Today...

Leoo

This hurricane has been pretty unimpressive so far. I might actually have to go into work tomorrow.

I saw a school bus lose control and slide into three lanes. Someone braked for a redlight, but ended up 10+ feet into the intersection. Bunch of other smaller stuff.

I decided my medication management appointment was not worth people who think some rain is dangerous, so I turned around and went home after the school bus did its thing.

North Carolina: can't handle snow, can't handle ice, can't handle the wimpy outskirts of a hurricane. Incredible! What would they do during any of the dozen strongest dozen or so hurricanes I 'survived' while living in Florida? Probably look like some apocalyptic movie set...

ozXHe7P.png

This hurricane has been pretty unimpressive so far. I might actually have to go into work tomorrow.

I saw a school bus lose control and slide into three lanes. Someone braked for a redlight, but ended up 10+ feet into the intersection. Bunch of other smaller stuff.

I decided my medication management appointment was not worth people who think some rain is dangerous, so I turned around and went home after the school bus did its thing.

North Carolina: can't handle snow, can't handle ice, can't handle the wimpy outskirts of a hurricane. Incredible! What would they do during any of the dozen strongest dozen or so hurricanes I 'survived' while living in Florida? Probably look like some apocalyptic movie set...

Unfortunately it seems Americans sink to subsistence about as readily as we rise to a challenge. It's kind of the same situation in my hometown when they get the first inch or two of snow...when were you in Florida anyway, must have been a while because they just had the first hurricane to make landfall there in 11 years.

In other news I got my credit report in the mail and I really hate these agencies right now. I wanted the bank to raise my credit limit so I could improve my credit score, but they rejected it because some score they retrieved was too low. I was almost hoping there was some fraud on there so it could be improved...I guess I'll call them/the bank after the holiday and ask them to explain why it's so low...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Unfortunately it seems Americans sink to subsistence about as readily as we rise to a challenge. It's kind of the same situation in my hometown when they get the first inch or two of snow...when were you in Florida anyway, must have been a while because they just had the first hurricane to make landfall there in 11 years.

In other news I got my credit report in the mail and I really hate these agencies right now. I wanted the bank to raise my credit limit so I could improve my credit score, but they rejected it because some score they retrieved was too low. I was almost hoping there was some fraud on there so it could be improved...I guess I'll call them/the bank after the holiday and ask them to explain why it's so low...

I was born in Florida, and moved to The Best Carolina 12 years ago January. So 1992 (six-months old during Andrew) to 2004.

ozXHe7P.png

I'm in Bologna now and I've probably been the best teacher this time round as I have a proper setup. I like my class and they clearly like me. Harmony with my colleagues is another story but tomorrow two Canadian guys are coming to help us out so I feel like the chemistry of our group will change hopefully. Going back home next Saturday. I've literally lived for three months in Italy and I'm kind of surprised that I managed to do it

To the pregnant guy: Babies are fun. Don't panic. You'll still finish school. You've got a solid 9 months to prepare. Breath. Get excited.

If you're one of the people who has always said that you "wanted kids some day" then having one earlier than you planned could be a blessing in disguise. I grew up with old parents, my mom had me when she was in her 40's, my parents were just too old to ever be able to do the fun things with me that I wanted to be able to do with them. When my wife and I were surprised with our son a few years ago, well before we had planned, it terrified me at first. Was I going to be able to finish school? How are we going to afford a baby? I'm too young to be a dad. But then I realized that I get to be the dad to my son that I never had. Someday I can coach his soccer team, take him camping and fishing, RKO him in a homemade wrestling ring. Is being a dad hard? Damn right it is, man. Does having a kid when you're "too young" make it even harder? Damn right it does. But just wait until you hold that little dude in your arms for the first time, whether he was planned, accidental, wanted, not wanted, your entire life will change and you will realize that you weren't living until he showed up. And 18 years from now, you and I will be glad that we had kids when we did because we won't be old farts as we watch our own kids go off to college and someday start families of their own.

Don't panic. Get excited.

• Like 4

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

To the pregnant guy: Babies are fun. Don't panic. You'll still finish school. You've got a solid 9 months to prepare. Breath. Get excited.

If you're one of the people who has always said that you "wanted kids some day" then having one earlier than you planned could be a blessing in disguise. I grew up with old parents, my mom had me when she was in her 40's, my parents were just too old to ever be able to do the fun things with me that I wanted to be able to do with them. When my wife and I were surprised with our son a few years ago, well before we had planned, it terrified me at first. Was I going to be able to finish school? How are we going to afford a baby? I'm too young to be a dad. But then I realized that I get to be the dad to my son that I never had. Someday I can coach his soccer team, take him camping and fishing, RKO him in a homemade wrestling ring. Is being a dad hard? Damn right it is, man. Does having a kid when you're "too young" make it even harder? Damn right it does. But just wait until you hold that little dude in your arms for the first time, whether he was planned, accidental, wanted, not wanted, your entire life will change and you will realize that you weren't living until he showed up. And 18 years from now, you and I will be glad that we had kids when we did because we won't be old farts as we watch our own kids go off to college and someday start families of their own.

I think Goon meant to say, "Meow."

But seriously, some great points that nobody else here would really be able to provide to you lower and even some that are making me rethink my life plan a little.

I just saw a Buick GNX.

In my hometown.

I just wet myself.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Man, what is up with non-American people and Buicks? They're just old people cars. Even the 'cooler' ones are just... Bland.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Probably the same reason we get worked up over European imports honestly

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

European imports are pretty low on my list of cars that I would consider cool as well. American/Japanese or bust.

Fixing a car of European origin costs a mint over here. You have to pay way more than the car is worth to drive it off the lot as it is. There is no sense in overpaying for parts too.

19509_s.gif

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

You had an accidental pregnancy with your wife though. That's a lot different than having an accidental pregnancy with a girl you've only been dating for a little while-- especially if you weren't planning on getting married
  • Like 1

77yLQy8.png

Nuclear family status is over rated any way

Umm, do you even know what car is the Buick GNX?

Pure 80's American muscle. They all made like twice the claimed horsepower on dyno.

And I didn't even know any of these were in Europe. Only 547 total made and they were tuned by McLaren. It beat a [bleep]ing Ferrari F40 on a quarter mile.

They cost around $100k each right now.

It is pretty much the only American car I like.

The European Mercedes Benz 500E from the same time is my second favourite from the 80's. Robust, brute, powerful. More power than you know what to do with. Tuned by Porsche.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I understand the fascination with American muscle cars but when I think Buick I think old farts driving bench seat boats.

• Like 2

Man, what is up with non-American people and Buicks? They're just old people cars. Even the 'cooler' ones are just... Bland.

I used to drive a Buick Century. Because my grandparents didn't want it anymore

So, it was even too old for old people! :P

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

My dad used to have a Century station wagon as a company car. We gave it away to my cousin a year or two before I started learning to drive though, so I never got the pleasure of driving it.

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

Moved into dorms yesterday for school. So far just bored as nothing was planned for the days prior too for activities. Otherwise just need to adjust to doing shit for myself, such as getting food and whatnot.

My dad used to have a Century station wagon as a company car. We gave it away to my cousin a year or two before I started learning to drive though, so I never got the pleasure of driving it.

Mine was a sedan. Literally identical to the one in the Wikipedia article actually.

They're not the prettiest cars, but they're really nice to drive, especially when you're still learning.

I installed FreeBSD 11.0 RC2 on another HDD. I use FreeBSD 10.3 on my main disk, but want to try some of the new things in FreeBSD 11 like the much improved hypervisor. Ran into some problems with the UEFI bootloader, but after some troubleshooting, got it working. Have the main stuff (/usr, /etc, /var, so on) on a thumb drive and the other stuff (/usr/local, /home) on an encrypted partition.

Can't wait to try out the new features.

Also, on a really old Atom-based netbook (an Acer Aspire One) I installed OpenBSD. Really like OpenBSD--works very nicely on the laptop. I had installed an OpenBSD 6.0 snapshot--for some reason I thought it had been released a week or two ago--but it was easy to upgrade to release.

ozXHe7P.png

First day of the new job right now. First thing I did was take a massive dump. :thumbsup: