Today...

Leoo

The control panel will be a separate module with a simple web UI (HTML + CSS + JavaScript) front-end and the MoonScript/OpenResty back-end (serving the web UI, exposing a REST API). The module itself is a front-end to the project, which is a combination of C++ and MoonScript  running across multiple machines and communicating via a nifty protocol I developed. I'm not using MoonScript on the "front-end" front-end (i.e., the simple web UI).

The project is a bunch of loosely-coupled modules processing large amounts of data to makes decisions, which in turn generates more data, etc.  My testing environment is unsuitable for an actual product.  I literally have to run "bmashina -e foo.bar.baz" if I want to execute the task "foo.bar.baz," for example, and that's only manageable during testing on a single machine. If I want to supply arguments, I have to write a task that wraps "foo.bar.baz" and passes new arguments. I need a single point to handle all this much more efficiently, and that's what the control panel will be.

ozXHe7P.png

Messing with drivers' school gets old fast. Real fast.

Also, my basketball season ended. We lost the second game on play-offs...

I need to exercise and train more.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Today I played some Halo 5 with friends under Legendary and got stomped pretty hard lol.

In Halo Wars 2 though, I think I've won almost all of my PvP games over the past week. I'm getting a good hang of it, and eventually I should probably do Ranked if I can keep this going.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Nah, works been busy and then I get home and play the new Hearthstone expansion. Haven't been compulsively checking TIF as much as usual

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I need to study for drivers' exam tomorrow...

Also, found out I might just need to hit the knife again. Shortly. And lose a chunk of my foot.

Yay me.

EDIT: Also, that moment when it is difficult to get a good x-ray of your lungs. Because your back is too wide. Has to be taken in landscape mode.

#firstworldproblems

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

I'm having social anxiety problems and I need someone to look at this email and tell me if the...networking(?) stuff is okay, because I literally can't tell.

Dear [former supervisor],

It looks like I either lost, or never received, my 2016 W-2 for [old company]. Do you know who I need to contact to get that reissued/resent?

In personal news, I'm really startin' to get into the swing of things here at [current company]. We just had our semi-annual agency workshops, a bunch of different insurance agencies and underwriters flying in to watch seminars and talks about insurance. The free food was nice, but I gotta say, it wasn't nearly as fun as making a minigolf hole, lol.

How is everything going for you at [old company]? Anything new and exciting going down in your world?

Sincerely,

Tyler

The reason I'm asking for tax documents a week before taxes are due (instead of earlier) is 100% because of this [bleep]ing email. Ugh.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Sounds good as long as you made a minigolf hole with him

Though if you just want a form, I'd nix the networking stuff and just ask them to send it to you.

Also I usually try to say something like "Could you please send it to me or put me in contact with someone who can?", i.e. prompting them to help you rather than hinting at it

Sounds good as long as you made a minigolf hole with him

Though if you just want a form, I'd nix the networking stuff and just ask them to send it to you.

Also I usually try to say something like "Could you please send it to me or put me in contact with someone who can?", i.e. prompting them to help you rather than hinting at it

Okay, thank you

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Yeah I'd call up and say "hey where is my w-2 at, you seen it?" But I'm from Philly region, so...not much need to be friendly.

Today I got accepted into my new neighborhoods facebook page for block parties and that shit. Hopefully that'll be fun. Bunch of mild white families though so unlikely. We'll see. Also a good chance to see how well my girlfriend and I can mesh among neighbors. Solid testing ground before we buy a house some day

I'd change the order, if you had a good relationship with the person and everything - personal stuff first, how are things going, then ask for the W-2 form. Or just get rid of it completely if not - you don't want them to start reading, throw it out, and miss the point. Make sure and put something like "2016 W-2 form for [your name]" in the subject line too, especially if since it may well be forwarded and you don't want it to get bogged down like a game of telephone.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I feel like I never post here because I always feel like I have to catch up on all the time since I last posted and I end up putting it off since I don't want to do it lol. but tl;dr things have been going pretty well, Prague was an incredible trip, job has been going a lot better, I've been running a lot more, and started taking a swing dance class haha.

Also, I saw Radiohead this weekend. Might be the best show I've ever been to. They're just such a ridiculously incredible band.

