I feel like I've beaten Runescape.

Rising0

Slayer during peak hours = mass chatting lol.

Fishing, but only when there aren't swarms of people around, same with woodcutting at Yews in Gnome Stronghold.

You could try doing fletching/herblore in Edgeville bank and chat to people there, Firemaking's rubbish for chatting so don't do that lol.

Hunter areas are great for chatting, you get people waiting round in one spot for hours on end for chinchompas etc, that's perfect really.

Agility and RC aren't great because you gotta keep moving. Smithing is good, the furnaces and anvils normally have people there to chat to.

Cooking pretty much anywhere with lots of people is good, it's good with lotsa people because most will be afk, btu with lots of people you've got a good chance of a chat lol.

Also add me ingame if you want a chat lol, priv chat's always on. ::'

ive made a ton of friends when i did agility, basically every skill will have conversations except construction, prayer(if you use alter in your own house), rc and slayer (most of the time), with rc you could run at the same speed and meet at the alter i guess and then theres assisting but its still hard to make friends rcing, with slayer your only there as long as the task is around.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've played Runescape for a long time and enjoyed it, but it doesn't seem like there's much left out there for me to do. There aren't any huge goals left to accomplish.

My combat level is 122 and I have a high total level with almost every stat above 70, which means I can do just about anything, so there isn't a lot of motivation for me to train.

I've done every quest except the new one, which I will complete soon, so there isn't much exploration left for me to do.

I have plenty of money due to Miscellenia/Etceteria giving me 75-125k a day, also rares and godswords don't interest me all that much, so I end up spending my money on frivolous things, such as multiples of items so they stack in my bank and stay in that spot. It's gotten a little out of control, with multiple Furys and Top Hats and so on.

The only thing that's really lacking is that I don't really have anyone to play Runescape with. At the moment I have no clan and a friendslist of two people. I don't know how to go about making more friends because, well, there simply isn't a straightforward way of going about that. I've completely forgotten how to make friends in Runescape.

I don't want to quit, I just want to have fun again. So here I am on tip.it forums. Do you guys have any insight to share that might help me out?

I'll be your friend for 3K cash every 15 minute \' Just jking

On topic: i don't like talking always, there is alot times i wanna just do stuff...

But i talk to friends ::' Even though not everything they say is interesting, i do try to have a convo over it and its always good talking hehe.

Wow, you're exactly like me :o

Although it was mainly FunOrb that killed my enjoyment of RS.

It made me realise Rs isn't a game, just a list of things that need doing.

I feel the same as well. I've quit for a few months, twice, come back and discovered the new stuff. Then I did it, and things started getting to be like work... but I kept playing. Runescape is different than most games because you feel obligated to do stuff you don't want to.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Joining a clan is definitely 1 way to go, I have made a lot of lasting friends through several different clans that I have been a part of.

Go out there and look for friends, there is definitely another person out there that enjoys doing similar things as you on Runescape, or even outside of it.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

I've played Runescape for a long time and enjoyed it, but it doesn't seem like there's much left out there for me to do. There aren't any huge goals left to accomplish.

My combat level is 122 and I have a high total level with almost every stat above 70, which means I can do just about anything, so there isn't a lot of motivation for me to train.

I've done every quest except the new one, which I will complete soon, so there isn't much exploration left for me to do.

I have plenty of money due to Miscellenia/Etceteria giving me 75-125k a day, also rares and godswords don't interest me all that much, so I end up spending my money on frivolous things, such as multiples of items so they stack in my bank and stay in that spot. It's gotten a little out of control, with multiple Furys and Top Hats and so on.

The only thing that's really lacking is that I don't really have anyone to play Runescape with. At the moment I have no clan and a friendslist of two people. I don't know how to go about making more friends because, well, there simply isn't a straightforward way of going about that. I've completely forgotten how to make friends in Runescape.

I don't want to quit, I just want to have fun again. So here I am on tip.it forums. Do you guys have any insight to share that might help me out?

You haven't come close to beating RuneScape. Beating RuneScape is achieving all your skills at 99 and completing all quests.

