Today...

Leoo

eh the policies and procedures were designed for a forum with thousands of active users - and it made sense. I doubt they were ever adapted for a progressively smaller user base

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Yeah, I can see how it would apply in that way. I guess I was spoiled with a simpler "rating system" elsewhere which simplified everything greatly (e.g. when to suspend for 21 days as opposed to 7 days, or when to give a final warning, etc) so got to see both worlds.

j0xPu5R.png

Did TIF ever have thousands of active users at the same time?

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I don't speak Italian but I could try e I b e d n isa mech ah wasna italina forumo

lolwut

At the height back in 2005? Probably.

So here's Portmaster Jenkins:

fWXfxQb.png

Problem is he doesn't have a ship, so I'm making him a ship:

cIP1XqX.png

idk how I'm gonna make it into the game yet but I think it looks nice

First to 99 sailing, here's my blog

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

<snip>

<snip>

c096nm6.png

what have you unleashed

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

fWXfxQb.png

cIP1XqX.png

Oh my god, I haven't thought about Sailing for so long.

That was a great joke back in the day. I'm actually pretty disappointed Jagex didn't add it like 3 years later.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Part of me thinks they were going to add it but decided not to risk disappointing everyone because they knew they couldn't pull it off correctly.

k so you can see the max users at the bottom of the main boards, I was going to check when I saw your post, it was like 4k something maybe 5 years ago (and it might have been more before we switched to IPB). But then I looked, and it's now 12k from like a week ago when the boards were down. Did we get DOSed? wtf

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

The Sailing joke is still a running gag in-game on OSRS whenever a new reboot starts timing down.

I joined the Reddit cc (HYT chat doesn't exist any more); if you speak to them about the last five years and look at RS3 player numbers, it's little wonder why numbers here have drifted down. While OSRS has been a huge success for Jagex (around 100k a few weeks ago following mobile OSRS release), RS3 only has 20k active weekly players now. The EoC update in late 2012 set RS3 on course for an ultimately terminal decline.

Wikia has also replaced Tip.It and Zybez as the reference for game information. From an ex-staff viewpoint, that's hardly surprising. We would receive literally hundreds of reports every week, and there's only so fast we can process that information (working out what was wrong, deciding between false reports, editing the HTML etc). Wikis are simply a better medium for community-based collaboration.

The Sailing joke is still a running gag in-game on OSRS whenever a new reboot starts timing down.

I joined the Reddit cc (HYT chat doesn't exist any more); if you speak to them about the last five years and look at RS3 player numbers, it's little wonder why numbers here have drifted down. While OSRS has been a huge success for Jagex (around 100k a few weeks ago following mobile OSRS release), RS3 only has 20k active weekly players now. The EoC update in late 2012 set RS3 on course for an ultimately terminal decline.

Wikia has also replaced Tip.It and Zybez as the reference for game information. From an ex-staff viewpoint, that's hardly surprising. We would receive literally hundreds of reports every week, and there's only so fast we can process that information (working out what was wrong, deciding between false reports, editing the HTML etc). Wikis are simply a better medium for community-based collaboration.

Yeah, the decline hit forums quite hard as people could just use wiki or clan chats for answers to questions. Or, hell, even video guides. All much easier than posting on a forum.

By the time I was an admin on Zybez, we had lost quite a lot of ground and tried to revitalize the boards using competitions, etc. Our main site was desperately out of date because we had no more content team members who were willing to update the site. There was just far too much to update with too few people. I'd assume it was similar here. We were successful briefly with the OSRS Exchange but it didn't last long when Jagex introduced the G.E. Pretty soon our main bread and butter came in from the clan section. Then when that started to decline, the boards became a ghost town and sure enough Curse (our parent company) closed it down because it became too expensive to maintain.

j0xPu5R.png

I joined the Reddit cc (HYT chat doesn't exist any more)

Lies, lies, lies! It is the fc "sc" now.

• Like 1

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Part of me thinks they were going to add it but decided not to risk disappointing everyone because they knew they couldn't pull it off correctly.

You know they had an actual vote on this, right?
  • Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

If I knew that, I've long since forgotten. The history of Jagex surprisingly doesn't come up I everyday conversation much

If I knew that, I've long since forgotten. The history of Jagex surprisingly doesn't come up I everyday conversation much

In case you're curious: http://[Use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?380,381,217,65675810

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Ah that was a number of years after I stopped playing so I never even saw that post. I'm guessing they decided against it after all. What a great indie company

CA beers is spectacular, how dare you criticize it. 

But I feel you Observer, I had this crazy good vodka that was made in Washington State and importing it across the country is just not worth it

CA beers is spectacular, how dare you criticize it. 

But I feel you Observer, I had this crazy good vodka that was made in Washington State and importing it across the country is just not worth it

More so some I tried in Europe I want here. Next time I go I'll take my max limit I guess.

j0xPu5R.png

If you check your baggage, do they still enforce liquor maximums?

If you check your baggage, do they still enforce liquor maximums?

Yeah, but I mean it's a wide window.

https://travel.gc.ca/returning/customs/what-you-can-bring-home-to-canada#alcohol

Last time I went I didn't have checked baggage; just a carry on as I was backpacking. 

j0xPu5R.png