Today...

Leoo

Someone hit reply all at work today and it was a disaster

We ONLY hit reply all generally. Working in Tech makes that the mindset.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Someone hit reply all at work today and it was a disaster

We ONLY hit reply all generally. Working in Tech makes that the mindset.

wat

ps. mh tf2 plz

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I saw a report that said it was the first hybrid handheld and home console, but wasn't the Wii U effectively just that?

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I saw a report that said it was the first hybrid handheld and home console, but wasn't the Wii U effectively just that?

The Wii U GamePad must be within range of the physical console. From experience, this is 10-20 feet depending on reception (walls, etc reduce it). So not quite.

ozXHe7P.png

Switch totally blew Red Dead 2 out of the water.

That thing looks slick.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Three weeks into my final year of University, struggling to balance my two jobs to be honest.

I can't really leave either of them because one is essential for my chosen career path and the other one has given me my accommodation.

I think the accommodation one will calm down eventually, there just seems to be an epidemic of really bad criminal behaviour on campus. 

My job is to essentially make sure that students feel safe and comfortable on campus, and I've been trained in mental health first aid and I haven't had to put into practice that training so far,

but I've had to sort out big arguments that have become violent and I'm very surprised I've managed to do it. It's the highest paid student job available.

In addition, I have to work a few night shifts that basically just mean I have a special phone on me that people will call if they need urgent help. The first line of responders are the people I supervise, so they sort out very trivial things, but they would call me if a situation was very intense, or sensitive. So while I often get paid for doing nothing (because I don't get calls), when I do get a call it means shit's going down.

Also, I'm dating someone again and it's really nice actually to have company so frequently, I don't want a relationship, it's the company aspect that I'm really enjoying.

Finally looked into the Nintendo Switch and I think I'm in love

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Went out into the desert last night to camp out a bit. Watched the meteor shower. Fell asleep under the start. It was all very amazing. Made even more amazing by the fact that i took shrooms for the first time. What a night to remember. I do think i need a good massage now though.

A couple days ago I found out a LEGO kit that has been sitting unopened in my closet for a few years is apparently worth $300 or so.

The pack rat in me says keep it, but I put it up for sale. It definitely pains me...

ozXHe7P.png

Which kit number?

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

A couple days ago I found out a LEGO kit that has been sitting unopened in my closet for a few years is apparently worth $300 or so.

The pack rat in me says keep it, but I put it up for sale. It definitely pains me...

Definitely sell it, maybe you can buy a used/unboxed one for far cheaper? Depends on which set I'd imagine...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Which kit number?

It's 10228, Monster Fighters "Haunted House".

Definitely sell it, maybe you can buy a used/unboxed one for far cheaper? Depends on which set I'd imagine...

Possibly. Probably not. The margin between used/new isn't too different. But a large bill last month took out a good portion our savings, so I'd like to get it back up in the mean time.

Edited by Veiva

ozXHe7P.png

Which kit number?

It's 10228, Monster Fighters "Haunted House".

Possibly. Probably not. The margin between used/new isn't too different. But a large bill last month took out a good portion our savings, so I'd like to get it back up in the mean time.

Hmm that's too bad, I guess I had the impression collectors would pay an insane amount for unopened, brand new condition one and that any used one would be a tenth the price. But still, should be a nice boon to your savings then :).

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

The antenna dish for the LEGO UCS Millennium Falcon is worth like $200, and the kit itself is easily $2,000 used.

LEGO bricks are made out of adamantium-derivative plastic, they keep their value well. And after all, the value of a LEGO kit is having it built, which requires opening the box anyway.

ozXHe7P.png

So today I was reminded about this (previously large) part of my life, so I figured I would go ahead and check in. 

I used to be quite active here in Off-Topic, and found that I loved all kinds of threads and topics. There was a core group of other tipit-ers that I became fairly close with over my 2 lurking + 5 active years, and they definitely fuel a lot of the nostalgia I feel. If you were ever a part of those late-night MSN conversations featuring Matt, Suzi, Aaron, Lyra, Ben, and many others, please, please reach out, I'd love to catch up.

As for what I did today: I really just bummed around the house getting chores done slowly and nostalgia-tripping my way through Runescape and the tip.it forums. I started work recently so I'm letting myself enjoy the luxury of wasting time for the first few weeks of this, something I haven't had since starting university.

That coincidentily, is about the time I stopped visiting tip.it, although I don't know if its the reason. Since then though, I've had a great time starting and graduating university, and I now work designing large-scale cooling and ventilation systems for mission-critical buildings, also known as data centres and always-on facilities.

PS: Was Estonian Dude previously known by as Trapical/some with "tropical" in the name? The palm-tree avatar makes me think of the one guy who pulled off a mission impossible-style high school prank, and that is still one of the best things I've read on the internet.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

So today I was reminded about this (previously large) part of my life, so I figured I would go ahead and check in. 

I used to be quite active here in Off-Topic, and found that I loved all kinds of threads and topics. There was a core group of other tipit-ers that I became fairly close with over my 2 lurking + 5 active years, and they definitely fuel a lot of the nostalgia I feel. If you were ever a part of those late-night MSN conversations featuring Matt, Suzi, Aaron, Lyra, Ben, and many others, please, please reach out, I'd love to catch up.

As for what I did today: I really just bummed around the house getting chores done slowly and nostalgia-tripping my way through Runescape and the tip.it forums. I started work recently so I'm letting myself enjoy the luxury of wasting time for the first few weeks of this, something I haven't had since starting university.

That coincidentily, is about the time I stopped visiting tip.it, although I don't know if its the reason. Since then though, I've had a great time starting and graduating university, and I now work designing large-scale cooling and ventilation systems for mission-critical buildings, also known as data centres and always-on facilities.

PS: Was Estonian Dude previously known by as Trapical/some with "tropical" in the name? The palm-tree avatar makes me think of the one guy who pulled off a mission impossible-style high school prank, and that is still one of the best things I've read on the internet.

Nah, Estonian Dude used to be Saq.

I'm loving the camera on my iPhone 7+.

z3e6eN0.jpg

oeXe0R7.jpg

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Did Trapical ever actually do that prank though? Or was it copypasta? I was young enough to believe it then, but now I'm old and cynical and can't trust my own memory.

I want to believe.

• Like 1

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Hmmm i've been thinking about upgrading my phone. I'm still using an iPhone 4. I've had it since Christmas 2011, so it's pushing 5 years now. I'm actually surprised that in all this time i've never had to get anything fixed or replaced. I've dropped it a few times, but never hard enough to crack the screen. Technically it's still in perfect working condition. The battery is still relatively fine too. I have to charge it every day if i use it often, or every 2 or 3 days if it just sits there. My only issue with it now is that with every iOS update it gets slower and slower. Apps are taking longer to respond, which gets slightly annoying sometimes. Especially when i'm in a rush to do something. The biggest thing holding me back, from upgrading, is sentimental value. My first smartphone. My first iPhone. It has pictures, conversations, etc. on it that i don't want to lose. Even if i never look at them, or read them, it's nice knowing they're there. The other obvious thing is price. I just can't justify paying ~$835 for an iPhone 7. Maybe it's time i just bite the bullet and get a new one. 

• Like 1