Today...

Leoo

Doesn't 07scape have the EoC update?

07scape is literally a backup from August 2007. A few days before GWD was released.

God that sounds like heaven.

That video was a lot less awkward than expected. I really didn't care about any of the stuff you were talking about, but I was entertained anyways. I think having other people around to kind of have a conversation with helped make it seem natural as opposed to awkwardly talking to yourself.

So yeah, good job.

Thanks man! I might post things that are more in the ways of public care, but like I said, it's more of a project for my own benefit and self reflection than anything else. I'll probably talk about more interesting things over time, but a lot of it is just going to be about random shit in my life, and that's not going to change. I'll likely have someone filming me in every video, so I might try to make it sound a little more conversational. Thanks for the tip!

What's the general rule on contacting people to be used as a reference? There's two teachers that I literally email once every couple months when I apply for something, and I have to ask them for another reference for a thing that never seems to work out, and it's getting really old. I really don't want to email them again, over Spring Break, because I feel like it's just annoying.

I hate applications. They are literally the worst thing in the world.

I've been a reference to numerous people, even signed a few Eagle Scout recommendation letters. If it's someone you really want a recommendation from, it's usually someone you get a long with pretty well personally, and thus they should be able to fulfill their duties of recommending you. Be as annoying as you like, these should be people you get along with regardless.

Today:

Woke up late as hell as per usual. Did nothing for a few hours, went bowling from like 9 to midnight with my best friend and his uncle. Come home, start talking to the girl I mentioned in the last 2 minutes of pt 2 of my video I linked earlier. tl;dr I've been talking to her for like a day, and I agreed to move in with her for a few days next week so we can party hard and be couple-y. Feels right. And crazy. But that's the way I like it. Believe you me, I'll be speaking of it in my next video haha

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Wait...you just met her and moving in together? That's as crazy as the chick who had some guys name tattoo'd across her face after dating for 1 day.

I think he's saying just be at her house for a few days.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Yes Tim, it's for less than a week. Less than 4 whole days even. I'm thinking like 90 hours tops, pending how much I sleep. But you're right - it is crazy. But I like crazy, if that wasn't evident enough.

I'll give a 'today' update when I get back from the concert tonight.

I totally forgot about this when I read it at the time. It seems Canada is finally getting close to hammering out a free trade agreement with the EU. What jumped out at me were that apparently we are still stuck on agriculture and intellectual property. I don't have the faintest idea what the agriculture problem would be, but I have to wonder if the intellectual property issue is our stance on software piracy. The latest data I could find on it (2009) pegged Canada in 10th place by volume, which is kind of bad when you consider we are 35th by population. I think we are still without an international copyright treaty, and have not yet pursued the casual pirate (personal not for profit use).

There is a case moving slowly along though I think against torrent users, against people how pirated a movie from a BC film studio. Will be interesting to see where that goes, since I think it would be the first time ever in this country this happened. I can certainly see the EU using this to try and get us to take things a bit more seriously (heck, it might even be why the Harper Government finally got the ball rolling).

In any case, I am happy to see a free trade agreement on the horizon. It would allow us to diversify our exports more, and lessen our tie to the American economy a bit.

I totally forgot about this when I read it at the time. It seems Canada is finally getting close to hammering out a free trade agreement with the EU. What jumped out at me were that apparently we are still stuck on agriculture and intellectual property.

The US is in the same place with the same issue. I not sure on my facts but I think it has something to do with the quality of food and the regulations that will likely govern it.

Today I went to work and class, but after I'll be chilling in my dorm with some videogames.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Got interested to take another look into it. Europe heavily subsidizes things like beef far beyond what Canada does. Canada instead heavily controls supply to maintain prices high enough for farmers to turn a profit. Europe and Canada have been using quotas for a long time to shut each other out of their respective agriculture markets, so I can see finally opening this up being probably the biggest deal of the whole negotiations. I do not envy the people who have to negotiate that deal.

The biggest problem for us will probably be drug patents. The Europeans want them to last longer, and we don't want to pay another billion or two in drug costs. I fully expect we will end up with a compromise that will end up costing us a few hundred million though, since I gather the Europeans are pretty adamant about this (can't blame them, it's awesome on their end).

On a party, bartender and a security guard. And things are going quite badly for me personally. So [bleep] it, I am gonna drink my ass off and I am not too sober atm.

But, as a bartender, I can [bleep] everyone else including that one dude, who took the girl. Feels GOOOOD.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

^ No joke, if you do I'd ensure a broken nose is the least of your concerns. Being the bartender is a massive responsibility, you're supposed to look after every patron, regardless if you hate them or not. As someone who wanted to make a proper career out of out, I feel rather insulted you'd even think of such as thing in that position. Then I see these 18 year olds here in Aus who go "yeah I pour drinks to get laid, [bleep]es love bartenders", your not just a drink pourer, you're an artist of a high responsibility, you don't do this to get laid, you do it because it's a career you want.

sorry if I went on a rant tangent there.

• Like 1

Popoto.~<3

Woo. Thanks to me needing to see a doctor soon, and because of the Easter weekend, I'm going to be broke for half a month.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

It's not like I am doing it for a career or something. I just agreed to help out with hosting a party and sonI am onenof he guys allowdd to serve at the party and I am watching out fir fights aswell.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

In our degree course, we're required to keep reflective diaries as part of NMC pre-registration standards. The idea is that we think about our nursing practice and identify which areas we could improve on, to basically maintain our own high standards without someone else having to tell us to.

