Today...

Leoo

The maths exam went horrible, otherwise had a pretty good day. Finally got to go to town hall to request my driver's license, I passed my practical exam last Friday. Then spent time chilling with friends for most of the afternoon and evening.

Tomorrow one of my best friends and I are doing a presentation on the subject of our senior paper. Basically, every senior in our school has to write a paper about a certain subject together with a partner they choose themselves. Our subject is 'The history of hip-hop', so we spent some time working on that presentation. After that presentation it's almost three weeks of holidays for me, of which one week will be spent snowboarding in the French Alps.

Just got out of acing a programming exam, but aside from that today hasn't really been too eventful.

Oh, and the new Fall Out Boy song that came out today was disappointing, but the new Wonder Years song is amazing enough to make up for it tenfold.

You can drink anything strait if you like. If you could get pure Ethanol, which you can't, it wouldn't kill you, though your mouth might be in some agonoy. Still, you can achieve the same effect by gulping down about 2 and a half shots of vodka in one go.

I think if you tried to boil the ethanol out of vodka, you could probably get about a 90% solution, maybe a bit better. It would taste closer to what ethanol actually tastes like as well, as you'd have less of the distilled water taste mixed in (water has a pretty gross flavor when distilled, the ethanol is quite frankly improving it). A word of caution for anyone who wants to try it. Vodka is flammable at a little over 25C, while it boils just bellow 80, so you don't want any ignition sources near by. Your resulting 90% some odd concentrated ethanol will be flammable at room temperature (17C), and it burns with a nearly clear flame that is invisible in daylight.

I think 95% is the highest concentration you can get that is fit for human consumption. I remember that distillation only get's you to about the mid 90's, and to go further you need to use chemicals, and the chemicals used are quite toxic (think eating mothballs).

And yeah, I didn't realize there was such a strong love of booze here.

You can buy 94% alcohol at the Société des Alcools du Québec. It's just called Alcool, and it comes around to being about 78% more ethanol per dollar than Smirnoff vodka, which makes it pretty much optimal for jungle juice. There's always Everclear, although getting your hands on that can be a little difficult in most places.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Just got out of acing a programming exam, but aside from that today hasn't really been too eventful.

Oh, and the new Fall Out Boy song that came out today was disappointing, but the new Wonder Years song is amazing enough to make up for it tenfold.

Did you catch the album leak for the new The Story So Far album? It's phenomenal. I'll have to look up the new FOB song, last I heard was that iffy one with 2Chainz.

Today was passover. My grandmom told an adorable story about how she met my granddad. Also I flunked a philosophy exam hardcore.

But back to the cute story:

She's from NY, graduating in a semester at the age of 16. She's in Richmond visiting her cousin, looking for sponsors to help her go to art school. My granddad lives and Richmond and caught a week of leave before shipping off to Korea (right between WWII and the Korean war). He was about 20. Grandmom's cousin suggests they go to a new year's ball, but they needed to find her a date, so her cousin calls up some random guy from the local school and they go together. He ends up bailing on her, but my granddad was there because Richmond Virginia isn't a huge place, and he knew nearly everyone. He sees her alone and kisses her for new years. He gets a call the next day that his orders to ship out get canceled, so he calls up my grandmom and asks her out on a date. He introduces her to his parents, finds out she's only 16, nearly passes out. But they've been together ever since. They got married in 1950. Neither of them really had any reason to meet, but they did, and it was adorable. I love stories like that.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Can anyone explain to me why it's snowing during spring break?

Global warming, of course.

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Did you catch the album leak for the new The Story So Far album? It's phenomenal. I'll have to look up the new FOB song, last I heard was that iffy one with 2Chainz.

I haven't listened to the new The Story So Far album yet, I can't pirate things when I'm up at school and I like to hold off downloading things until higher quality rips come out anyways. It finally comes out today though so I'm sure I'll be all over it on Spotify today though, haha.

And the Fall Out Boy song is called "The Phoenix". The verses are well done with some Thnks Fr th Mmrs-esque strings parts and some fantastic vocal work, but the chorus and lyrics are just cringeworthy. I personally liked the last single quite a bit but I'm hoping this new song isn't indicative of the whole thing's quality.

The new TSSF album is awesome. I listened the HELL out of Under Soil and Dirt, I listened to basically nothing but that for a few good months. The new album doesn't quite match up to USAD for me, but it still gets better with each listen. 'The Glass' and 'Things I Can't Change' are great.

• Like 1

I haven't listened to the new The Story So Far album yet, I can't pirate things when I'm up at school and I like to hold off downloading things until higher quality rips come out anyways. It finally comes out today though so I'm sure I'll be all over it on Spotify today though, haha.

And the Fall Out Boy song is called "The Phoenix". The verses are well done with some Thnks Fr th Mmrs-esque strings parts and some fantastic vocal work, but the chorus and lyrics are just cringeworthy. I personally liked the last single quite a bit but I'm hoping this new song isn't indicative of the whole thing's quality.

Alright, after listening to it, I like it better than the other single they put up, but I know they're capable of so much better. I'm afraid I'll be disappointed by their next album, but I suppose anything is better than Folie-a-Deux

Today, gonna perform with an American choir in a church here. And I am quite dead and my voice is off, cause I have had really active last few days and not nearly enough sleep. I fell asleep wih my clothes on last night...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Tomorrow I do a video blog sorta thing LIVE for some odd 20-30 high school kids for part of a youth thing I still do.

