Today...

Leoo

That red sauce was definitely not bbq sauce.

In other news, in Hue, rolling around in millions and millions of dongs.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

That's the thing Saq, BBQ sauce is such a broad term that it can apply to everything from a thick sweet sauce to a spicy vinegar based liquid. 

You should try to describe the flavor of it, like what kind of ingredients did you specifically taste in the sauce.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

That's the thing Saq, BBQ sauce is such a broad term that it can apply to everything from a thick sweet sauce to a spicy vinegar based liquid.

You should try to describe the flavor of it, like what kind of ingredients did you specifically taste in the sauce.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/short-ribs-in-tomato-sauce/

There is a recipe with a red sauce as opposed to a BBQ sauce. It's a thing. You can just do it. It's not that crazy.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I've been very stressed lately so today I decided to listen to some ASMR while I play ArenaScape.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Someone hacked my original account that I sank so much time into. Like easily over 1500 hours. After I found that out (after like a 4+ year hiatus of play) I played osrs for a couple months until I eventually just got bored. Fun times, but never again.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I've played nearly 6,000 hours of RuneScape and I'm not even near maxed stats. But to put it in context, it's not so bad: averaged about 1 1/3 hour a day. Considering the bulk of my play time would have been from 2004 through early 2007 (i.e., middle school / early high school), it doesn't feel like time wasted.

I play like 2-4 hours a week now.

ozXHe7P.png

Someone hacked my original account that I sank so much time into. Like easily over 1500 hours. After I found that out (after like a 4+ year hiatus of play) I played osrs for a couple months until I eventually just got bored. Fun times, but never again.

Did you ever try getting your account back?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Yeah I played like nonstop throughout high school. But then once I got to college I'd only play during breaktime. Then EoC happened after I graduated along with the new interface and I quit playing cuz the game was unrecognizable to me.

I played OSRS a ton when it first came out, then I just got on to collect MTK every few months for the next couple of years. Did the 6 hour AFK thing while it lasted for 99 HP, att, str, def, and magic. Then spent my MTK money on 99 range. Wanted to go barraging at CW like old times, but realized it wasn't as fun as it used to be when my friends played. CW has changed a lot too. Overall there's not really any reason for me to keep playing-- there's nothing "fun" to spend my time/money on anymore. The game's mostly just about arbitrary grinding now simply for completion's sake... Which as an adult feels like a massive waste of time

77yLQy8.png

I never connected it to an email because when I started Jagex was super anti email, and I never bothered setting security questions. Not really interested in playing again so it's kind of moot

I did try to log on to my original account (muggiwhplar) a while back but my login info didnt work anymore, oddly. I filled out a form and sent an email to them and never heard back. I guess their customer support department isn't interested in servicing accounts perm banned for major bug abuse :lol:

77yLQy8.png

Ah okay, I see then. They are actually pretty good at restoring accounts to the original owner in most cases, but it can take some persistence and several iterations.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I started on another poem to memorize today: "City in the Sea" by Edgar Allan Poe. It's beautiful, and reminds me of "The Hollow Men" by T. S. Eliot.

Finished "Ozymandias" by Percy Shelley a week or two ago. I love "Ozymandias", I find it such an inspirational poem. Only things made by the people, like the sculpture of Ozymandias in the poem, survive history. The description of the sculpture gives greatness to its sculptor--an otherwise nameless ghost--while Ozymandias's achievements remain nowhere to be seen.

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

Today I been playing catch up on OGame and Cyber Nations. Oh, I also farmed Mephisto for an hour in Diablo 2 trying to get the yellow Charged Essence of Hatred... and was pleasantly surprised to also pick up a perfect Stormshield Monarch.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

College is fun! Especially when you make smart life choices, such as knowing you have a test on Monday and spending all weekend until supper time Sunday playing video games.

• Like 1

College is fun! Especially when you make smart life choices, such as knowing you have a test on Monday and spending all weekend until supper time Sunday playing video games.

I don't see the problem. You have all night to study!

• Like 2

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

I did try to log on to my original account (muggiwhplar) a while back but my login info didnt work anymore, oddly. I filled out a form and sent an email to them and never heard back. I guess their customer support department isn't interested in servicing accounts perm banned for major bug abuse :lol:

They actually give bug abuse bans?

[hide]

I've only ever got RWT or account sharing bans for bug abuse

[/hide]

Most definitely, seems to happen on a routine basis. One recent example.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Yeah mine was classified as "Bug Abuse Major" IIRC.

I know they'll perm ban accounts for consistent player harassment but the system will say "Bug Abuse Major" or something. They said that happens because when they wish to perm ban someone, they just tell the system it's bug abuse because that's the only option associated with a perm ban. There's no category in the system for perm ban player harassment or something like that. Some JMod explained it on reddit a while back when a guy was complaining about his perm ban for consistently harassing people

Then there's "bug abuse minor" which leads to temp bans, usually from briefly abusing new broken training methods. This happened when people were temp banned for thieving with the achievement diary rewards which gave pickpocketing a massive increase in exp/hr which was unintended. Though understandably most people thought it was just overpowered rather than a bug. The diary rewards simply stacked incorrectly or something like that

77yLQy8.png

In a game where grinding is the competition, shouldn't it be encouraged to find the best/fastest method of leveling?

In a game where grinding is the competition, shouldn't it be encouraged to find the best/fastest method of leveling?

I think after efficiency became widespread, people then began to start coming up with what types of efficiency is "ethical" and which isn't. The people at the top of high scores can dictate whatever they feel is "cheating" due to how efficient it is. For example, I remember when microtransactions first started showing up in RS3, it was taboo for people to use those to advance, even though they're definitely the most efficient means to level up, and they're also 100% within the rules of the game. Or when top players would get donations, that was frowned upon too. But when it comes to stuff like that, people have a tendency to look at the end result rather than the processes which led to that result. The players who got donations only got donations because of the dozens of thousands of hours they'd poured into the game to get to the top of the high scores. Or the time spent in marketing themselves to get a large Twitch/Youtube following. You can't just enter the game and get people to start donating lots of shit to do-- it requires a lot of work to get people to donate. Shit, back in the day when I had my Fight Caves guide it was like the most popular RS guide on the web for about a year. Then I set the world record for the fire cape and all of a sudden I had tons of RWT offers in my inbox for people wanting me to get them their own fire cape on their pures. I didn't just magically get all those offers without putting in some kind of effort beforehand to make them want my services :P

I'm pretty sure those guys would get upset anytime a new best training method would come along too, if it was for a skill they'd already maxed out because they'd felt that it "devalued" their hard work. They didn't seem to realize that playing the game as a skiller trying to impress people is a losing long-term strategy since training improvements inevitably are introduced on practically a monthly basis.

In 2007scape, for a while you could AFK combat for 6 hours at a time with 0 interaction with the game while you slept. It wasn't against the rules and you only got about 13k XP/hr, but people hated the fact that you could train while sleeping. While it was inefficient as [bleep] in terms of in-game hours spent, it was extremely efficient in terms of "real life" efficiency since you could set it up and have it run for 6 hours while you're at work or sleeping and not playing the game. In other words, it was basically like the farming skill or the Miscellania minigame: two "real life efficient" things which nobody has a problem with lol

I think people would be a lot happier if they just played the game how they wanted to, as long as they're not directly [bleep]ing with other people (e.g. scamming), and quit succumbing to online peer pressure :P

77yLQy8.png

That's always encouraged, but finding an exploit which is obviously not intended (i.e. turning logs into a completely different resource in the example I cited) is clearly a different story.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Bear in mind that this is a game where basic quality of life and player health-centric improvements were decried as making things too easy. We've traditionally been saltier about an update aimed at preventing repetitive stress injuries than the fact that players can, and have(?) literally cheated their way to the top.