Anime, It's Not That Good

There are few anime fans in England as far as I'm aware; but I'd guess it's one of those things that people tend to keep quiet about. :|

I hate anime too, it always seems the same....Some ninja walking around the entire world with some....."Lagre Chested" girl, and all they do every day is kill a demon thing to save the girl...makes no sense every time....life for them must get pretty boring being so repetitive. =P
Ignorance is not bliss.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By techical standards, an anime is an animated cartoon show. Simple and to the point. What we hate about anime (or at least I do) is its fanboys, fangirls, and the unneed sexual content.

Fanboys...ugh, can't stand these people. :wall: Liking an anime and talking with your friends is fine...but when you openly shout out to the whole world "I AM A NINJA LIKE NAUTRO! waahHH!" and proceed doing lame stunts...it doesn't look good.

And then we have the girls...ugh. :wall: I don't know what the hell are going into the minds of these anime-creators, but several anime have some sort of skimpy outfit for a girl. I recall seeing one show with this young holy preistess of the Christian faith wearing very revealing clothes. Not very holy if you ask me...damn [bleep]. Then they try to 'tease' the male audience by skinny-dipping or something stupid like that. :roll: Who makes these things? Japanese nerds who don't have any soical skills? :wall:

The idea of anime is not bad at all. Its just a show...but like music, such a good thing, a select few are ruinning the industry as a whole.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

By techical standards, an anime is an animated cartoon show. Simple and to the point. What we hate about anime (or at least I do) is its fanboys, fangirls, and the unneed sexual content.

Fanboys...ugh, can't stand these people. :wall: Liking an anime and talking with your friends is fine...but when you openly shout out to the whole world "I AM A NINJA LIKE NAUTRO! waahHH!" and proceed doing lame stunts...it doesn't look good.

And then we have the girls...ugh. :wall: I don't know what the hell are going into the minds of these anime-creators, but several anime have some sort of skimpy outfit for a girl. I recall seeing one show with this young holy preistess of the Christian faith wearing very revealing clothes. Not very holy if you ask me...damn [bleep]. Then they try to 'tease' the male audience by skinny-dipping or something stupid like that. :roll: Who makes these things? Japanese nerds who don't have any soical skills? :wall:

The idea of anime is not bad at all. Its just a show...but like music, such a good thing, a select few are ruinning the industry as a whole.

I agree with the fanboys, but the latter two are inevitable. Since most watchers of television are male, it would make sense that producers do things to attract them to watch their show. Fanservice is then born, in which small things are added, most of the time irrelevant to the plot, just to please the audience. I don't blame the producers of anime, I blame the idiots that get turned on by that kind of thing.

As to anime being good...It's a helluva lot better than any American cartoons these days. :?

I don't get why fanboys mass so much either, but to each his own. I just find it confusing. In a tentacle-going-down-her-shirt-wait-she-just-pulled-out-a-gun-oh-there's-charizard kinda way.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

As to anime being good...It's a helluva lot better than any American cartoons these days. :?

You do realize "South Park" counts as an American cartoon :?

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

Not a big anime fan myself but that's because most American animation bores me and most of it is aimed towards younger kids. Animes like One Piece and others just get killed by 4kids.

Which is why Subbed > Dubbed

You do realize "South Park" counts as an American cartoon :?

For the most part, my point exactly. Although I do have to say some of their more recent episodes actually set me giggling.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Never understood it, never will.

I have seen and read some stuff... But i never got the point. I'd rather read a Donald-Duck magazine than anime/manga.

A friend orderd a box with a couple of "action toys" and some magazines in spirit of this game "Dofus", which was magazines in anime/manga... whatever, for 50$... I couldn't understand why you spend that money on it all.

All i do is i spend 30 euros a year on 10/11 magazines from Sweden Rock Magazine (swedish heavy metal magazine).

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I agree with the fanboys, but the latter two are inevitable. Since most watchers of television are male, it would make sense that producers do things to attract them to watch their show. Fanservice is then born, in which small things are added, most of the time irrelevant to the plot, just to please the audience. I don't blame the producers of anime, I blame the idiots that get turned on by that kind of thing.

Err. I'm going to call false on that. Statistic please.

MOD EDIT: Abbreviation is avoiding the censor please refrain from doing so ~ Shazarabbit

Regardless, even if only 30% of television viewers were male, sex appeal is sex appeal. It works in any genre, and as long as [straight?] women don't immediately turn off their tv at the first hint of it, using it is just basic marketing.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Err. I'm going to call BS on that. Statistic please.

Regardless, even if only 30% of television viewers were male, sex appeal is sex appeal. It works in any genre, and as long as [straight?] women don't immediately turn off their tv at the first hint of it, using it is just basic marketing.

