What are your opinions on no-lifing?

Goldenjkered

i nolife alot

but their are 2 types of nolife imo

unplanned-you wake up dont know what to do and play for most of the day this is kinda bad for training skills and generally is more frequent

planned- you decide "i am going to play x hours-10+ and get x exp this is awesome for training skills but less people do this

i do both and probably look down on unplanned more because the person that does planned is fully aware of what they are doing and achieves thier goals saving days when they arent supposed to be playing that much.

StarViv.png

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes there is, it causes addiction in a game. When you get a job and no life you will almost have to cut it cold turkey. Right after band camp i felt like not playing rs at all and i am proud of myself for feeling this way. It means a possible 4.0 sophomore year not a 3.85 in freshman year (damn runescape).

The hours that you put into this game could be put into something else. When you are about to die, what would you of used those hundreds to thousands of hours for?

Wasted hours? This is a game, it's supposed to be fun, if you consider playing a game that you enjoy wasted hours then you should really just quit and move on to "better" things.

LOL.jpg

I really dont see it as a problem. When i was going for 99 firemaking and woodcutting, there be days id spend 10+hours on RS(Not in a row). Now in days i spend 2-4 hours, only more if i have time now. As long as you have fun at it though. If you enjoy playing runescape for that much time a day, then do it.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Get out and enjoy life. Don't stick yourself cramped in a room in front of the Computer. Once you get away from Runescape, you'll be glad you did. Physical activity is good for you and it's great to meet and hang out with friends in rl.

I know people who play 22 hours a day. Some 12. Myself, 4. It's their lives, they can dowhatever they want with it

-Retired from Runescape on August 12, 2008-

Working out topic

Everything related to working out! Ask questions, get honest answers. Share your experiences, work out routines, stories, opinions, and discuss about working out! Everything :). Check it out :)

ive done a few 15 hour days before with breaks i do what i feel like doing on the day if my friends have plans then fair enough people can sit there and lie through their teeth about how long they play but my opinion is its your own life do what you want with it, if other people judge you on that they should look at their own perfect lives before taking the moral high ground.

People still have qualitys away from runescape, if someone can do 99 rc slayer in rs to me they are a highly determined person what they could have achieved if they spent that time elsewhere well thats for them to decide.

But people who judge others if they dont ask for your opinion chances are they dont really care

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I'm a no-lifer often. But really, it's just me playing in my free time. The most no-lifing I've done is 900k agility experience in a day, but it was for a clan skill war. I wouldn't do that for normal playing, it just doesn't feel good. I don't see a problem with no-lifing, it's a person's choice what they do. I often see people preaching about how bad it is, and then referencing some idiotic study about how unhealthy gaming is. I hate these people.

snowsigyy7.png

I think a lot of people just blow it out of proportion. They hear about a story about a guy going 30 hours straight and they start to stereotype every high level like that...

As long as you don't take it to the level portrayed on the South Park WOW episode, then what's the problem? Your real life should always be your first priority though.

I think it's fine, and that people can find their balance.

It's funny that I have an extreme "life" and an extreme "no-life". For example, today I spent 7 hours (8 am to 3 pm) playing tennis and then I got home, had lunch, and played RuneScape until around 10.

Picture3-1-1-1.jpg

Moderation is key. It's not the most healthy thing, but in reality neither is TV. Which people would substitute games for.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I see no problem with it. I play usually around 6 hours a day during the summer. I end up spending most of my day inside. Usually it's 100 degrees outside, and I'd rather be inside than outside. Plus, I have 2 hours of volleyball practice a day so it's not hard at all for me to stay fit.

Amaranth_GTO.png

Im the type of person, that if I dont have plans for the day, I wont make them.

If I wasnt on RS, Id be doing other things around the house, or just chilling. So, no, no-lifing as you put it, nothing is wrong.

Im not going to spend time on RS if there is already something arranged to do, but, in my downtime, (most of the time) Im just at home, scaping or just browsing the net...

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

I can't stand the heat in summer. So I aim a fan at myself and play vidja games.

I never got the whole "Hang out with friends" thing and why is it better than watching tv or playing a game? Either way nothing gets done. If theres work to be done of course that comes first, but otherwise I don't really give a damn about what people think is normal.

What I don't get is why do people get mad when you're "no-lifing" on the internet but not on other things? Like i don't feel the real "need" to play RS anymore so i'll stop every once in a while and play Oblivion. Now for some reason if i play Rs 3-4 hours in a day my parents will make little comments. But a few days back i "no lifed" Oblivion for 8 hours(cable/internet was out) cause it was so fun to me. No one made a comment. Why is the internet so evil? :-#

Oh and i usually play maybe 3-4 hours on Rs during the summer days and weekends and at most 2 hours on school days.

Edit: Although i did no life the 98-99 Range level. Think 7 hours that day. But hey, it was my first 99.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

What is our position to give someone proiorities? For all I care, someone can do whatever they please as long as it doesn't interrupt others.

It is in no one's rights to tell someone they should do something otherwise. If I want to drink beer all day then by god's right let me! But, until the moment I drive a vehicle and hit someone and distrub their life, no one should do anything to me.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I say do what you want, it's your life. Don't listen to people who insult you because of it, they just want your attention and/or have some sort of anger problem. Why would it bother people who don't know you and never will be in the same town, most likely, what you do.

I dont know how people manage to stay so long on a computer, look outside its summer!go play hockey,or tennis or go swimming or maybe paintaball?the max i ever played runescape was maybe 4 hours straight :D

gabby_air.png

Best tip.it F.O.G. player =)

"No mercy for the weak, no pity for the dying, no tears for the slain"

I must say- don't play away.

computers do give off radiation, I'd say play 8 hours a day max- even that's a bit over the top. If you're gonna play for over 4 hours a day, I highly, so strongly recommend that you buy a screen that you put in front of your monitor to reduce teh amount of radiation given off (unless you just wanna live to be 50).

Thats all I got to say.

Death should not be taken as 'the end,' but a very effective way to cut down taxes.

What is our position to give someone proiorities? For all I care, someone can do whatever they please as long as it doesn't interrupt others.

It is in no one's rights to tell someone they should do something otherwise. If I want to drink beer all day then by god's right let me! But, until the moment I drive a vehicle and hit someone and distrub their life, no one should do anything to me.

It's a health hazard though. People have died from exhaustion by "no-lifing" before. I see nothing wrong with pointing out the dangers of it to your fellow man. Moderately "no-lifing" is fine unless until it gets out of control - then you can harm yourself, and doing that over a video game is not fine.

Now, making fun of someone for "no-lifing" is a different story, but I think it's absolutely fine to tell someone when you think they had more than they can handle.