Today...

Leoo

Fair enough thats her story.

Now if you ask the guy, assuming the best case scenario that it was 100% consensual and she had regrets once she was sober. What was his reason for thinking that it was okay to begin with. Assuming the best case scenario. 

My guess is he always had a crush on her and was really pushing to make something happen when that party rolled around. And the by the fact that you were all friends she wasn't really into him. Even in this best case scenario isn't a good friend to either of you and it just goes downhill from there assuming he was pushing her against her will.

So assuming his guilt or not doesn't matter. I truly believe that situation wouldn't have happened if he gave a shit about his friends at at all. I lean towards not being friends with him because of that, even if it was 100% consensual.

Why are you qualifying consent?

It kind of goes to the whole heart of why sexual assault isn't reported more often that so many people try to analyze your behavior, and if you don't behave exactly as expected, people doubt you, or assume you're lying outright. Consider that people can feel tremendous social pressure not to make a fuss, that people will actively lie to themselves as a form of emotional protection, and particularly pertinent to parties, that many people respond to rejection with violence, either right away or later. The feeling of an implied threat can easily lead to a duress situation, where someone will willingly participate in activities they don't consent to out of fear that something worse will happen if they don't 'play along' to some extent. I'm not sure many guys appreciate just how terrifying rejecting a guys advances can be, especially if it has gone poorly for you in the past (a fact that is very unlikely to be shared with you). Not that it can't get way more complicated than that, and it sounds like in this case it was much more complicated. Not everyone reacts the same way, and a lot of the reactions are only going to make sense to people familiar with that head space, who have the life experiences to put themselves mentally in the same situation with full context.

I had problems with this when I started watching DS9. When I was little, I caught a few episodes and I really liked Dr. Bashir. Watching it again, he's pretty much just committing unrelenting sexual harassment against Dax whenever the two of them are in the same room.

On a happier note, watching beach volleyball in the Olympics has been amazing at night, even if Canada isn't winning. It's pretty much a full on party by midnight every time the play stops, and it's just a kind of amazing vibe for sports, and particularly fitting for the whole 'dude bro' vibe of mens beach volley ball.

• Like 1

I dont think it applied to this situation Randox. And the obvious reason you have to qualify behavior is because if 2 people walk in a room and one says it was consensual and the other says it wasn't a jury would have to believe it was unless physical or behavioral evidence can support otherwise due to innocent until proven guilty.

In the case of his friendship. Kalphite was dumped in a position to say his male best friend who he must trust to be friends and his female best friend who he trusts to be friends have conflicting stories. Therefore if you trust both of them you have to sort out the details to decide which story is more plausable to you.

Juries rule one way or the other, they don't qualify it either. That's not how laws work.

For sure, I can appreciate Kalphite being put in an awkward position. I can tell all of you what I think, but it doesn't really matter because I'm not him, and I'm not the one who has to figure out what they're going to do. My point isn't to make a ruling, it's to point out that things often aren't as clear to outside observer as you may think. My point is also a bit of an attempt at education, since it is entirely possible for guys in particular to put other people in situations where they are afraid to voice dissent, and that's a bad situation for everyone.

Oh, and I want to slap whoever designed the female Canadian swimsuits. We all know where the breasts are, we don't need highlight patches. Maybe you could print on a sixpack or something instead :D

EDIT: Canada has probably the most obnoxious fans I've seen, at least in Beach and Tennis. They're always showing up in Moose antlers, waving flags, and cheering loudly, and it's pretty funny. Even saw one I think two days ago some poor guy with an American flag right in the middle of the Canadian cheering squad watching us play whoever, and to his credit, he actually got pretty into it himself  :thumbup:

Anyway, tonights match is womens between Canada and Switzerland, and it's pretty much dead even right now. http://olympics.cbc.ca/video/live/olympic-games-tonight-sn1-aug-women-beach-volleyball.html

So happy that Phelps showed up that idiot showboating in front of him last night, who didn't even medal. Maybe next time he can put more effort into, you know, swimming.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

So, Maryland if it were a country would be in second place alone. Thanks Maryland. Glad you're American.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Today I stayed up until like 3:30am to finally hit level 95 on my FIre Trapper in D2. Got one more level to go for her, but it's going to take forever -.-... I'm getting 350k experience per baal run, and I need 222,700,000 more experience to level. So I need at least 636 more baal runs. And with each baal run taking 7 minutes to do... approximately 74 hours assuming I don't die and lose experience from that lol.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

My brother is really into Smite but it just looks like another LoL spinoff which is just another DOTA derivative so I haven't bothered trying it myself. Not really into MOBAS

I have the mother of all hangovers...

Had a company event last night with 2 live bands and free booze.

I woke up, lying on a stage in another city, without my keys and my company keycard.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Turns out the headache isn't from being hangover... Now I also have over 38 fever, and sharp pains in my chest.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I spent a few hours today trying to make a dungeon generator (like in rs)

sJBwsP0.png 

UShCCIu.png

ldBhLfp.png

RmgzcSH.png

Right now, there's no support for keys, but I think I have an algorithm for that so I'll implement it tomorrow I guess

• Like 2

Might borrow one of those for a one off dnd sesh

Now you've got me sad. My mate who used to run our DnD games moved away. It was mostly his mates and I don't know many people who would be keen for it. Playing DnD is one of my favourite things to do.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Also every so often I get dungeons that look like this

OsKraM4.png

I'm not sure how to fix that, short of regenerating the dungeon when there's a bad result. So if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them

If less than x paths; self generate again?

Clearly I'm no programmer

You know, I don't think I've posted in this thread before (well it says I did, but that was probably years ago when I was younger).

But anyways, trying to find a job sucks. I'm not gonna act like I've been putting out hundreds upon hundreds of applications, but within the past month alone, I've put out at least six applications and not a single one has called.

It sucks since I'm also limited to basic minimum wage jobs (never had a job before) and I don't have a driver's license or a car. so my dad would have to drive me to work, so I'm limited to jobs within a 10 mile radius or so. (Cause he obviously doesn't wanna drive like 50 miles away)

Argh.

Not sure your age but start small. Your first job only matters for the future references. And most jobs don't call you, you have to know someone on the inside most of the time. Consider yourself blessed if a job calls you

Work has been so slow that I only actually worked for about an hour of my 9 hour shift today. I literally have a headache from doing nothing for too long