Today...

Leoo

A nice 77 °F (25 °C) October Sunday morning. Gonna be a great day. Again, you guys should go out and enjoy this lovely weather!

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

MY SHINS! THEY BURN!

Considering I haven't done any form of exercise/cardio w/e in a year, im trying to build my stamina back up from nothing...and these joggers suck. Maybe I should buy those feet-shoes since I walk around bare foot all the time

Bike or swim instead. Walking/running/jogging hurts the knees.

no bike and it's too cold to swim. Plus I have weak lungs so swimming is out of the question for exercise. I was planning to try out the weights but the area was choc full of about 10 high school kids +3 others. and I'd rather not waltz in, confused as [bleep] and look stupid. Not in front of a large group like that anyway. Maybe I'll sneak out @ 12am and go.

If you've got weak lungs, surely swimming is better than running (if the temperature were appropriate, that is).

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Every guru was once a newb, Tim. Don't be embarrassed to ask. I was at the skatepark with a friend a few years ago (must have been 13 at the time). This 30 year-old ex-skater showed up and asked the kids half his age to help him learn to ollie again, and learn to ollie again he did. As long as you're friendly, modest about your present abilities and positive about your development, in whatever you do, people won't refuse to help you.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Every guru was once a newb, Tim. Don't be embarrassed to ask. I was at the skatepark with a friend a few years ago (must have been 13 at the time). This 30 year-old ex-skater showed up and asked the kids half his age to help him learn to ollie again, and learn to ollie again he did. As long as you're friendly, modest about your present abilities and positive about your development, in whatever you do, people won't refuse to help you.

Speaking of that, how in the [bleep] do you ollie? I tried to learn for hours, but I could never make the board get up off the ground enough. Is it supposed to smack into the ground?

Tail smacks the ground, launching the board vertically and causing it to rotate (this is also what happens when you pop your tail while standing behind your board in order to catch it). In order to flatten out the board, your front foot slides up on the grip (with your small toe, as your sole wouldn't slide easily enough).

Originally, you didn't need to pop, and pretty much relied on your back foot to raise the nose a bit, then on your front foot to raise the tail while your nose is still in mid-air. Now, people pop because the first part of the trick already launches you up.

Also, you don't want to get in the way of your skateboard. Suck your knees up to let the board go as high as it can.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Broke my [bleep]ing headphones. Out 80$.

[bleep]'s sake.

Why did you buy these expensive headphones?

I didn't know anything about technology. Still, they were very nice while they lasted. Turtle Beach PX21s. I had the P21s before them and they broke too. Never again.

My dad fixed them :^_^:

Funnily enough, had I not bought my soldering iron (which I use to smoke) it could not have been done.

I have a birthday coming up so it's not like it would have been the end of the world, but now I can get something else :thumbup:

Oh US consumerism. We love you so.

Just started visiting forums again and the RS section is still full of immature kids. I've spent the past 6 months finishing up PT for basic training. I set off for BCT for the US Army in 6 months and then will be an IT for the Army, managing off-shore data-centers for the US.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Got all my hours for my permit. I just need to practice parallel parking some more and I'm ready for my test. :thumbup:

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Looks like nomrombom made another account....

Yeah, I was actually wondering if someone got banned.

I volunteered to direct marathon runners earlier today. It was getting to the end finally, after about 2 hours of standing on a corner, but there was the occasional runner. After my longest break yet, I decide to call it a day. Little did I know all of my friends who were all on different intersections had left over an hour ago. Thanks for telling me jackasses. To top it off I get back to University to find that they had already gone for breakfast and didn't even think about telling me that they left. [bleep] you too.

S2buxtG.png

my soldering iron (which I use to smoke)

Wait, what?

What?

What's wrong with a lighter? Why would you use a soldering iron to smoke?

-no refills necessary

-less cost over time due to the above

-no butane inhalation

-no butane taste

-can be used for soldering

-could be used to vaporize rather than combust

Did I mention no butane taste?

my soldering iron (which I use to smoke)

Wait, what?

What?

What's wrong with a lighter? Why would you use a soldering iron to smoke?

-no refills necessary

-less cost over time due to the above

-no butane inhalation

-no butane taste

-can be used for soldering

-could be used to vaporize rather than combust

Did I mention no butane taste?

Must be impractical to carry around all the time though?