Today...

Leoo

I looked at myself in the mirror this morning and was kinda shocked. I look like a hobo. Haven't shaved in about 3 or 4 months. Haven't had a haircut in at least 7 months. Things are getting out of hand. 

Had a realization. For what will probably be the only time in my life, the Olympics are being held in my timezone...sort of. Brazil is nominally an hour ahead of Atlantic Standard, but they don't observe DST and we do, which means we move into their timezone during the summer (GMT -3), albeit with later sunrises and sunsets.

This works out perfectly, since it coincides with what will likely be the last time I will be in a position to watch much of the Olympics live for several decades to come. I'm glad it could all come together for me like that.

OLYMPICS!!

git hype.

In 5 minutes the opening ceremony.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Had to have surgery today to have a mole removed from my leg today and had to be put under for it so I'm spending my second to last friday night in my hometown vegetating on my couch watching Outlander because I'm too woozy from the anasthesia to do much else. Woooooooooooooooooooooooo

Having my goodbye party tomorrow though and I'm not sure if I'm ready for all of the feels that will ensue from that though lol, should be a great time though at least

The opening and closing ceremonies are awesome, I don't follow the games much otherwise.

Couldn't really say the budget was just 1/10th of the budget for London Olympics. For the opening ceremony, that is.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Had to have surgery today to have a mole removed from my leg today and had to be put under for it so I'm spending my second to last friday night in my hometown vegetating on my couch watching Outlander because I'm too woozy from the anasthesia to do much else. Woooooooooooooooooooooooo

Having my goodbye party tomorrow though and I'm not sure if I'm ready for all of the feels that will ensue from that though lol, should be a great time though at least

How on earth were you given enough anesthesia to make you woozy? Was it a very big mole? was it just cut out with a scalpel? Or was there some osrt of minor operation don? When i had a mole removed on my back i was given nothing but a small injection and it was cut out. Always seems to me like Americans are given enough anesthetics to put a fully grown elephant to sleep for the smallest of procedures. 

How on earth were you given enough anesthesia to make you woozy? Was it a very big mole? was it just cut out with a scalpel? Or was there some osrt of minor operation don? When i had a mole removed on my back i was given nothing but a small injection and it was cut out. Always seems to me like Americans are given enough anesthetics to put a fully grown elephant to sleep for the smallest of procedures. 

Anesthetics are a quick way to up that surgery bill too.

Anesthetics are a quick way to up that surgery bill too.

I figured it had to be something like that. That kinda sucks. 

I have had other moles removed without anesthesia that were much more sane and similar to what you guys all described. My dermotologist had removed half of it previously, but after a biopsy it showed up as something that could eventually develop into melanoma so I had to have the surgery done. I was fairly skeptical of the need for full anesthesia for this though. The justification I was given was that because it was so large and potentially deep into the skin it had to be a larger, elliptical cut around the mole. I haven't taken the bandages off yet though so I don't know how large the area they actually had to remove was yet.

edit: turns out i had to have stitches to close up the wound from the removal so this makes a lot more sense to me now.

Honest statement: I don't normally have any desire to watch the Olympics, and hearing about what the prep work did to Brazil makes me want to actively avoid them.

It's kind of a meaningless gesture, though, all things considered.

• Like 2

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Today me and my buddy Tikki tikki tembo-no sa rembo- chari bari ruchi-pip peri pembo went to the mall to check out some shoes. Tikki tikki tembo-no sa rembo- chari bari ruchi-pip peri pembo found a sweet pair of kicks, but I didn't. I asked Tikki tikki tembo-no sa rembo- chari bari ruchi-pip peri pembo if I could borrow 5 bucks for lunch, because the place only took cash, but Tikki tikki tembo-no sa rembo- chari bari ruchi-pip peri pembo spent all his money on the shoes.

• Like 1

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

I've been travelling for a week hitting Genova and cinque Terre which was beautiful. I went to the biggest aquarium in Italy, totally worth it but was like ikea where I couldn't find the exit for nearly an hour. I'm now in Pisa and looking forward to taking a walk around the city, take some cityscape images

I watched a chunk of the opening ceremony last night, it was pretty awesome. No interest in tje actual games though

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Saw a post on Facebook by one of my (American) friends today. Read something like this : "Great, our first Gold Medal at the Olympics is for shooting."

Found it quite humorous. 

• Like 2

Can someone explain to me why some of the Olympic swimmers are coming out onto the pool with so many clothes on, including a few full on Winter Parkas? I assume it serves an actual function (instead of being just for show), but I'm not sure what it is. Every pool I've ever been to was at least 25C on deck and near 100% humidity, and the change rooms are usually similar. Wondering if someone can fill me in. There seems to be a lot variation in how much people wear as well (from 'ready for a Canadian Blizzard' to 'a sweater').

I was wondering about that too. I get having a jacket in case you have an air conditioner blowing right on you, but some of these folks are dressed like it's the day after tomorrow

I don't know what their conditions are but from what I remember I would be pretty cold too. The minute you get out of the water you will start getting cold - unlike if you're hanging in there for an hour.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.