Today I went to a performance art exhibition that one of my coworkers was performing at that he invited me to. It was... pretty bizarre lol but there were some really cool performances mixed in with the ones that went utterly over my head lol. They were themed around mental illness. , but it was pretty vague. My coworker did this collaboration with a dancer where they had a live feed of the room they were in projected onto a screen behind them, but with random frames from earlier in the feed mixed in so that time felt like it was jumping all over the place. The two of them were making slow gradual movements throughout their stage area, but the feed behind them made the same movements seem choppy as they were continuously replayed. They both also read poetry they wrote over the entire thing. I'm doing a shitty job at describing it but it was a really cool effect. Another piece tried to capture anxiety, but was pretty bizarre and had a girl slithering around like a snail eating kale out of a bowl face-first while another woman frantically rearranged flower petals on the floor and tried to force the snail-girl into making human movements while a third woman played a live violin piece under it all and projected a movie she filmed about snails behind it. I really... did not understand that one too much lol but it was still an interesting thing to see I guess. Definitely worse ways to spend a thursday night lmfao

• Like 1

It's [bleep]ing snowing here. Mid-April.

Thank you Putin!

(somesort of cold vortex from Siberia made it here)

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Today I got caught up on my OGame stuff. I plan to hopefully get to Champion Mastery 6 on Morgana today, and slowly get back into playing Summoner's Rift on League of Legends so I can do Ranked once again.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

I bought battlegrounds only to have my headset crap out, so now I've ordered a new headset. First world problems.

I bought battlegrounds only to have my headset crap out, so now I've ordered a new headset. First world problems.

That's pretty much a re-skin of H1Z1, right? 

I've always been very interested in trying a game like that, but never really followed through with it. Probably mostly because i need a better PC first, but also because i feel like my internet/region isn't very favorable for most multi-player games.

Speaking of getting a better PC, it's something i've really been thinking about for a while now. I want to build (or have one built for me rather) a PC that'll be capable of playing whatever i want at max/near max settings. Honestly that's the only justification i can find for building a PC, since if i'm not planning on playing games at max settings, i might as well stick to console. Anyway, i have no idea how much (or rather, how little) i'd be able to spend to get what i want. Obviously i don't give a shit about recording, streaming, rendering, etc. etc. etc. so i know i won't NEED top of the line, but i'd want something as close to it as possible. Another thing that is probably going to be a MUST is water-cooling. I'm fed up and done with conventional fan-cooling. There's way too much dust where i live, and it takes the fan no more than a few days before it starts sounding like an old car engine. I had my Laptop for a year in the US and it ran perfectly. After about a month back home it started running hot, started crashing due to overheating, fan started running noisy, etc. I'm hoping that i can get something decent for around $1500 - $2000. I think the real issue however is going to be shipping costs. Since it'll be much cheaper for me to buy the parts abroad (because stuff like that is stupidly overpriced here), i'll have to find some way of shipping it here cheaply. And then there's also the fact that i know little to nothing about building a PC and PC parts... will require a lot of research before i actually get to it.

Completely unrelated topic... back in Greece for another session of exams. Kinda nervous. The closer i get to finishing, the harder it's becoming to stay motivated and focused. Really all i want to do is go home and play video-games. I think that really says something about my mentality when it comes to life. Sometimes i feel the reason it's taken me so long to commit and finish what i started is the fear of growing up and having responsibilities. Having to start paying my own bills, having a someone large amount of responsibility placed on my shoulders, etc. At the moment i think the only thing (and it's really not a good thing) that's helping me get through all of this is the idea of what my life could become once i'm finally able to say "I'm a pilot". The respect i would get from my family, not just my parents but my aunts and uncles, my friends, people who've always told me i'll never be anything or anyone. And of course i think it'll make pulling girls just that much easier, which is a bonus.

Putting together a computer is like putting together a lego. Even my brothers both could do it and did it last year.

Hot damn how I am waiting for the summer, and by extension, autumn. South-West USA and Central America are waiting, and after that an extended round-the-world trip...

Will be epic.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

A lot.

How's it going down under? Are you still alive even? And have you found some sort of stability compared to the earlier rollercoaster of a life?

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

If you have a couple friends you like to game with, battlegrounds is great. It uses the same engine as H1Z1 (Arma) so in that regard it's similar.

Also

HAI TIM

All my life I've never been confident in anything, but I can finally confirm that I actually am intelligent to some extent.

I was granted an academic scholarship for my master's degree which means I get £3000 deducted from my tuition fees.

It'll make a significant difference - I am over the moon.

• Like 6