Today...

Leoo

I'm gonna start quoting statutes of gubernatorial election law just so I feel like I fit in with all this other gibberish

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

In the superior Lua, both return '2'. String concatenation is done with a separate operator.

I prefer dynamic typing for rapid things, like simple scripts or small programs, where I won't have to refactor. For anything else, types are simply too useful when writing clean, maintainable code.

ozXHe7P.png

1+"1"=2

"1"+1=11

Have to force it into a type anyways to prevent errors

Those don't both return 11? Interesting....

Maybe in python they both return 11 but in javascript that first one will return 2
They both return '11' in js

I just finished Stranger Things.  Holy shit. Also I have to be up for work in 4 hours, but it was worth it.  Strong recommend to anyone who hasn't checked it out yet.

I'd suggest one episode a day.  It's great to binge but having now finished, I wish I had drawn it out a little bit more for myself.

• Like 2

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Yesterday was the birthday of this girl i know. We hooked up a few times in the past. She's a cool girl. I found out though that it was her 30th birthday. I was actually in disbelief. I thought she was 22, 23 at most. When i think about it even now it still doesn't make sense how she's 30... It's weird. I'm obviously really bad at judging people's age.

I just think it's weird how it never occurred to me that she might be that much older. She just doesn't look/act like any of the other typical 30 year olds i know, which is why i always assumed she was in her early 20s. It just made so much more sense.

I think the hardest part of my desk job is staying at my desk. How do people function in an office environment after a lunch break? It's cripplingly boring

I think the hardest part of my desk job is staying at my desk. How do people function in an office environment after a lunch break? It's cripplingly boring

Remember what you did when grinding those 99's

See, most places frown upon watching Netflix while afking your job.

• Like 2

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

I only stay at my desk for like half an hour at a time, then I go somewhere else to chill out for 15 minutes or so

This election has been too funny which corrupt politician do you prefer the criminal or the racist.

Might as well choose godzilla or king kong

There really shouldn't be much of an argument here. You vote for the one who isn't actively trying to hurt people

I only stay at my desk for like half an hour at a time, then I go somewhere else to chill out for 15 minutes or so

This election has been too funny which corrupt politician do you prefer the criminal or the racist.

There really shouldn't be much of an argument here. You vote for the one who isn't actively trying to hurt people
That's a pretty simplistic statement. I doubt either of them believes their policies are going to hurt people, but they both will do so nonetheless.

GARY JOHNSON 2016

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

In reality I think the truth is that both of them are corrupt and powerful people who hold no true ideology but will say anything to any crowd to gain more power and once they get the job will act the same as any president.

That's why I find the notion that since Clinton has many claimed positions similar or identical Sanders that she is minimally different from Sanders to be so absurd.

It's unlikely she sticks to most of these positions, since 1) she didn't hold them or act on them before and 2) given previous presidents of the same origin (establishment) even bother with critical campaign promises once elected.

To be fair, I think Trump is the same to a large extent, but Trump has no record to go by.

ozXHe7P.png

While Clinton says all the correct things I don't think she will act very differently than Trump. Which is her biggest problem, most people don't trust her.

Trumps biggest problem is he is a vocal and open [wagon]. Which is his biggest problem, people trust that he will act stupidly.

In reality I think the truth is that both of them are corrupt and powerful people who hold no true ideology but will say anything to any crowd to gain more power and once they get the job will act the same as any president.

Ultimately it comes down to the justices they are going to nominate, and you can trust that Clinton and Trump will nominate very different justices. Especially since this is an election where a Republican candidate can nominate up to 4 justices, you basically have a moral obligation to not vote Republican. Say what you want about economics, or corruption, or whatever, but having a Republican-majority supreme court would be devastating to a lot of people.

I think citing "moral obligation" is a terrible thing to vote for a morally bankrupt candidate because she will be able to nominate a justice or two like the past dozens of presidents. The "up to four" is nonsense. The same logic applies to the last dozens of presidents once again, and there's rarely been a case of four justices being nominated over one presidency.

Not to mention most everyone sacrifices hundreds of moral obligations every week--maybe every day--for expediency.

It's funny, in a sad way, how true Thoreau's words are:

There are thousands who are in opinion opposed to slavery and to the war, who yet in effect do nothing to put an end to them; who, esteeming themselves children of Washington and Franklin, sit down with their hands in their pockets, and say that they know not what to do, and do nothing; who even postpone the question of freedom to the question of free trade, and quietly read the prices-current along with the latest advices from Mexico, after dinner, and, it may be, fall asleep over them both. What is the price-current of an honest man and patriot today? They hesitate, and they regret, and sometimes they petition; but they do nothing in earnest and with effect. They will wait, well disposed, for others to remedy the evil, that they may no longer have it to regret. At most, they give only a cheap vote, and a feeble countenance and God-speed, to the right, as it goes by them.

Your vote means nothing, and there is no moral high-ground you can claim by voting.

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

Finally have myself settled into school and through the first week of classes. Seems like its going to be a rough semester with a lot of studying ahead, but definitely better to have the year to do the studying instead of the previous 3 months the program had.

Otherwise, although its really early in a 2 year program, I already face the dilemma of what to do upon graduation. Most people I've talked to working in the field, paramedicine, say that you should grab a couple of years experience at the PCP/BLS level before moving up to the ACP/ALS level. However, one of the instructors pointed out today that if we plan to go ACP and know it we should just go straight into the program because no other profession in the healthcare field does the same thing.

While supreme Court is generally good at following crowd favor, that isn't always the case (sure they did go for gay marriage but it did take them a LONG time to finally do so). There's tons of other examples of unpopular supreme Court rulings that I'm toon lazy to Google right now. So while a Republican appointed justice might not be worst case scenario, it really depends on the individuals chosen, and I do think that Hillary would appoint leaders that I'd agree with moreso than trump would. Just look at their VP choices as an example

Bleh, US politics.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

GPU pass through with bhyve doesn't work as intended. Something to do with PCI BAR registration and Intel's maximum addressable memory (39 bits, at least for my CPU). Whatever that means. Lurking the mailing list...

Not sure what to do. Have a project in mind that requires a few operating systems, and rebooting doesn't seem nice. Will probably use some Linux distro with Xen that hasn't succumbed to "Microsoft-style Unix" (systemd et al) for this, but there's few choices.

ozXHe7P.png

Buy laptop for $500-$600 with 2 year warranty, hope to get 4 years' use out of it if you're lucky, rinse and repeat lol.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.