Nervous as hell as I've never had my face online before AND it's live AND I haven't been involved for over 2 years.

• Like 1

Popoto.~<3

Wow, I finally learnt some stuff about complex numbers, and we've already finished learning stuff about them. Vectors, [garden tool]!

Can anyone explain to me why it's snowing during spring break?

Considering how much I'm sweating, my guess is the first law of thermodynamics is broken and all the heat is moving to where most of it ends up anyway, Australia.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Briefly, last night as I was going to sleep I opened my eyes to see that my bed sliding across my room, feet first, into my closet. I decided that awake, sleeping, or hallucinating this probably wasn't the prelude to anything I wanted to be a part of. I think it's the first time I have ever dreamed a fully realistic version of my surroundings too, since my dream world was a dead on replica of the wall I was facing, and for bonus points, I could still hear my phone running a family guy episode to fall asleep too. Not being a particularly awesome experience, I decided to wake back up.

After a quick drink of water, I figured I would give the whole sleeping thing another go, only to have the exact same thing happen. This time I am quite worried, because I already accidentally planted a couple unpleasant ideas in my head, and I guess it had a bit more of an ominous feeling to it. Specifically, I suddenly became very determined to not turn around because I can almost guarantee there would have been something/someone standing right over me, or some other unpleasant setup about not being as alone as I'd like, and I just really wanted to wake back up before any dream senses could determine that I was in anything but an empty bedroom with a surprisingly mobile bed.

Still, kind of a waste of a lucid opportunity. If it happens again, I hope I can chill out and see if I can get a dream going. I don't normally have a chance to be lucid from the start, partly because methods for doing that are a really good way to go through hypnagogia, which I'd like to avoid as much as possible. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I never did get back to sleep, though my memory of the night is now pretty weak and time in general is just flying by for some reason, so I might have just not noticed. All I know is I am now very tired and the day is really still starting and that sucks.

Thought it would be a great idea to cut through the park on the way home today. Something in my head said walking on snow is easier than ice. Yeah, kinda forgot the snow was as high as my knees and had a very eventful trek uphill. I had to resort to crawling which was pretty funny. I think the lack of footprints should have alerted me that this was a bad idea.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Last night I had a very lucid nightmare in which I was hallucinating that there were dead bodies and dismembered cats all around me. I was also running extremely late for college and had missed three classes. Out of the two, the second upset dream-me far more.

Like I was panicking over the classes and just vaguely annoyed at the fact that my house was covered in gore.

In other news I have two sparring tournaments coming up and I'm pretty excited.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Big day for gay marriage advocates. The SCOTUS takes up the case this week!

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Big day for gay marriage advocates. The SCOTUS takes up the case this week!

I find it extremely sad such things happen.

The questioning of gay marriage, I mean. Feels like we're living through the medieval ages sometimes.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Does the "it's not the government's business" argument fall flat, when you also argue in the separation of church and state as a founding principle on which the declaration of independence for your nation was made?

It just seems strange you would argue that religion has no place in government affairs and the law, and then use objections from mostly religious organisations to prevent free marriage for homosexual couples.

Pretty sure a couple of my friends hooked up last night. Not an interesting story in and of itself, but for some reason she might have decided to lie about it. Her stuff was still here when I went to class at 11:00 today, and she told her roommate that she skipped her first two classes this morning, but apparently another person saw her walking to class this morning at 10:00.

This should be interesting.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I hope to join the gay marriage discussion, but rather continue it on a separate thread for continuity sake.

Briefly, last night as I was going to sleep I opened my eyes to see that my bed sliding across my room, feet first, into my closet. I decided that awake, sleeping, or hallucinating this probably wasn't the prelude to anything I wanted to be a part of. I think it's the first time I have ever dreamed a fully realistic version of my surroundings too, since my dream world was a dead on replica of the wall I was facing, and for bonus points, I could still hear my phone running a family guy episode to fall asleep too. Not being a particularly awesome experience, I decided to wake back up.

After a quick drink of water, I figured I would give the whole sleeping thing another go, only to have the exact same thing happen. This time I am quite worried, because I already accidentally planted a couple unpleasant ideas in my head, and I guess it had a bit more of an ominous feeling to it. Specifically, I suddenly became very determined to not turn around because I can almost guarantee there would have been something/someone standing right over me, or some other unpleasant setup about not being as alone as I'd like, and I just really wanted to wake back up before any dream senses could determine that I was in anything but an empty bedroom with a surprisingly mobile bed.

Still, kind of a waste of a lucid opportunity. If it happens again, I hope I can chill out and see if I can get a dream going. I don't normally have a chance to be lucid from the start, partly because methods for doing that are a really good way to go through hypnagogia, which I'd like to avoid as much as possible. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I never did get back to sleep, though my memory of the night is now pretty weak and time in general is just flying by for some reason, so I might have just not noticed. All I know is I am now very tired and the day is really still starting and that sucks.

Sounds like you're suffering sleep paralysis. It's a "fun" phenomenon. Do you ever feel a dark clouded shadow of a woman standing on your chest? it's actually super common. Look into it.

Today...today today...just crazy. Stressing over tons of stuff, so many things to pack, think, do and complete. I am all over the place right now. I'm being initiated into a rave society on saturday, i'm trying to do my taxes, I'm being bombarded with electro house, I couldn't find my damn Erich Fromm book (psychoanalysis&religion) and I am SO behind on my projects. Then my trans friend called me to talk about her new shoes for like 20 minutes. GAHHH so many things.