Numbers or not, stereotypes are stereotypes. The male gender just seems to enjoy the use of technology, which also leads to the stereotype of "Lol no girls on the internet" kind of thing.

Fanservice is generally used for filler episodes of anime, and sometimes in episodes that actually advance the storyline. But again, irrelevant to the plot. If they "accidentally" sneak in a panty shot, its not like they are aiming for the female audience, but to the obvious male audience in which some might be lets say...aroused by it.

Obvious marketing strategy is obvious. I doubt they would have fanservice if there was a lack of male audience, I couldn't even imagine what female fanservice would be like :?

For those of you saying you don't understand anime watch a more simplistic series

Lucky Star - slice of life anime about four normal high school girls, doing normal high school things

Case Closed - 17 year old genius detective gets turned into an 8 year old kid and now solves crimes in his kid form using gadgets his neighbor makes

Spiral - another genius detective solving crimes

are all pretty easy to get animes, unless you find school girl outfits perverted then these are all fine.

I watch anime because you can learn a lot about Japanese culture such as Valentine's day and White day, and a few Japanese words along the way

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

darker than black. Woah. I've only watched the first 5 episodes, on holiday now, left my PC on to finish the torrent so it should be done when I get back, but man that OP is awesome. It gave me shivers the first time I heard it.

Tk5SF.png

darker than black. Woah. I've only watched the first 5 episodes, on holiday now, left my PC on to finish the torrent so it should be done when I get back, but man that OP is awesome. It gave me shivers the first time I heard it.
It's awesome indeed.

It gets more [bleep]ed up as it goes on, and it's rather depressing. I love it.

I watch anime because it's entertaining and some of them are mature.

I'll admit some of them have no plot and some are just bad or lost in translation ("PEOPLE DIE WHEN THEY ARE KILLED!!!!!" -funnies [cabbage] ever! :lol: )

Not all of it is Cartoons for little 7 year olds.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Dude I hate animes honest to god....

Watch Death Note from the beginning and I'm sure you'll like it. Maybe that'll get you to enjoy more of them. I've never had any interest in anime (except for DBZ if that's an anime :? ), but when I saw this show my mind was blown. Great plot line :thumbsup:

1288581197250-1.jpg

I like anime bacause when all the cartoons in America are crap, where else am I to look? Plus I love there over the top stories and action...

Some of the animes I think are horrible like Pokemon and Naruto and One Piece (The kids stuff) but a lot of the more teenager and adult ones are usually pretty cool

I only like a couple animes and only own like 3 volumes of manga anymore, but I just like how over the top they are, plus...they make you wonder who the hell came up with half this stuff....

Anyways, I agree that a lot of animes are worthless and a waste of life, but I think there are a couple that are really good...I like Inuyasha and Neon Genesis Evangelion but other than that...Bleach is all right...and I loved Samurai Champloo and Afro Samurai, but there is a lot of it I cannot stand as well...

Lol.

How ironic that i'm disregarding my culture and defending American cartoons. Get your weeaboo head out of your [wagon] man. There are tons of quality American cartoons, and you're just too much of a kid to know it. Seriously, you're just too young to actually know how awesome cartoons were back then.

Freakazoid - The humour is genuine mockery. Its brilliant.

Animaniacs - [bleep] YES

He-Man

Animated super hero shows. - The original X-men animated was excellent.

Johnny Quest

Fantastic 4 cartoon

Rocko's Modern Life

This stuff was pure awesome. Yeah, its not plot driven, but it sure has a lot of qualities that make them special and unique. Not to mention the humour is awesome. And the thing about American cartoons provide entertainment whenever you watch it, and you can follow the characters very easily. For anime you have to follow the entire [bleep]ing series to understand what's going on. You miss an episode, and next episode you're going to be lost. And the thing is, that anime was originally intended for children, IE: Doraemon, Astroboy, etc...

The thing about adult oriented cartoons such as Family Guy, South Park, or Simpsons is because the production companies are low budget and can't get off their [wagon] to hire a decent cast with a crew and production studio. Therefore, you can safely say that all cartoons are aimed for children. Anime is a form of cartoon, you can't debate that.

Oh, by the way, Anime in Japan is geared towards children and teenagers ranging from 5-16. This is why we don't have an age limit to buy DVDs of anime that would be rated 18+ in America. Also, most channels air anime at around 8AM-1PM. And rarely channels like Fuji TV and TV Asahi would show anime late; and that's around 12-1AM. Everyone watches dramas and game shows.

And replying to who ever said anime is outcasted, you're wrong. Anime is like any other form of entertainment if Japan. Its alright if you watch it, it comes on TV frequently, so why not. But if you watch too much of it and you're holed in your house, its considered pretty weird. We have a certain psychological condition because people like this is so frequent. Its just like WoW.

