Today...

Leoo

You guys are absolute wizards for me.

First rain in a month and a half and of course it is on the day I planned the class reunion outside in a park. Yay.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Have you ever scrolled through Facebook long enough that you can almost feel it poisoning You? I wish there was a normal social media outlet that was strictly for event organization

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I don't mean to knock it before I try it, but I don't feel like it's going to be easy to convert my friends to a new social media platform

• Like 1

Just don't look at news and articles on social media and your fine.

I unfollowed my outspoken political friends. Best decision I ever made. Sorry proselytizing isn't cool, no matter what cause your trying to push. 

The best part about unfollowing someone is going back to their wall (months later) to be immediately reminded about why you stopped following them in the first place.

• Like 1

Luck be a Lady

So, I forgot how much it sucks to not work while at work. For the past ~1.5 weeks I've been basically sitting around and collecting a paycheck with menial labour in short spurts, it sucks the big one. Although I can't complain too much because for the hours I've been working I'm making essentially $20/hr to play on my phone.

Just got moved over to another spot that should have more work coming though, so I'll probably be on here complaining about working too much in no time.

Tell me about it dude, I watched the prequel trilogy at work today cause I was bored

Work for the government, that's my suggestion at least.

Actually, when I did work for the government, I do remember a lot of sitting around doing nothing, at least when I first started.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Been 22 months for me. I've put in about as much work as a month in any other job I've had.

Ok I think this looks pretty good.

rUXPpRi.png

Also Social Security requested my income information from some background check agency (I got an email lol) so they're moving along. I'm so nervous... There's no way I can get CompTIA Security+ and an IT job in 2 months. I mean, I'm still in a fragile state--stress causes me to have psychotic episodes (like last night; the stress came from nowhere as far as I know and resulted in me being delusional about the Old Ones) and major mood swings, but again, it's up to them to make the determination. Plus my income from Staples does not even exceed $900/month gross, so that can't be used against me (the limit is nearly $1,200/month).

ozXHe7P.png

What do you have to be worried about then?

Youngest brother is finishing high school. Can't fathom how, considering he is way more behind computer screens NOT studying than I was.

He wants to become a pilot, but his maths exam went so bad I have no idea how he plans to get to the pilot school.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

These agencies don't have a great rep for sympathy. Or really even accuracy. Lots of people who are not, in reality, fit to work have their benefits cut, which is obviously a problem if that's your main income.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

These agencies don't have a great rep for sympathy. Or really even accuracy. Lots of people who are not, in reality, fit to work have their benefits cut, which is obviously a problem if that's your main income.

Apparently it's 10% discontinuation rate, but I have improved while a lot of people do not.

ozXHe7P.png

Kinda shit that your reward for improvement is a paycut

That's one of the tough things about designing social assistance programs...you have to make sure that they motivate people to improve, but also that they don't punish them when they do. That's why gradual clawbacks are generally better than immediate withdrawal....obviously not knowing about your situation in any detail

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Y'all ever pee so good you exclaim "that's the dream"?

4 or 5 more days till i leave. This past week has gone by so fast. I should probably start arranging my shit so i can slowly start packing. I'm hella anxious to be honest. Every time i think about this i feel like i'm about to have a panic attack. My anxiety is getting the bestter of me at the moment. The idea of living with "strangers" again makes me extremely nervous. But i know it'll just be like this for the first few days and i'll be fine. I tend to get on with most people i meet really well. 

Back in Norway. Eighth summer for me here in this place, thirteenth in Norway.

Had not spoken Norwegian in a year, so thought it would be very rusty, but wasn't that bad at all. Could understand nearly all.

Starting work tomorrow already.

And tonight is Midsummer's Eve, our biggest festivity/holiday/party of the year in Estonia. Huge-ass bonfires and everybody getting drunk as and going looking for the fern blossoms. Fun fact: besides September the biggest amount of kids born in Estonia on any year is right about the latter half of March ;)

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc