Today...

Leoo

We rented bicycles in Toronto in June. There people ride quite a bit, there's a lot of bike lanes and people do give you space and consider you as an element of traffic.

Many native torontians would disagree with that assessment....

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

We rented bicycles in Toronto in June. There people ride quite a bit, there's a lot of bike lanes and people do give you space and consider you as an element of traffic.

He just thought of a non us city and rolled with it

• Like 2

I'm self teaching myself SQL so maybe I can finally understand all you code monkeys when you start jabbering about programs. Maybe.

I was hanging with my buddy yesterday and I hadn't seen him in a while so I asked him the latest stupid thing he did (he notoriously does the dumbest stuff) and starts off with

"so I got into a car accident"

Of course he was fine I was looking at him so I asked how his truck was (accurately, his dad's truck) and he says

"I hit a fire truck"

To which I said "how the [bleep] did you hit a fire truck"

He goes "it was parked"

Obviously I exclaim how stupid he is so loudly I almost missed the part when he said

"For a funeral"

Like dude. How the [bleep] do you hit a parked fire truck in a funeral

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Idk, usually I catch errors like that before I even go to build

Sorry you have to use visual basic though

they're writing gui's to track a killers IP address :lol:

to the peeps in here who javascript but like typed languages how do you feel about typescript?

ie:

https://github.com/Microsoft/TypeScriptSamples/blob/master/raytracer/raytracer.ts

TS is a nice improvement to JS, but if you're using a compile to JS language, TS is pretty far down the list in my opinion. Types are nice and all, but TS doesn't really make development that much better, other than solving a handful of common bugs and adding a couple of features. Elm & ClojureScript really do a great job of making frontend development a lot easier and more fun for developers, so I'll always choose them over TS if I'm committing to a compile to JS language. Elm in particular is really, really nice to work with. At work we just use Babel to keep up with the ES spec though.

& of course using something like TS on the server (and 90% of the code I write is meant to run on the server) is kinda pointless. We'd just use one of the billion other type safe languages if type safety was important to us.

• Like 1

My question: how does a Canadian being rude compare with an American in a normal mood? As I imagine Canadians are probably a lot more polite than we are...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

My question: how does a Canadian being rude compare with an American in a normal mood? As I imagine Canadians are probably a lot more polite than we are...

Canadians and Americans are similarly polite in my experience. We tend to say sorry a bit more but that's not a big deal

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Also depends where in America. A corn farmer in Nebraska is more likely to be friendly than a guy that grew up in the bronx

I've been working on an incredibly novel software project recently.

But I'm doing so under an anonymous identity, because of liability, which is a bit sad. Oh well. Probably on more secret government lists now, too, since I'm using Tor a lot more often as a result.

Also, the Haunted House LEGO kit box got damaged because I'm an idiot, so I decided not to sell it. I'm going to build it tomorrow. Fitting.

ozXHe7P.png

Guys, I'm thinking of changing my major halfway through my senior year. I'm currently student teaching and I love the kids but I'm already getting sick of the politics. Idk what to do

finish your degree, get a job (preferably in sales :D), then go get another degree later on when you can afford it if you still want to and need to

77yLQy8.png

Guys, I'm thinking of changing my major halfway through my senior year. I'm currently student teaching and I love the kids but I'm already getting sick of the politics. Idk what to do

Keep going until December when the elections are over? This is a very temporary problem...

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Keep going until December when the elections are over? This is a very temporary problem...
Damn you look that literally

Are you referring to the current political environment or identity politics in general or something else?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Damn you look that literally
Okay, well, it was either that or the like office politics. But my friend just got done with a politics section in her teaching practicum with high school students, and that wasn't a fun experience for her, so it wasn't entirely baseless.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

The politics of teaching largely change on the school you work in

First post from my new room. Major move. All of 12 miles from my parents  :rolleyes:

anyway, here's my halloween costume cause I want to share:

14907127_10154659538968622_1046110227984

• Like 1

There's an old programming forum I visit, but some members have pretty much become poster children for alt-right, so I stopped visiting. They especially obsess over feminism and how it's oppressing them.

So I decided to pop by after not visiting for months, and what do you know, a 3 page topic on why feminism is bad. You know, because it should be acceptable to grope women in VR games.

It makes me sad. It was a small community, like off-topic here, but the few alt-right dickbags are just too much.

ozXHe7P.png