But yeah, anime is alright, i've only seen one or two series, and they were excellent. However I'll keep to my dramas kthnx.

1260955552084-1.jpg

I like anime bacause when all the cartoons in America are crap, where else am I to look? Plus I love there over the top stories and action...

Some of the animes I think are horrible like Pokemon and Naruto and One Piece (The kids stuff) but a lot of the more teenager and adult ones are usually pretty cool

I only like a couple animes and only own like 3 volumes of manga anymore, but I just like how over the top they are, plus...they make you wonder who the hell came up with half this stuff....

Anyways, I agree that a lot of animes are worthless and a waste of life, but I think there are a couple that are really good...I like Inuyasha and Neon Genesis Evangelion but other than that...Bleach is all right...and I loved Samurai Champloo and Afro Samurai, but there is a lot of it I cannot stand as well...

Lol.

How ironic that i'm disregarding my culture and defending American cartoons. Get your weeaboo head out of your [wagon] man. There are tons of quality American cartoons, and you're just too much of a kid to know it. Seriously, you're just too young to actually know how awesome cartoons were back then.

Freakazoid - The humour is genuine mockery. Its brilliant.

Animaniacs - [bleep] YES

He-Man

Animated super hero shows. - The original X-men animated was excellent.

Johnny Quest

Fantastic 4 cartoon

Rocko's Modern Life

This stuff was pure awesome. Yeah, its not plot driven, but it sure has a lot of qualities that make them special and unique. Not to mention the humour is awesome. And the thing about American cartoons provide entertainment whenever you watch it, and you can follow the characters very easily. For anime you have to follow the entire [bleep] series to understand what's going on. You miss an episode, and next episode you're going to be lost. And the thing is, that anime was originally intended for children, IE: Doraemon, Astroboy, etc...

The thing about adult oriented cartoons such as Family Guy, South Park, or Simpsons is because the production companies are low budget and can't get off their [wagon] to hire a decent cast with a crew and production studio. Therefore, you can safely say that all cartoons are aimed for children. Anime is a form of cartoon, you can't debate that.

Oh, by the way, Anime in Japan is geared towards children and teenagers ranging from 5-16. This is why we don't have an age limit to buy DVDs of anime that would be rated 18+ in America. Also, most channels air anime at around 8AM-1PM. And rarely channels like Fuji TV and TV Asahi would show anime late; and that's around 12-1AM. Everyone watches dramas and game shows.

And replying to who ever said anime is outcasted, you're wrong. Anime is like any other form of entertainment if Japan. Its alright if you watch it, it comes on TV frequently, so why not. But if you watch too much of it and you're holed in your house, its considered pretty weird. We have a certain psychological condition because people like this is so frequent. Its just like WoW.

But yeah, anime is alright, i've only seen one or two series, and they were excellent. However I'll keep to my dramas kthnx.

\

The return of a legend.

p915h.gif

Fanboys... yes. Stupid stereotypes about Japanese people in these costumes... it's pathetic if you ask me. I'm japanese, and it never fails to annoy me each and every time I see all these freaks wearing stupid costumes. I'm an anime fan, but really...? Is all that really neccessary?

About the sexual content. Well... there isn't any in many animes. Most famous ones have close to none, if any at all such as PoT, Conan, Bleach, ect. Maybe your watching the wrong ones... like Negima and the like. Those... aren't that great.

All in all, there are genres of manga and anime, just like there is in music. Some people like myself like jpop, while they despise rock, ect.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

I'm japanese.

Post Removed ~ Shazarabbit

MOD EDIT: English only on these forums please ~ Shazarabbit

Also, watch better anime people. It goes way beyond Naruto/Bleach and POWERLEVEEEEEELLLLSSSSS.

I imagine people enjoy watching it (as I do) because these animated shows go beyond all american cartoons (Spoilers; Family Guy/South Park suck). They have a much higher budget, theyre not all aimed at young children, they actually have a plot you can follow and because of that are somewhat more emotionally engaging.

While I wont deny that shows like Animaniacs and Freakazoid (I especially enjoyed Candlejack) were awesome, they were aimed at children. And although I still find them funny, I am childish. But to put them up against big anime like EVA (oh wait, too deep) or SzS is unfair.

And dont put the "Oh but you can learn nihongo (japanese) from watching it!" excuse in there either. You learn maybe 1 or 2 words a series, both of which are only said on their own and have no relation to anything. Of course, you may learn a short phrase, but itll probably "URUSAI BAKA YAROU" which you arent ever going to use without looking like a complete idiot (baka).

Complaining about sexual content in anime is like complaining about fat people in america. Thats just how Japan rolls, yo. Mayb

knkcopy.jpg