Today...

Leoo

Guys anyone been to Italy with good ideas on what I should do with myself for three weeks?

One week is spending time in the south (Basilicata)

Few days in very North around the French border.

Thinking of going to see the tower of Pisa

I find Rome overrated and I've been there already this summer so yeah I'm looking for a good area to explore for a week/week and a half

I suppose I was thinking more along the lines of salesmen in stores, who are utterly useless. On top of that I buy almost everything I need from the internet anyway, which is a one-person operation to set up a few pictures and things anyway...

--

Today I learned it's not plagiarism, it's borrowing from My Little Pony.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Got that computer and surprise! no SATA cables. At all. Gonna have to acquire some to get the HDD and DVD drive to work.

Also, figuring out which GPU to get which would not be bottlenecked by that CPU...

While being super bankrupt.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I almost accepted a couple sales jobs like muggiw started at but they always gave me a skeevy vibe and I never ended up working for any of them. Maybe it would have been cool, maybe it would have been horrible. Who knows

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I almost accepted a couple sales jobs like muggiw started at but they always gave me a skeevy vibe and I never ended up working for any of them. Maybe it would have been cool, maybe it would have been horrible. Who knows

You probably would've been good at it. You're used to working long hours-- I worked about 80 hours per week my first month till I could sell consistently, then I cut back to normal hours (~55 hours/week). The only sales jobs I'd avoid would be stuff like Herbalife and Amway. At least my MLM-esque company sold legit products and paid well given its low barrier to entry and long hours :P

77yLQy8.png

You probably would've been good at it. You're used to working long hours-- I worked about 80 hours per week my first month till I could sell consistently, then I cut back to normal hours (~55 hours/week). The only sales jobs I'd avoid would be stuff like Herbalife and Amway. At least my MLM-esque company sold legit products and paid well given its low barrier to entry and long hours :P

TIL 55 hours a week is "normal"

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

40-45 hours a week is normal. 55 was the norm at that job

77yLQy8.png

I updated my copy of Unity the other day and now it won't play nice with my display drivers, and I can't figure out where to find the updated drivers which are, apparently, specific to my computer and manufacturer. It has been a very frustrating 3 day process to figure this out.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I updated my copy of Unity the other day and now it won't play nice with my display drivers, and I can't figure out where to find the updated drivers which are, apparently, specific to my computer and manufacturer. It has been a very frustrating 3 day process to figure this out.

Let me guess, the machine is a laptop?

ozXHe7P.png

Let me guess, the machine is a laptop?

Yeah. And it's 6 or 7 years old, so it's understandable why there are issues. It's still very frustrating.

Edit: Ughhhh. Finally found the drivers on ASUS's website, and I have the most up to date ones. That sucks.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

40-45 hours a week is normal. 55 was the norm at that job

I can't even bear more than 32 honestly :D

Things are quite interesting, gonna have to take over the rent from my flatmate, since he moves out and that means cleaning the place up really properly for the first time in 2 years... Gonna be a fun weekend.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I'm personally doing 40-45 hours right now, but it's absolutely the norm to work 55+ hours a week for our age group. Living is expensive with all this crippling debt. I certainly don't miss those 70 hour weeks I did. I swore never again and I meant it. The job I recently accepted and haven't started yet is a 9-5 government job so I expect it to be precisely 40 hours a week with a 1 hour ish commute making it a 50 hour week in a sense. But I'm more than doubling my salary and I'd rather complain in a Mercedes so to speak

A new person bought the place I work at and changed hours around. I'm finding it difficult to adjust to doing 40 hours rather than 55/60 like it was before. I'm legitimately struggling to work less. I'm probably gonna take up more hours at my second job so my mental wellbeing stays where I want it.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I'm supposed to be doing 40 hours a week...but if I added up all the hours I spend actually doing work, it's more like 10

That almost sounds worse than just working the 40 hours, but I guess it depends on what your entertainment options are when you aren't 'working'. Like, when I was lifeguarding, it was never a huge issue the places I worked, because we/I had a lot of leeway for occupying ourselves. When I was working beaches, it was 15 minutes on and 15 off in rotation for the entire day, and we had a day camp basically on the beach with us, so the kids would often help fill up our down time. When no one was in the water, we could do stuff like toss a football or play with the paddle board, or maybe just chat or read. Very glad me and my fellow lifeguard never ran out of things to talk about. I had a solo gig with a private pool after that, and it was similar downtime. I was on duty for the entire day, but I could usually count on at least 3 hours of the pool being empty on an average day. Read a lot of books, watched a few movies. Also used the pool plenty myself when the place was empty.

Retail was different. There was almost nothing worse than the store being empty for the last hour or two on a slow day, where we had pretty much exhausted our normal time burning chores. More to the point, things like sweeping and hunting for more stock actually tended to make time move slower, not faster.

I'm doing a 40 hour week and I'm exhausted and feeling fatigued. Running after children everyday does it to you. Yes there are the sweet ones but I don't think I'll be working with children in my actual career

Doing a minimum 35 hr week including lunch but that can easily shoot up to 70+ hrs for this summer. Only really shitty part is that I'm salaried so no extra money for extra work.

Anyone else brandishing eyeliner once more after MCRs teaser?