What are your opinions on no-lifing?

Goldenjkered

You can be safe, you havnt beaten my no lifing.

So yea, my summer break is ending in 3 weeks, and yea, i have spent most of my days here. I have been outside a maxium 15 days, rest of the time, I have been here, playing from 10 am to like 12 pm.

I realy know it's not healthy, but this is a one time experience.

You must have a really nice, socially active life.

Oh wait-

And may I ask why a social life is so important?

Most ignorant flamers value social interaction as godly. Why are girls so important? Hell if I know. And yes, girls (or boys if you're a girl.). Being 'social' in their terms is indirectly getting a girlfriend...as if automatically having a girlfriend makes you cured from your 'nerd/no-lifer' status.

May I ask, why is having a girlfriend is so imporant when most of you go and leave thru several different girls in such a short period of time?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My names Bean824, and i'm a no-lifer...

But no, seriously, if people wanna spend 14+ hours a day playing, then they can. I personally think they shouldn't, but then again, who am I to tell people that? Their life isn't my life.

UrbanLegend.png

I think it's pathetic that someone would dedicate their lives to something so pointless. It's a game that earns you no respect in the real world no matter how good you are in the game. That's why I always see no-lifers as losers who try to cover up their worthless lives by being good at a game.

Yet you have a signature that says RS is worth the memories and you have a picture of you and your "best bud". Hypocrite much?

I think if people want to no-life that is up to them. We have no idea of their health issues, or social problems etc so why should we judge them?

He's my best bud on Rune Scape, not my best friend I've ever had. :| And by saying "worth the memories" I meant it was worth trying out and playing the game. I doubt I have ever no-lifed, the most I've played in a day is maybe 3 hours. During school I play on the weekends only and I take a 3-4 month break in the winter by quitting cold turkey. By no-lifing, I mean no-lifing. That means a person who never goes outside and their entire life revolves around grinding on the game just to be "the best".

So I fail to see why I'm the hypocrite here. I don't support true no-lifing because I don't believe that people should do it.

memorysignaturesx7.png

I think it's pathetic that someone would dedicate their lives to something so pointless. It's a game that earns you no respect in the real world no matter how good you are in the game. That's why I always see no-lifers as losers who try to cover up their worthless lives by being good at a game.

Yet you have a signature that says RS is worth the memories and you have a picture of you and your "best bud". Hypocrite much?

I think if people want to no-life that is up to them. We have no idea of their health issues, or social problems etc so why should we judge them?

He's my best bud on Rune Scape, not my best friend I've ever had. :| And by saying "worth the memories" I meant it was worth trying out and playing the game. I doubt I have ever no-lifed, the most I've played in a day is maybe 3 hours. During school I play on the weekends only and I take a 3-4 month break in the winter by quitting cold turkey. By no-lifing, I mean no-lifing. That means a person who never goes outside and their entire life revolves around grinding on the game just to be "the best".

So I fail to see why I'm the hypocrite here. I don't support true no-lifing because I don't believe that people should do it.

Well if you enjoyed the game why should you criticise people for them enjoying it? That was what I meant by "hypocrite". I entirely agree with you that if someone doesn't enjoy it then it isn't something they should do, sorry just thought I should clear that up.

I find it natural. Everyone does it. The people who flame "no-lifers" are just jealous and have nothing better to say really.

I wouldn't call no-lifing natural, regardless of how many people do it..

If you have some free time, more power to you. But once you start putting a hold on rl, it starts becoming a problem. Took me a while to figure that out personally..

everyone has their own life to live. for some examples:

for one who plays for only a little bit at a time--a simple casual gamer that really has fun just logging in and doing stuff. Doesn't look to level up or anything, but just to waste time. On average, no more than 5 hours a week, and rarely more than twice a week unless it's just checking up. i'm one of these, has fun with the occassional mining, but has a job and fun

the one who plays regularly--one who sets long term goals, or just does things that he or she feels like doing. not no-lifing, but a bit more serious than the above. 10-15 hours a week is good, and generally has quite a few good levels that one can feel proud of.

the one who no-lifes--obviously has nothing else to do. no job, secluded, or just simply doesn't care, there are a number of reasons. sure they can go out and have lives, and i'm sure a number of people that can be considered no-lifers do so, just not as regularly as people would think.

wheher one is just a casual gamer that plays on some down time to try it or just plays because it's fun, or at the other end of the spectrum that plays the game singularly, surely each has their own life with their own parameters. to call each part a waste of life is simply saying that life is not worth living.

This is getting long winded. to recap, one can have 10 hours a day playing and one can never have a skill over 50. but they have fun and enjoy life, so as long as they are enjoying themselves, there is no harm

then there is the true no-lifers, the one you hear about in the news that burry themselves in their room. This is the true crazy populous. if one engulfs themselves over a game, then one has no respect for the life they were given, no matter how much fun they have.

so please, no-life responsibly.

off topic: i'd like to see one person with a perfect social life

It is not the great who are strong, but the strong who are great--Albel Nox

Most ignorant flamers value social interaction as godly. Why are girls so important? Hell if I know. And yes, girls (or boys if you're a girl.). Being 'social' in their terms is indirectly getting a girlfriend...as if automatically having a girlfriend makes you cured from your 'nerd/no-lifer' status.

May I ask, why is having a girlfriend is so imporant when most of you go and leave thru several different girls in such a short period of time?

Being socially weak is a worthless and pathetic trait.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

You're considered unhealthy if you have a poor social life. Your self esteem will lower, you won't know as many people in real life.

I find it natural. Everyone does it. The people who flame "no-lifers" are just jealous and have nothing better to say really.

You're an idiot. It's not natural. Computers, the internet, Runescape, this [cabbage] isn't natural. Plains, mountains, waterfalls, instincts--are natural. Not this b.s. life people are living, staying inside for hours and hours doing nothing but clicking a damn mouse. Everyone does not "no life," trust me.

I'm not jealous over some kid who plays a game all day thinking he's badass if he has 138 combat. I actually think the opposite. I feel sorry for the kids who will play this game their entire teenage years and realize they wasted some of the best years of their life on this game. Wasted? Yeah, you could have gone out and spent time with real life friends, rather than some anonymous people you met on the internet.

Being socially weak is a worthless and pathetic trait.

I view it as not having a trait, not a trait itself.

Regardless though, why does it matter to you? Even if it is a worthless trait, does it affect you in your social traits?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Being stupid is as much of a trait as being smart. They're simply different ends of the spectrem. The analogy goes with being social and being asocial, extroverted and introverted; logically, it is a trait.

Regardless though, why does it matter to you? Even if it is a worthless trait, does it affect you in your social traits?

Please rephrase that so you're making sense. Are you saying the fact that you or someone else here is socially weak doesn't affect me, so I shouldn't care, or are you saying that my social traits don't affect my social traits?

Allow me to rephrase: huh?

I don't really have a problem with people no-lifing. If they want to put themselves through it , then so be. What can we do to stop them? In some cases however, no-lifing is alright ie. Broken Bones, Natural Disasters/Weather.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

You're considered unhealthy if you have a poor social life. Your self esteem will lower, you won't know as many people in real life.

You're an idiot. It's not natural. Computers, the internet, Runescape, this [cabbage] isn't natural. Plains, mountains, waterfalls, instincts--are natural. Not this b.s. life people are living, staying inside for hours and hours doing nothing but clicking a damn mouse. Everyone does not "no life," trust me.

I'm not jealous over some kid who plays a game all day thinking he's badass if he has 138 combat. I actually think the opposite. I feel sorry for the kids who will play this game their entire teenage years and realize they wasted some of the best years of their life on this game. Wasted? Yeah, you could have gone out and spent time with real life friends, rather than some anonymous people you met on the internet.

who are you to tell that they're wasting their life? if they enjoy playing the game then so be it. you can't be so biased on natural depending on what other people do. everyone around you has the same rights. if they want to enjoy playing games and having fun, that's fine. if they want to go party outside, and hang with friends, that's fine. but trying to categorize people as unhealthy for not meeting up to your expectations is not fine. :roll:

IMO If you wanna stay on RuneScape for 8 hours a day I couldn't give a toss.

No one has the rights to tell someone what they can/can't do.

and the people that 'claim' they have a great social life make me laugh (isn't it funny how nearly everyone with a social life say they have girlfriends and they do weights ect:)

Do what YOU want, it's YOUR life.

If you want to play games as long as you like then do it.

I''m happy playing RuneScape for 2 hours then taking my dogs for a walk down the beach then going to work ect:)

Zaroterasu.png

IMO If you wanna stay on RuneScape for 8 hours a day I couldn't give a toss.

No one has the rights to tell someone what they can/can't do.

and the people that 'claim' they have a great social life make me laugh (isn't it funny how nearly everyone with a social life say they have girlfriends and they do weights ect:)

Do what YOU want, it's YOUR life.

If you want to play games as long as you like then do it.

I''m happy playing RuneScape for 2 hours then taking my dogs for a walk down the beach then going to work ect:)

i have imo a great social life but i dont life weights or have a girl freind (though im working on the second) i go to work 3-5 days a week go see freinds at LEAST twice a week if i have money ill often go out EVERY day of the week but once im out of money i play rs lots since i cant realy do much is that a crime?

siggykilljoyfulykomppsmg6.jpg

Don't have the time to read the whole thread, had a quick skim through though.....

Allot of people would consider me a no-lifer, because i spend allot of time on Runescape. Simple fact of the matter is, this isn't the greatest part of town, and there's allot worse things i could be doing. I spend weekends with my girlfriend or with friends, most of which are caught up in crime now, but on weekday nights i have nothing much else to do.... joining the navy over here, just waiting for paperwork with that now, so i have allot of free time to burn through. Getting in allot of gaming while i still can, not to the point where my social life suffers though.

who are you to tell that they're wasting their life? if they enjoy playing the game then so be it. you can't be so biased on natural depending on what other people do. everyone around you has the same rights. if they want to enjoy playing games and having fun, that's fine. if they want to go party outside, and hang with friends, that's fine. but trying to categorize people as unhealthy for not meeting up to your expectations is not fine. :roll:

When you sit on your [wagon] for 7+ hours at a time, it's not healthy for you.

NOTE: My post is controversial. My opinion is not representative of the Tip.It Staff.

You're just rearranging words in an attempt to somehow justify the flaw Reb has pointed out, instead of actually countering. I'll take this to mean you actually think he's right, you just don't want to say it.

It matters that when I ring up a call centre expecting a straight-forward conversation, but because they spend their whole time watching TV/playing computer games, they possess the communication skills of a garden snail.

Communication skills are essential in order to get on in the world, and if you can't see that, that's your problem. When you go for a job, and they ask you for past experience, are you honestly going to sit there and say:

"Well, my best achievement in life was getting 99 Fishing on an online computer game. I spent hundreds of hours doing it"?

You'd be (rightly) laughed out of the door.

I understand there are some personalities (typically introverted) which ask for 'alone time', and many of these people achieve this by playing computer games. However, this doesn't mean socially isolating yourself from everyone else is suddenly 'healthy', nor does it mean it's none of our business when you go and enter jobs later on in life.

There is a difference between no-lifing and escapism. The latter is a perfectly natural human desire. The former is frankly nothing short of an addiction, and is most certainly unnatural and unhealthy.

I know someone who plays for 8+hours per day, and throws some of the biggest parties in the city -.- that proves you can play and still have a very active social life. btw, not them weird raves and deathmetal b.s parties

Right... so where's he get the money for these parties then?

I know someone who plays for 8+hours per day, and throws some of the biggest parties in the city -.- that proves you can play and still have a very active social life. btw, not them weird raves and deathmetal b.s parties

what exactly is wrong with deathmetal may i ask i dont like rave but i wouldnt just go around dissing it without any reason.

ot:

while i understand what you are saying i have to agree with ginger_warrior on this one you need money to host parties 24 hours in a day lets sat hes full time thats around 34-39 hour weeks eitehr way at least 6 hours every week day and trust me after work you need to sleep so i dout he plays rs for 8+ hours every day

siggykilljoyfulykomppsmg6.jpg

what exactly is wrong with deathmetal may i ask i dont like rave but i wouldnt just go around dissing it without any reason.

ot:

while i understand what you are saying i have to agree with ginger_warrior on this one you need money to host parties 24 hours in a day lets sat hes full time thats around 34-39 hour weeks eitehr way at least 6 hours every week day and trust me after work you need to sleep so i dout he plays rs for 8+ hours every day

work 6hrs

rs 8hrs

sleep 6hrs

partay 4 hrs

could work out :P

StarViv.png

work 6hrs

rs 8hrs

sleep 6hrs

partay 4 hrs

could work out :P

God one can only hope you're joking.