What would it take for you to quit RS?

n_odie

What would it take for you to quit Runescape permanently?

I have been pondering this question for a while. You hear of some who get banned (fair or not) and yet make a new account and get right back to the game. Some lose joy and yet comeback with new updates. Sometimes responsibilities take over and this forces one to stop, yet when they have time, they still Log on. Could it possibly another game? There are many circumstances that lead one to ponder.

I am sure many have thought or tried at one time to stop playing. What keeps one going? For myself,it is friends and the Tif community. Friends seem to be there when you need them holding you, challenging you, laughing with you! Possibly goals have kept you going or is it just sheer boredom, who knows?

I don't post this in a certain direction to the end of free trade or updates. Many will probably come across this question with the release of Mechscape. While those may be answers for you this is not the general idea of the question stated above.

So I ask, what would it take? Another question of interest that ties in is what keeps you going?

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What keeps me going are my friends, this fansite, and my goals. If all of my friends quit, then I'd probably just make some more. I meet new people more frequently than I used to. This fansite has a dedicated community - and by saying that I meant how the staff worked together hard to get the forums back up. As for my goals, I'll always have them so I won't have to worry about that. :D

I really don't know. I'm pretty dang sure that it won't be the release of the new game though. I have already gotten this much from this game, so why stop to go to another. The only reason with that would be if it's just that much better than RS.

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

i don't think anyting can make me quit permanently, i always take like a month break to play another game, new or old, but i seem to always come back to gold ol' runescape.

i keep playing 'cause this was my 2nd mmo i've ever played, the first being maplestory. i quit maple for runescape because rs has sooo much to do than just kill monsters and the quests have story line which just rocks =)

another thing is i have rl friends who play this game from tme to time so that's always a plus, and even the people i meet online are great company. in truth, online interaction is the ONLY thing keeping me on, if it weren't for this game being an mmo, i'd have quit a loooooong time ago lol

theblastmage.pngtheblastmage.png

theblastmage.png

theblastmage.png

Probably the only 3 things that would make me quit permanently are:

1. Me being hacked/banned

2. My IRL Death

3. Runescape's Death

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

I stopped actively playing over two years ago, but the determining factor that pretty much ended it for me was the removal of wilderness and end of free trade. I don't feel like I quit runescape. I feel like the runescape I played no longer exists. It definitely seems like rs has unofficially become rs3 over the past several months.

getting a gf at my age wouldn't make me quit. if i wanted to get better grades, i improvise and stay off the computer until my studies are done. if i was hacked, that just means i have to start new goals. nothing aside from my account being banned would make me quit. :)

Disconnecting 20+ times a day which is happening at the moment (no it's not my computer #-o ) as a last resort i'm getting my bro to defrag the computer when he has time, if that doesn't work then i'm quitting :cry:

2vuhgcn.png

Disconnecting 20+ times a day which is happening at the moment (no it's not my computer #-o ) as a last resort i'm getting my bro to defrag the computer when he has time, if that doesn't work then i'm quitting :cry:

I don't see how defragmenting is gonna solve your problem, unless you have some lag issues.

Na it's been going on for 6 months now, and it just randomly happened one day and i've made 99% sure it's not my computer and by defragging the computer (starting fresh) it SHOULD get rid of it, if it doesn't, it's a clear sign that it's not me :P

2vuhgcn.png

Na it's been going on for 6 months now, and it just randomly happened one day and i've made 99% sure it's not my computer and by defragging the computer (starting fresh) it SHOULD get rid of it, if it doesn't, it's a clear sign that it's not me :P

Get a different ISP? :?

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Myself.

If I finally determined that I was too busy, or that this game took too much away from me, then I would quit myself. No update of Jagex can change that determination.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

A defrag just cleans up the HD and aranges all the data into contigous chuncks. It has nothing to do with you losing your network connection. Try taking your computer somewhere else, try their connection, if it works its your ISP or the hardware they proivided. If you keep losing the connection its something on your computer.

Fools_Taco.png

Boredom, lack of motivation, and a better game that captures my interest.. and it already happened :P

For the most part, RuneScape is pretty much unchanging. Sure they add/change tidbits here and there, but it's still the same grind towards the same goal. Getting from level 1 to level 99 doesn't change, and how you get there doesn't really change either. After a while it's just kind of... meh.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog