Today...

Leoo

Things are very different once you max your account in rs. Up until then, you can make excuses to get cheap xp, because at least there's a reward for it. Not everyone enjoys training magic, so if fire blasting rats overnight lets you do Barrows, then go for it.

But after you've achieved everything there is to achieve, I think that the goal is to become better at the game. For me, that meant spending hours studying how runespan worked in order to achieve 130k xp/hour or figuring out how draconic jadinkos worked and averaging 350k xp/hour.

If you're just sitting around at crystal trees until you have 200m woodcutting, then what even is the point? What are you trying to prove? Are you better off in any way because you had runescape up in another window every day for 6 months?

^ I did something similar with Tormented Demons. I was never happy with doing the same strategy. So I tried different things, put effort into documenting their mechanics, and eventually broke 140, then 160, then 170, all the way up to post-200 KPH. There's a bit more I could improve but I get bored too easily now, though.

I couldn't bear thinking about trying the same exact strategy for hundreds of hours, regardless of how 'good' the strategy is. There can be improvement, and finding this improvement was what was enjoyable.

ozXHe7P.png

I've only viewed skilling as a means to an end-- usually so I could get the stats for PK'ing or PvM back in the day. XP beyond 99 always felt meaningless to me since I never cared about ranks and training combat was boring. Part of the reason OSRS never hooked me back in is because I don't really enjoy PvP or PvM anymore. The money isn't more efficient than Miscellania and the thrill of combat isn't as fun as League of Legends. Even though there's plenty of "goals" I could still pursue, none of them feel like a wise use of my time since they won't bring me any enjoyment after reaching them.

RS is kind of just one big carrot on a stick. If you don't enjoy chasing the carrot, then you're probably wasting your time and you'll regret all the time spent playing once you finally get the carrot.

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

RS is kind of just one big carrot on a stick. If you don't enjoy chasing the carrot, then you're probably wasting your time and you'll regret all the time spent playing once you finally get the carrot.

That's why I don't do things in the game that I find boring. It's why half my skills are under 80 despite playing for over 10 years.

I am/was bored often enough due to some ahedonia-like symptom, I don't need a game to expound on it.

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

I don't regret the time I spent achieving (some of) the goals I set for myself in RS. I do regret that I put so much effort into it. But it's not like I had better things to do anyway so nothing of value was really lost.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

7 years ago today was the great TIF rollback that wiped out oh so many threads

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Why is West Palm Beach on the East side of the state? Where is East Palm Beach?

to the east, it's just much smaller
Actually, it's on the north border of the state.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I lived in West Palm Beach (well, next to it, in Lake Worth) and never realized that, nor ever learned why.

edit: It's because of a town called "Palm Beach", created in part by some tycoon. West Palm Beach was town providing services to Palm Beach. It ended up getting bigger. Reading the article about West Palm Beach was really a nostalgia trip.

ozXHe7P.png

Dudes. I am so bored. Nobody wants to hang out cuz they'd have to drive home in the storm. But it's not even rainy or windy right now and I'm just sitting around watching a shitty football game.

Bit late but I've been offered a place for a master's degree. I also sought some counselling for some of my mental problems and I just feel so happy overall.

I've been drunk basically every night for a whole week which is something I'm not proud of but I've been able to repair feuds that have lasted years because of that because I've been able to just walk up to the people that I have bad blood with and just apologise. 

• Like 1

Guy I work with owns a property just outside west Palm Beach. He was a little nervous today.

I heard that Florida was swaying Republican so hillary summoned a storm to knock out the heathens

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Guy I work with owns a property just outside west Palm Beach. He was a little nervous today.

I heard that Florida was swaying Republican so hillary summoned a storm to knock out the heathens

She's got bad timing because voter registration deadline is the 11th isn't it? :P

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.