whom is moe and the other tsundere), an oppai megane, a moe moe imouto, an american weeaboo and a doujinshika with a thing for her friends. Whatever spawns from that is somewhat worth watching atleast.

And watch past the first episode.

knkcopy.jpg

The OP to LS is pretty good, actually. And the EDs (>13) were always great that Shiraishi sang various KyoAni songs.

And as far as plot goes, it doesnt particularly matter. Its about a socially inept otaku, twin shrine maidens (one whom is moe and the other tsundere), an oppai megane, a moe moe imouto, an american weeaboo and a doujinshika with a thing for her friends. Whatever spawns from that is somewhat worth watching atleast.

And watch past the first episode.

people who arent anime junkies will get exactly 0 information from that paragraph.

Tk5SF.png