Today...

Leoo

go for it. experience like that is crucial. the connections you'll make cpoild be life changing. companies dont give a rats ass about grades or what unrelated job you worked in school, its all about who you know and paid relevant experience. tightening the belt for a few months will pay off 100x in the lng run

Agreed.

I'm doing this very shortly myself. Potential opportunity with the OPS even though it's a bit rocky considering the new government, but great experience nonetheless.

j0xPu5R.png

Letting her control the logistics is a bad idea IMO... I always just do drinks or coffee for dates. I only had a restaurant date like once or twice when I was a total beginner. If I were in your shoes I would’ve said something like “I’m just going to want to relax that night— had a long stressful week. Let’s just hang out and talk [at my place -or- over drinks]

Keep doing whatever you’ve been doing with the girl complaining about not seeing you enough. If you start seeing her more often because she’s complaining about it, her interest in you will go down

We're both driving, so drinks are off the table. This one, if it does go right, is way more than a hook up. Known her for 8 years, but as I said, always thought she out of my league, so never really even considered asking her out.

But damn, I did already have a bit of a crush on her back then and she still hot as. And not only that, but she also interested in quite a few of the same stuff.

I just have 1 drink, sometimes 2. Never more than that, since were always both driving

77yLQy8.png

I didnt know that— how strict?

Varies by country. In at least a couple I was in, the driver couldn't drink *anything*. However, all the passengers could drink in the vehicle as much as they wanted....which was an awesome law tbh (at least for a week long road trip)

• Like 2

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Zero tolerance for drunk driving. Here, for first occasion, depending on blood alcohol content just a massive fine is the easiest you can get away with, but starting from second time you lose license or risk jail time. If you are drunk as, it is a criminal offence and you can go to jail already for first offense.

In Norway, automatically lose license at least for a month. Even for first occasion and 0.01ppt. If they've had a single beer before a big meal they still call the cab, cause the thing is harsh. In addition to losing license, at least a 1200 dollar fine and possible jail time.

• Like 1

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Jealous of the abundant public transport though

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

They just upped the drinking and driving laws here. Not too much though.

did they? didn't hear about that, unless you're referring to breathalyzing without probable cause, which was part of the legalization of marijuana

polvCwJ.gif

Yeah, like saq said, in some places anything above 0% BAC is illegal. How strictly that's enforced is hard to tell, I'd guess not that strictly, but it's still a thing.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

did they? didn't hear about that, unless you're referring to breathalyzing without probable cause, which was part of the legalization of marijuana
I know where I am the province technically lowered the limit to .05 by enacting fines and license suspensions to anyone between that and .08.

I know where I am the province technically lowered the limit to .05 by enacting fines and license suspensions to anyone between that and .08.

we've had that in ontario for a while, .05-.08 is the "warn zone" where there are more minor penalties

polvCwJ.gif

what little data i found showed significantly higher rates in the US. canada was even higher than the US which is a bit surprising given our laws are supposedly "better" according to the WHO

polvCwJ.gif

Canada stat doesn't surprise me, lots of rural areas with *very* little policing or any at all. Honestly PEI and NB are pretty easy to drive through without seeing a single police officer outside of major towns/cities.

Canada stat doesn't surprise me, lots of rural areas with *very* little policing or any at all. Honestly PEI and NB are pretty easy to drive through without seeing a single police officer outside of major towns/cities.

sure but the US should be in a very similar position

polvCwJ.gif

Just spent probs over 400 bucks on plane tickets. For less than that money I've had my trips to Vietnam, LA, Toronto, Indonesia, all East Coast US, one way from NZ... And this time the trip is within Europe...

However, promised to visit best mate of mine for New Years', so it is what it is.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

re: internship...

Does my portfolio look good?

http://aaronbolyard.com/

I also linked to my GitHubs:

https://github.com/aaronbolyard

https://github.com/bkdoormaus

I think it's pretty good. You have my magnus opus front and center (ItsyRealm), plus my other games and projects with screenies before you even click on them. My GitHub is pretty active, too, and has my best projects.

ozXHe7P.png

It has a 90,000 LOC well-engineered C++ project (Autonomaus) and my unique C++ behavior tree library (BMASHINA; it uses wires to map game state instead of a blackboard like 99% of behavior tree libs; this allows really flexible nodes that don't depend on 'singletons').

I should fold them into my main account. I linked (in order): portfolio, main GitHub, bkdoormaus GitHub so I doubt it'll hurt anything since it'll be the last thing they view.

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

Your website alone is better than basically any government website haha

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Anyone know anything about Cincinnati? Going there for the weekend and looking for things to do/eat.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”