I'm in the same boat as you. I was busy and stopped playing for a few months, and when I wasn't looking all my friends bailed out of runescape and the "clan" I was in fell apart. Besides falling behind on quests, there's really nothing new for me to do. But if you need someone to talk to, then add me.

b6ebdf2a12.png

armycommandercopy.png

You got IRC buddy? come hang in #notorious-hostility im sure well make u feel welcome, is a clan of 40 people but u dont have to join to hang around and have a chat. although its Australian timezone so if your anything else no one will really be around at your times.

Dragon_Scyth.png

"Boredom got me playing, Boredom stops me from playing. It's a vicious cycle."

Plenty more to do.

Uh, care to expand on that a little?

He doesn't need to expand, it's pretty self-explanatory. You have a LOT more to accomplish than what you already have. And whether you feel like it or not, the simple matter is, you cannot beat Runescape. Ever. You would have to have 200M in ALL skills, beaten all quests, reach the max in wealth, complete the achievement diaries, complete the champion scrolls, get the best chompy hat, earn full gold set of CW armor, earn full void, etc etc etc and the list really goes on forever.

And I think MOST of the RS community would agree on my definition of "beating the game," and even more would agree that it's really nearly impossible to do.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

No you have not beaten the game, maybe just scratched the surface... definitely not beaten, your only level 122, you have much to do at only all skills 70+.

There is only one way to beat RuneScape, and not by achieving all skills 99 or whatever.

Just be able to quit the game forever, cause its so addicted and involves your life.

So just quit, and then you will be proud to say:

"Hurrah, I just beated the game: RuneScape!"

the wisest reply.

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D

Since you don't care about the rewards anymore, try making your own challenges just for the fun of it. After all, it doesn't matter to you much atm about xp per hour or cash, so why not try playing some of the minigames that don't necessarily have good rewards etc.

Make a list of everything you think to do on RS, and then do the list. Things like "Solo every boss", "Catch a Big Shark", "Get a chompy hat", etc. etc.

A lot of the fun things to do on RS aren't too rewarding, but that doesn't matter to you, so you're free to go about doing whatever you want.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

There is no reason to do something that does not interest you. If each time you log on you feel like you are doing a chore, then try another game that isn't so much grinding such as WoW (Maybe?). If you feel like you have put too much time in the game for you to just quit, then try to train skills like cooking/fletching that require no attention. While training those skills, catch up on a few movies you wanted to watch, browse the interwebz, get 99 flats on a rsc private server, etc.

Usually when the above doesn't work I will call up a friend and hang out with them, or play some Halo 3.

Stellactic.gif

There is only one way to beat RuneScape, and not by achieving all skills 99 or whatever.

Just be able to quit the game forever, cause its so addicted and involves your life.

So just quit, and then you will be proud to say:

"Hurrah, I just beated the game: RuneScape!"

the wisest reply.

My thoughts exactly.

Runescape will always be Runescape. If it fails to capture your interest anymore then maybe it's just time to move on. It's unlikely that despite all the time you've spent playing the game so far there will be something amazingly fun that you have never tried before which will reinvigorate you. You wont find anything 'fresh' from a game you've played for the last 4/5 years.

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

Join a clan or make a pure and pk with it :)

Playing for 4 years with only 3 drag drops. most amount of cash ever had: 15m :P

Something tells me im not very good at this game...

Picture1.png

Dragon Drops: 2 D skirt, 1 D med

Barrow Drops:1 Dh helm, 1 Guthan's body.

253+ quest points and counting :)

Click here to be a good person!

Runescape cannot ever be beaten. That's why MMO's are so ftw. You can always gain wealth, get levels, get xp, get drops, meet new people, do quests... List goes on and on.

Valid_Logic.png

I had a piece of grass on my shoe, and she wiped that off. Yeah. Impressive, eh? That's probably the closest I've ever been to having sex. :P

[hide=]bacon-2.jpg[/hide]

Train the skills you like to train and talk to people you meet, you can make some GREAT friends that way :)

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

Find yourself something to do that you actually like or just quit.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Join ForsakenMage's clan chat, it's Tip It's unofficial clan chat and you'll find a lot of nice and cool people. I'd say go for another fire cape, that's always fun. You could also try to max out at minigames (Like Barb Assault, MTA, FOG, ect). If you like a skill, go for 99. Set goals, do whatever you wanna do, to make friends just go to w99 edge and buy like 2k alches and talk to people there, they're all pro. :P If you'd like, you can add me ingame too. I'm only 100 combat though so I can't really go to GWD or stuff with you. GL having fun. :P

RSN is Zerker Inc btw.

Im sure alot of clans would accept you in. Try some monster hunting.

If im totaly honest im starting to get the same feeling as you described. After i finished my goal of 99 fletching ( i know its not that amazing but its been my long term goal) And almost all skills 70+ i feel very simelar to you.

As for making friends, Go to social events in runescape, 99 Parties, TET events that sort of thing, What i find works best is just being a very kind and helpful person. Think about Karma Lol.

znn02a.jpg

ubd6755ku8.png

I was in the same situation you were quite some time ago, i felt i had done everything.

Then i joined a group of people that did some monster hunting, the best monster at the time was dk and kq. That died out pretty fast as Leesters got his red party hat and we all grew bored of DK's.

Same situation again.

Then i joined my current clan and oh boy, it has gotten me to a situation where i enjoy rs but more i enjoy the atmosphere of our clan. We have endless hours of fun chats in voice chats and do fun and profitable stuff together (god wars etc).

That worked for me, i'm not sure if you would enjoy the same thing but you won't loose much if you try. First taste you can get from Ami's (Forsakenmage) CC as she is a member of 'The' Clan also [Ex-Leader of our now closed junior clan] :D

If you just want to chat feel free to add me ingame, i'm on quite alot at evening times GMT +2.

~Val

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

Try to get a rare item drop, or do something not many people have done.

Max Combat.

Just a few suggestions, I suggest you try them out.

•  

[*:r6u6up3l]Something not many people have done such as...?

[*:r6u6up3l]But I'm strong enough to pretty much beat anything in Runescape as I am.

•  
    [*:r6u6up3l]Start your own feather collection.

[*:r6u6up3l]Try learning castle wars. True Runescape challenges lie in pvp.

I suggest joining a community or a clan, but you have to decide what is fun for you. Getting friends is the easiest part, just don't look down at lower leveled players. Helping them is great fun too.

Im sure alot of clans would accept you in. Try some monster hunting.

If im totaly honest im starting to get the same feeling as you described. After i finished my goal of 99 fletching ( i know its not that amazing but its been my long term goal) And almost all skills 70+ i feel very simelar to you.

As for making friends, Go to social events in runescape, 99 Parties, TET events that sort of thing, What i find works best is just being a very kind and helpful person. Think about Karma Lol.

It's amazing for you to get a 99 mate :lol:

Anyway, only 2 friends on your list and no way to make friends? Go into a clan chat like the unofficial tip.it channel (RSN: "Forsakenmage") or to the unofficial blogscape forums clan chat (RSN: "Evil Mumm Ra"). There's some friendly communitys in there, you can also try going into the tipit IRC channel.

For the skills: set a huge goal for yourself and some minors around it so that you can do the big goal and do a few of the minors around it for when it gets boring.

You could always try to train for 99 skills... BUt you know its going to be boring and hard work. Whenever I get bored I do things that I dont really do often... Sometimes I go down to the H.A.M camp and pickpocket the H.A.M members. It may sound nooby, and I have no reason to do it, but I remember having loads of fun doing it in when I first became a member. Just explore maybe... Its so nice just to walk around Karamja sometimes, go to places you havent been for a while. I know some high level is going to call me a noob and say I'm not achieving anything, but I dont care. RUnescape doesnt need to be a chore. You could always take a break, come back after a month or two with a heap of new content to do. You could just wait for Mechscape to come out. I know exactly what you mean, I've lost interest so many times but Runescape is just too addictive to quit.

Clanchat is also a great way to pass the time.

Kinglukas1.png

Do not read this signature.