Today I reflected on how much I've learned in the seven weeks we've been on hospital placement so far. To sum up: before this placement, I'd never worked in a hospital and although I had experience of social care in a community setting, the way it works is completely different in a hospital setting. If patients asked me for something, I had no idea how to get it, if I observed something, I wouldn't have a clue whether what I was looking at was normal or not, or even what to do about it. I had no confidence in my abilities whatsoever and it sadly showed in my practice. My mentor admitted to me last week that in the first couple of weeks, she had serious concerns about me.

Fast forward seven weeks and I'm very confident about my role. I've learned to do almost all tasks by myself, or if it's a task that requires more than one person, I feel confident enough leading and asking other people to help me. My observation skills have improved drastically. My mentor largely leaves me to do my own thing because she knows I can organise my own workload, keep on top of it, ask for help when I need it and deliver patient needs when they require me to. Despite a very shaky and underwhelming start, I'm now well on-track to passing this placement and developing professionally.

All of this probably means nothing to most people on here, but there's a fundamental point in all of this: Whatever it is, If you throw yourself head first into something (sink or swim), you'd surprise yourself just how quickly you pick up new skills to stop yourself sinking. I think the next time somebody tells me that they can't learn a new skill, I'll probably have very little sympathy for them, and if anyone's sat here thinking that they might want to try something new but they're worried they might not be good enough for it, the best way to avoid not being good enough for it is to just go for it and try your best.

I've learned that the worst way of dealing with those worries is to hang back and not bother. If you do that, you're not challenging yourself at all and you can't possibly learn anything.

Physically kept 2 fights from happening and now there simply isn't enough alcohol left for me to get drunk. And I will just stay miserable and totally down because of events that happened before. I am *that* far from collapsing and having emotional breakdown. Just don't know how to hamdle it all... Should've brought mpre beer and harder stuff, I have it lying on my cupboard ffs. Would help me cope at least.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Too true Ginger. Fantastic way to pick up new skills quickly. The feeling you get after too, once you have competency is just fantastic, and makes the time you spent not being able to find your own ass with a map worth it. Glad to hear it's working out so well for you, don't expect it's been an easy road to get there.

• Like 1

It's one of the reasons I decided to do the course I'm doing now.

Though in Aus, JOB WISE, If you wanted to do unpaid experience, most places wont do it out of fear for OHS/suing reasons. it's why unless you have 5 years exp, irish or 'dem cleavages you wont get a bar job in Australia, and that's not being racist/sexist, it's sadly true.

Popoto.~<3

It's do or die, sink or swim Ging. Glad you caught the good end of it.

Just got back from my concert (A Day to Remember/Of Mice & Men/Chunk, No Captain Chunk!). It was a blast! Got knocked in the pits a bit, made my way up front, made eye contact multiple times with Neil Westfall while screaming lyrics...But the high light was getting up on my buddy's shoulders (so that my feet were on his shoulders) and pretending to be crucified until I fell back into the crowd to be swept up into the stage area. Felt BAD ASS. Especially in tune to The Plot to Destroy the Panhandle. ADTR never disappoints. And as long as I'm on the subject, OM&M better utilize Aaron Pauley more, because he oozes talent and I feel like he's being suppressed by Carlile's ego.

Of course at this point I'm pretty sure Champion is the only one that knows what I'm talking about....

• Like 2

It's do or die, sink or swim Ging. Glad you caught the good end of it.

Just got back from my concert (A Day to Remember/Of Mice & Men/Chunk, No Captain Chunk!). It was a blast! Got knocked in the pits a bit, made my way up front, made eye contact multiple times with Neil Westfall while screaming lyrics...But the high light was getting up on my buddy's shoulders (so that my feet were on his shoulders) and pretending to be crucified until I fell back into the crowd to be swept up into the stage area. Felt BAD ASS. Especially in tune to The Plot to Destroy the Panhandle. ADTR never disappoints. And as long as I'm on the subject, OM&M better utilize Aaron Pauley more, because he oozes talent and I feel like he's being suppressed by Carlile's ego.

Of course at this point I'm pretty sure Champion is the only one that knows what I'm talking about....

Haha, I know all of those bands but they are far from anything I'd want to see live anymore. That whole scene grew off me a lot after high school.

Today was a pretty good day though. I came back home for the day for a job interview at a Boston Market for a summer job, and for my first job interview I feel like it went fairly well. I also dropped off an application at a Verizon store a family friend owns, so I'll see how all this turns out I guess.

After that I had chinese with my best friend and had a party with my friends that were still around. Overall a pretty great night, haha.

Why exactly would that test your faith in humanity? It's just some pre-teen and teenage girls waiting in line to buy some shirts for a band they like. I don't really see what the big deal is. Different strokes for different folks.

The fact that there's enough One Direction merchandise to fill an entire store is enough to test my faith in humanity.

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I just don't see why it bothers people that mostly inoffensive pop for young girls is in fact, gasp, very popular among young girls. Naturally they're going to want to spend money on clothes and other merchandise. It's not hurting anyone, I don't see the issue.

No, see there's normal fangirls like Bieber, backstreet boys (when I was a kid), Jessie McCartney and so on. THEN, there's a CULT of One Direction fangirls, who are like parasites. If you put any human who looks similar to one of those "band" members near them, they will tear him apart. literally.

In other news, I almost got scammed by a phishing site for my bank details because somehow they knew about both my email and my super savings. (not that its much) and robbing from someone who's already unemployed should earn you a free ticket to being shot in the foot by a high-powered assault weapon.

Popoto.~<3

Getting drunk as [bleep]. Roght now I can still type on me smartphone, but not for long. Boring day otherwise, cept I got really mad on 3 of my teammates. And I ranked them as friends, not anymore.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc